Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
Well, if all goes well this weekend, I'll have two RVs in the yard on Monday!

I really love my current Class C from Thor, it has been the best one (of 6 Class Cs) I ever owned.

I recently posted a couple small albums of two modifications I made, Laptop Mount and Outside Entertainment Center/Slide Tray that may give someone some ideas.

I have posted my Class C on the IRV2 classified website, so that was a nice option.

Well, off to NC to look at a "pre-owned" Class A...would have stayed with Thor if they had used actual 60" x 80" queen beds in their Hurricane or Windsport lines...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, if all goes well this weekend, I'll have two RVs in the yard on Monday!

I really love my current Class C from Thor, it has been the best one (of 6 Class Cs) I ever owned.

I recently posted a couple small albums of two modifications I made, Laptop Mount and Outside Entertainment Center/Slide Tray that may give someone some ideas.

I have posted my Class C on the IRV2 classified website, so that was a nice option.

Well, off to NC to look at a "pre-owned" Class A...would have stayed with Thor if they had used actual 60" x 80" queen beds in their Hurricane or Windsport lines...
Old 08-24-2007, 12:04 PM   #3

Gerry, good luck.You should have no problem selling your C.I wont jinx you , but welcome to the class A way of life.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:13 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, now I have two RVs on the property, new one in the RV spot, old one in front of it in the driveway...

Bought the 2005 Fleetwood Bounder 34F Class A/3 slides in NC...a spotless coach, couldn't be happier...now to work out the few kinks...

Gotta prep. the Class C and start advertising...hoping for a quick sale.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:13 PM   #5

Good Luck.Glad everything worked out for you. Boy, wouldnt be a better way to show it off than to come to the Nor easter rally in oct.My wife would love that floor plan.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:59 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wish we could make it, can't be in two places at once...have a small RV.Net group get together also in NH...Danforth Bay RV Resort...third year for this one...or is it four?

Anyway, hi to all the IRV2 Nor'Easters.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:47 AM   #7

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Nice job of that laptop mount. Did you modifield a drink holder on your left driver side window ? Any pic of that? I see that your wife or girlfriend still has a place for her drink.
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
George...I do lose my drink holder for all intents and purposes...I just set it down on the floor by the engine cover, or hold it...

My wife never would ride in the cab with me...too tight a fit on the passenger side for her...on the new Class A, she likes the seat... The passenger seat drink holder is accessible on the Chateau.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george henry:
Nice job of that laptop mount. Did you modifield a drink holder on your left driver side window ? Any pic of that? I see that your wife or girlfriend still has a place for her drink. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>George, I just relocated my RAM laptop mount/tray to the new Class A...had to purchase another RAM piece to get it up to where I could use it, and now the arm swivels over easily so the co-pilot can use the laptop as well.

I mounted it in the center of the Class A wood tray that usually sits on the doghouse mounted on a metal base, it worked perfectly, will have to get some photos taken/posted. Both drink holders are still accessible on the Class A.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #10

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
GerryB54, now that is the way to go . Sounds like you done a great job. Any pic's?.
Now I am jealous, in fact we are loading up for a week trip out to see kentucky, Indiana, IL. Can't spell Chicago, IL. And Tennessee, , leaving here from north GA and yes we are taking the HURRICANE with two SUZUKI sport bikes.A week up and a week return just to get out on the road. beaches are nice and we also live on the lake with a view but sometimes you just have to get out and see more of this beautiful country U.S.A.
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
George, I couldn't get over how much I missed the GPS and Internet laptop within my sight and reach...on our recent trip to PA Dutch country I had to depend on my wife in the co-pilot seat to operate the laptop and navigate,,,what a disaster!

She's horrible with paper maps, thought the GPS with the route marked on green and the little arrow moving on the green line would be easy, but I got an earful...I can figure out where I'm going just looking at the onscreen map and follow the line, my wife wants to read directions...glad now I'm back in control.

Have a great trip, cya online.

PS - I used to carry motorcycles on my Class Cs over the years (Suzuki 180 then a Honda 460 Nighthawk), finally went to the toad/towed vehicle...miss riding though...been doing that even longer than RVing...I must be getting old...

PPS - Finally got the outside cleaned on the Chateau today (starting w/the roof)...looks like a million bucks! The inside is always spotless...but empty now.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
May have a buyer...keep your fingers crossed!
Old 09-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Almost sold, people really like everything about it and say they want it, will know the financial situation tomorrow...may be one less RV by next weekend.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
George, here's the link to my post on the Fleetwood forum about my new laptop mounting.

RAM Laptop Mount in Class A