Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
2016 Four Winds Super-C 35SB Shakedown Trip results

We have about 20 things on our list. Most are easy fixes...or so we think. There are a few that I don't know enough about to even know what to do with

Here is the list...if anyone has any ideas let me know

Pics are coming to the new rig show off
  1. Driver camera losing connection
  2. Plug above dvd player not working, bottom one works, top one I can't get a plug in to.
  3. Door closing and trim issue, it is binding on something and got harder and harder to use.
  4. Battery button/switch in the coach is loose
  5. Door of exterior kitchen not closing or locking right, seems to be crooked
  6. All the locks are hard to operate
  7. Water leaking from clean out hose area
  8. Cant figure out how the cab curtain works I think we got one for a 2017, not 2016
  9. Passenger side camera loose
  10. Jack level doesn't always show on display
  11. Jack level shows error for right side jack
  12. Shower nozzle only dribbles
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2016, 12:01 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congrats again on the new Super C.

Our RV's don't share any bits, and the Super C's are really new...so no answers, but maybe a suggestion...
Since TMC uses all very common and available systems (no one-off mechanical or electrical functions), take each item as you find an issue and post a new thread with description of what it is doing or not doing in the specific forum here (Ford for the chassis, RV Systems for the electricals, etc.).

Include the brand name and model as possible.
Members here can take a stab better with specifics.

Of course being a 2016, the warranty is there for you if DIY doesn't work.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 05:41 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Feel your pain!!! We have had our 2016 Four Winds 35SD about a month. Seem to have new problems every day. Worst one is when filling fuel tank it "trickles" in and sometimes takes 45 minutes to get 20 gallon in. Tv's only work part of the time, panel that monitors tanks isn't working and when we opened large slide, a "pipe" under the stove jammed and came out into the room. Afraid to try and close slide for fear of doing more damage. All this after we were told unit was gone over and everything was good. This is a used unit with 9,000 miles. Can see why owner sold it. To top it off there were no books of any kind with the motor home. Dealership is slowly getting around to start working on the problems, but they are in New York and we are now in Texas. Slowly trying to get manuals on this unit. Anyone know where I can get an owners manual for this, not having much luck finding one and Thor is telling me they can't get me one...Thanks
patty223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:15 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Patty223,

Sorry for your troubles...another dealer failing the buyer
Time to call the factory...they should ship you the manual directly:
https://thormotorcoach.com/contact/

If my RV was new and I had problems, I would always communicate with the factory - Just to ensure the dealer was being honest about my case (which often they are not - warranty work is not paid at the retail rate).

These Super C's have an extended fuel filler pipe.
This pipe and the associated fuel vent tube MUST be straight and free of kinks.

In one case here, an owner found after a few trips the fuel filler vent line had drooped and was full of fuel. This prevented fuel from being able to freely flow into the tank at any quantity because air was rushing out of the tank thru the main pipe instead of the vent.

These fuel systems are sealed for emissions considerations, so there is no slack for fuel vapors to escape any other way.

I would check that as the cause...straight and free of turns...plus the smaller vent tube must be higher than the filler pipe and also straight and free of any kinks.

Hope that helps.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:46 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
Our dealer is on board to fix everything. Thor also contacted us to help with the jack issue. I fully expected at least 20 issues so I am not at all surprised.

I figured if I posted the items up on here and someone who went through the same thing had an easy fix it would save me time

Tags
four winds