Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2019, 10:17 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
2015 Thor Ace ... Ac and water heater out ?

Hello rv brothers and sisters,

My Ac , water heater and tank led levels gauges are not working. Checked fuses and breakers and all are good. Anyone have an idea where else I should check to fix the issues?
Gfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2019, 04:15 AM   #2

If you haven't already, check for power after the fuses and breakers with a meter.

If theses problems showed up after setting for the winter they may not all have the same cause. Example, the water heater element may have been energized with no water in the tank and a critter may have made a home in your rooftop AC.

Does your water heater not work on either gas or electric?

Does the AC and gauges not work on generator, plugged in, battery?
Old 04-28-2019, 07:57 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
I don’t winterize the rig I store it in my rv garage. The water heater does not work in both electric and gas .

The ac was working just fine but, when we took off from the last stop I went to check the water level gauges and noticed the led bar dimmed and went out.

The ac and gauges doesn’t work on gen, shore power or battery ... the only gauges that do work on the panel are the water pump , slides and gen start
Old 04-28-2019, 03:58 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Reads more like a 12VDC problem and not a 120VAC. DC is the controlling power for all three and all three could be on the same fuse.

No idea which fuse. A good place to start would be to establish an account at - https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/ and see what Thor has made available for your coach. Here's an example for a 2018 Hurricane 35M.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hurricane-Windsport 35M, 2018, Schematics.pdf (2.94 MB, 19 views)
Old 04-29-2019, 01:11 AM   #5

It does look like 12 volt issue. Hopefully one problem causing all three issues.I don't know of any likely fuse locations other than the main panel under the bed (in my case 2015 ACE 29.3).

Sweetbriar's info source looks helpful, I plan to set up an account when I return from today's excursion.

How is your battery voltage doing? If they are the original batteries, may be getting weak. Although this should not be an issue when plugged in or on generator if the converter is operating properly.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:08 AM   #6

Hi neighbor. Is it possible to pull the panel and look for loose or bad connections?
Mnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplewide View Post
It does look like 12 volt issue. Hopefully one problem causing all three issues.I don't know of any likely fuse locations other than the main panel under the bed (in my case 2015 ACE 29.3).

Sweetbriar's info source looks helpful, I plan to set up an account when I return from today's excursion.

How is your battery voltage doing? If they are the original batteries, may be getting weak. Although this should not be an issue when plugged in or on generator if the converter is operating properly.

I’ve check the fuse box under the bed and all fuse and breakers seem to be fine getting 120 to the all breakers and no blown fuses.

the house battery’s and chassis battery’s are fine ... just replaced the chassis a few days ago and the house battery’s are running good.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:37 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnoel View Post
Hi neighbor. Is it possible to pull the panel and look for loose or bad connections?

I could do that haven’t checked for lose connections.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:04 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnoel View Post

Nothing loose and doesn’t seem to be any bad connections
Old 04-29-2019, 10:06 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Trying to find out if there would be any other fuse or relay that might controlling these issues anyone know what these are Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1499.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	244034
Old 04-29-2019, 06:02 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfamily View Post
Trying to find out if there would be any other fuse or relay that might controlling these issues anyone know what these are Attachment 244034
Look like high current DC relays. The two in my somewhat older Hurricane are interlocks for the slides. The parking brake closes the relay and allows slide motion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide Interlock Relays.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	244082  
Old 04-30-2019, 04:06 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Just checked the furnace and that’s out too. So now it’s the furnace , AC , water heater (both electric and Gas) and tank level monitors ... hmmmm
Old 05-02-2019, 11:14 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Furnace is 12VDC powered and controlled. It is also the 12VDC power source for the thermostat which controls when the A/C comes on. Is you fridge a propane type? If so good possibility it's also on vacation.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:53 PM   #14
lug

If the 50A breaker, battery compartment, is tripped you'd have zero DC voltage available from the batteries. If it's not tripped or your on shore power I'd inspect the converter fuses, probably 30A or 35A, located on the front or rear. My fuses, WF9800, are on the front.
lug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, heat, heater, thor, water, water heater