Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
2015 Miramar Full Wall slide Change - 3 rails?

The DW and I are looking at the 2014 and 2015 Miramar 34.3. We are a bit concerned with FWS issues (especially those what suffered with it on some Palazzo models).

I noticed a change you can see in these photos from the 2014 and 2015 Mirimar where they added a third worm gear rail to the FWS.

Anyone know anything about this change? Was this change designed to add reliability, to solve FWS issues? Seems like this should help.

I noticed this was also changed on the 34.2 model.

2014 Mirimar 34.3 Full Wall Slide

2015 Mirimar 34.3 Full Wall Slide

Anyone else out there with some experience good or bad with the full wall slide on the Mirimar 34.2 or 34.3?

Thanks!

Aaron G.
aarong is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2014, 04:18 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We have a 34.1, but in my humble opinion, I would definitely get the triple track version if you want that model. Our living room slide is not a FWS, but it still scares me every time it goes in or out. I don't know how to word it other than, it just doesn't sound good/strong/quality. I pray it works the length of time we own this coach!! Best of luck, we love our Miramar otherwise.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #3

I would be curious to know if this same change went into the 2015 Hurricane/Windsport 34J or 34F which both have the similar full wall slide.
bcreekmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #4

After looking at pictures of the Hurricane 34J I see the same change between the 2014 and 2015 models as well.
bcreekmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwky View Post
We have a 34.1, but in my humble opinion, I would definitely get the triple track version if you want that model. Our living room slide is not a FWS, but it still scares me every time it goes in or out. I don't know how to word it other than, it just doesn't sound good/strong/quality. I pray it works the length of time we own this coach!! Best of luck, we love our Miramar otherwise.
We are currently thinking of purchasing the Miramar in the next 6 months. I was wondering if you have had any real issues with this model? We love the layout of both the 34.1 and 34.2 and having a tough time deciding between the two. Also, we can't find many people who have experience yet with the Miramar seeing it's so new. Any help is appreciated!!

Kevin
Moonless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Kevin. See my other posts on this forum regarding the Miramar. Overall we are very happy with the coach, we've had it 11 months now. No major problems and we take it out it at least twice per month year round. You just can't beat it for the price. Probably wouldn't make a good full time coach. I'll be making the trip to elkhart next month before the warranty is up to have them fix several minor issues. They've already changed the 2014 model a lot since we bought ours. We had no residential fridge or inverter. Also really hate that our outside tv door flops downward instead of having gas lifts upwards. Ive installed inverter/charger, 2 additional house batteries, AGS, "Mack truck" air horns, and in-motion satellite dome :-D
We compared the Miramar closely to the Hurricane, and to me, it was a no brainer to have the massive basement storage and larger wheels of the Miramar. Get it, you'll love it!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
To get back more on topic, thor seems to have fixed a great number of first year "issues" with Miramar as well as [hopefully] learned from their FWS palazzo mistakes!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #8

2014 34j fws

We have the two rail version and will be covered under warranty when we return from this trip.

First time coach owners. We have 8,700 miles and about 40 nights logged. All last summer and this summer.

When we bought the 34J the salesman told us we needed a toolbox and a sense of humor to own and RV. He was right. Thor support has been terrific on every issue. Nothing has gone unresolved.

We always level before extending out slide. This summer worm gear (shaft between upper and lower gears) bent and additional friction caused motor pin to bend and motor to pop out.

Tech support was able to walk me through the reinstall of the motor to get coach back on the road. when we return home in August they are going to install a new Slide operating system.

My guess is the third rail is to hold the extra weight of the FWS. They added it for a reason. If you have a choice get the one with three rails.

The 34J is great for us.
Tsfilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #9

My DH and I are expecting delivery of our Miramar 34.3 bunkbed at the end of this month. I will look for the 3rd rail on the fws. Can anyone give info on the gas mileage? saw another post for hurricane and they were only getting 5 mpg. that sort of scares me. We were going to get the windsport and then saw the miramar online and loved that it had so much storage in the basement. couldn't find any place to put our golf clubs in the windsport.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Mynascar48, looking forward to hearing how your full wall slide works out with that third rail.

Now that I know the Mirimar has room for my golf clubs, that cinches it for me. :-)
aarong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarong View Post
Mynascar48, looking forward to hearing how your full wall slide works out with that third rail.

Now that I know the Mirimar has room for my golf clubs, that cinches it for me. :-)
You gotta have room for the golf clubs!
Old 07-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
You can fit 20 golf bags underneath a Miramar! Soooo much storage, I love it. We average 7mpg at ~67mph average cruise speed.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #13

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynascar48 View Post
My DH and I are expecting delivery of our Miramar 34.3 bunkbed at the end of this month. I will look for the 3rd rail on the fws. Can anyone give info on the gas mileage? saw another post for hurricane and they were only getting 5 mpg. that sort of scares me. We were going to get the windsport and then saw the miramar online and loved that it had so much storage in the basement. couldn't find any place to put our golf clubs in the windsport.
I would think with any gas coach in this size range your going to be between 5 and 9 mpg depend on how you drive and how much weight you have .
Never drive over 65
Old 07-23-2014, 11:49 PM   #14

Hurricane 34j. 7.5 mpg

We get 7.5 consistently at 65 mph.Driving Tx ok. Mo.
Tsfilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide