RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2014 Thor Challenger 37KT Owners

I brought it home on 6-15-13 and took it out for 5 days. I found about 9 little things that wasn't right( As I knew I would with a new unit) and 3 major ones, so I have it back to the dealer for repairs.

This is my first coach, I have owned 2 5th wheels before so I have a couple of questions.
1) Will the genset run both AC's at the same time ? ( I have residential refrigerator and the inverter) Camping World says yes and so does the specs on the genny but it won't, camping world is looking into it for me .

2) Anyone had a HD SAT hooked up to the coach ? I had this done before signing the papers and was only able to watch SAT HD on the main TV , no SAT service on the other 3 TV's. Camping World is having to run the cables to the other TV's with HDMI splitter's so I can run all 4 TV's with 2 SAT Boxes. The setup will be HD box & splitter for the main TV and outside TV, and a HD Box, HDMI splitter for the bedroom and kitchen. I find it hard to believe that in 2014 Thor didn't run RG6 & HDMI cable throughout the coach , I had this in a 2011 5th wheel.

3) Has anyone upgraded the outside TV to a Larger one ?

Here is a list of all problems :
1)Slide lock is loose...cylinder seems to spin all the way around
2)Check rear passenger hydraulic leveler..has signs of possible leak
3)Water coming in around windshield, it poured onto the dash, we had to put towels down until it stopped raining
4)Plastic molding at top of entry steps loose in left corner
5)Bathroom door hits when closing .. hits at the bottom , wood to wood
6)DVD player doesn't play on main TV.
7)Passenger window screen hole in
8)Driver window rattles like crazy, while driving, I couldn't find anything loose but something in that area rattles when you get a cross breeze or get passed by a 18 wheeler
9)front door is sticking , striker plate miss aliened
10)the slide with the couch seems to rubbing real hard when you retract and extended , sounds like its going to rip a hole in the couch or floor .
11) Can't run both AC on genny power
12) No RG6(for SAT) or HDMI to any TV's other than the main TV.

Thanks
Bigdaddy51200
bigdaddy5120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Why CampingWorld for repairs and not a Thor Dealer?
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
Why CampingWorld for repairs and not a Thor Dealer?
They are the Thor dealer , only dealer within a 100 miles .
Old 07-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #4

FYI My local Camping World is a Thor dealer....they carry a huge Thor inventory of motor homes. I don't shop much, but thought all CW's were Thor dealers....I guess not....
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #5

I really like the 37KT floor plan --Hope they get CW on the ball with your repairs.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
FYI My local Camping World is a Thor dealer....they carry a huge Thor inventory of motor homes. I don't shop much, but thought all CW's were Thor dealers....I guess not....
I think they are. I took mine back to CW Nashville for the repairs, They have been good to work with so far . I hope to get it back sometime next week.
The only major problem I had was the leaking windshield all the other things can be expected when purchasing a new unit. I'm still not happy about the SAT but that will fixed.

This is a beautiful coach and I love the floor plan .
Old 07-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
10)the slide with the couch seems to rubbing real hard when you retract and extended , sounds like its going to rip a hole in the couch or floor .

We had this problem on our 37GT. The slide has rollers that run on aluminum plates screwed to the floor. One of the plates was misaligned so the roller was running over the screw heads. The dealer had to remove the slide to fix it.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post

We had this problem on our 37GT. The slide has rollers that run on aluminum plates screwed to the floor. One of the plates was misaligned so the roller was running over the screw heads. The dealer had to remove the slide to fix it.
Mine sounds like it's the bottom of the couch. I will see what they come with at the CW.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #9

sticking slide

I have a 2014 37 KT and my couch slide seems to be a little loud also, does not seem to be gouging the floor though. I had to send the the bedroom tv back (bad tuner) and a few other little minor problems that thor sent parts and I fixed myself. I did the CHF in the front sway bar and will check out if it makes any difference in the ride. We really love this coach and are very happy with the service we have gotten from thor so far. Good luck with all you fixes
M72561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #10

This is a really nice floor plan for a gas powered class A. Has anyone weighed one of these coaches?
Kpjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I put mine on the cat scale a few weeks ago, it was 20,800 pounds full of fuel,propane,water, all my stuff, and 2 passengers.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #12

Thanks for the weight info.
Kpjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well I got it home Saturday after 3 weeks at the shop. I would grade CW of nashville about 6/10 for service . I will not carry it back to them since it's 100 miles away .

1)Slide lock is loose... Repaired
2)Check rear passenger hydraulic leveler: not repaired leaking bad now, blew fluid all over my wifes car that was following me home
3)Water coming in around windshield, it poured onto the dash, we had to put towels down until it stopped raining- will test when we get a hard rain
4)Plastic molding at top of entry steps loose in left corner-repaired
5)Bathroom door hits when closing -repaired
6)DVD player doesn't play on main TV.-repaired
7)Passenger window screen has a hole-repaired
8)Driver window rattles like crazy, while driving- NOT repaired , still as bad as before
9)front door is sticking-repaired
-repaired
11) Can't run both AC on genny power-repaired
12) HD SAT hookup to all 4 TV's -Done
13) steering issue.. must hold the steering wheel a quater turn to left to get the coach to go straight- was told at the dealer it wasn't a warrenty item, talk with shop forman Monday he said he thought he told me it would have to be repaired at a ford dealer, he did not .
Old 07-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I got a call today from CW shop forman today and he said they are going to contact THOR about the steering issue. He said I'm not the only one having a issue with it. He says Ford is saying it's a maintenance issue. Can't be a maintenance issue because it only has 1400 miles on it . Anyway he said that camping world will reimburse me for any charges from Ford on the issue.

Tags
thor