RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2015, 06:39 AM   #1

Angry 2015 THOR Miramar Owner with problems

So what all am I in for when I take it to the Miramar Warranty Center in Indiana? To many problems for General RV to handle and not real happy with General RV Service Center in Mt. Clemens either...........

SJB46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2015, 05:05 PM   #2

If your not happy with your dealer, then you should bring it in to Thor. Many folks have had very good experience with Thor service, including me.

streamcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:13 AM   #3

Yes Thank You I am taking it to Thor Motor Coach on November 2nd. Seriously, I think that a Class Action Law Suit should be filed against General RV, maybe that would get their attention. At some point and time I do intend to speak to a lawyer and ask him or her if I mustered up enough unsatisfied customers, which would be no problem at all, would a lawyer be interested in going after them for all of the losses so many have had including lost of use of thier RV, that's where they get you when you bring the hammer down on them, sure we will fix it, but it takes weeks to get the parts from the manufacturer and we will keep it stored here all summer sir if that's what it takes!
Old 01-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJB46 View Post
Yes Thank You I am taking it to Thor Motor Coach on November 2nd. Seriously, I think that a Class Action Law Suit should be filed against General RV, maybe that would get their attention. At some point and time I do intend to speak to a lawyer and ask him or her if I mustered up enough unsatisfied customers, which would be no problem at all, would a lawyer be interested in going after them for all of the losses so many have had including lost of use of thier RV, that's where they get you when you bring the hammer down on them, sure we will fix it, but it takes weeks to get the parts from the manufacturer and we will keep it stored here all summer sir if that's what it takes!
Checking in. I bought a '16 Miramar from General in IL. I was happy overall with the deal and the prep work, not thrilled about their finance group so arranged my own. I have only a few minor issues, but would like to know how Thor addressed the ones you found. Thanks in advance. Hope it worked out.
JD11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:28 AM   #5

Smile Reply JD11

THOR was fabulous. Everything that didn't work, they replaced with brand new! Even all of my House batteries, even after they tested them and they read good, they replaced them anyway! Kim O'Brien was a complete pleasure to work with, she is the contact at THOR. If you want to e-mail me privately, I will give you her direct phone number? sbono3@ford.com
Old 01-11-2016, 06:16 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That is great to hear!

I was hoping - and in a way expecting - that to be the answer. I've heard good things about Thor's responsiveness to its customers. That was a factor in our decision.

My wife said a few ties during the process that she felt Thor was doing a great job understanding the features and layouts people really wanted.

All the best to you and your family!
JD11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:00 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Red face 2017 Miramar 34.3 w/ major slide issue

Just took delivery of Thor Miramar 34.3 June 8. This is our 3rd RV, but never had such a large slide and therefore took delivery with a slide that never worked right. After first weekend of camping, found slide was not retracting and extending fully (had to nurse it back and forth). After a day of talking with techs and the dealer - all decided that there was a problem with the slide and had to return to dealer for repairs. Service manager found that the slide likely has a roller issue - that was not set right when it left the facility. MOST IMPORTANT.... We found that Thor sold us a two track system in the Miramar 34.3 when we were supposed to have the 3Trax, which they clearly bost about in their brochure - to make us feel that the slide kinks have been worked out. Thor has since sent parts to the dealer to make into a 3Trax system. Now I have to look into the motors to make sure they are the 1/500 (not the 1/300). JURY IS STILL OUT TO SEE IF THINGS ARE MADE RIGHT BY THOR/DEALER......
laberj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:52 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
laberj45 - WOW. Please let us know how this goes. Hopefully your dealer is competent enough to get the slide upgraded and repaired correctly.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Yes... We're hoping too... Service manager seems pretty knowledgeable, but difficult for me to QC the work because of my lack a familiarity with these systems. Trying my best to research schwintek systems. But clearly a big factory screw-up for a 2017 - without the advertised 3Trax system. Now I am googling every system possible to try and figure out what the problem was - likely a roller issue at the bottom of the slide or perhaps a cutout issue??? Ugh..... BTW 2nd ACR Cav Scout 1989-1992.

laberj45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor