Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2022, 06:33 PM   #1

2016 Thor Tuscany 45AT

It's been awhile since I've been here but I would like some input. We are considering a 2016 Thor Tuscany 45AT with 12,000 miles on it. We currently own a Winnebago and have owned Fleetwood and Rexhall in the past. I'm hoping that some of you will share what you think of the Thor product. Is it a quality product? Does it last? What issues have you had? This is a huge purchase for us and quite possibly our last coach and I just don't know that much about the product and I don't know where else to look. Anything you think would be helpful in making this decision would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
ronyrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2022, 06:33 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought my 2017 Tuscany 44MT new, and had the usual "new Coach issues" with regards to assembly issues and a few supplier-related failures.

If your prospective purchase has already gone through that phase, and the owner has good maintenance and repair records, then it could be a good coach.

After getting all of our issues resolved during the 1st year, the issues I've faced are all with regard to outside suppliers' issues such as the Carefree awnings.

This has been a good coach, and I don't regret purchasing it. I have learned to service much of it, except for the Aquahot for which I plan to get qualified this year. Get some Fumoto valves for the Cummins and GenSet and do your own oil and filter changes. And plz keep good records in case of issues!

Good luck!!
Old 02-16-2022, 01:33 PM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to sthibaul Send a message via AIM to sthibaul Send a message via Yahoo to sthibaul
We have had 2 45AT's, a 2015 and a 2016 - both purchased new.

The 2015 had 8,500 miles on it before trading for the 2016 which we moved into full time for 3 years and after 238 stops has 53,000 miles on it. We now spend 6-7 months travelling each year (skipped 2020).

Outside of the 1st year for both units I completed all maintenance and repairs (took them in for warranty repairs year 1). As danny mentioned earlier we too have experienced few supplier related issues.

The only major issue of mention is both units had seal problems where "exhaust soot" made its way into the rear bathroom/bedroom of the coach. Thor sealed them however we have talked with a number of 45AT customers and every one has had the issue. Since it is out of warranty now I would ask specifically if there were soot issues and if it was re-sealed after initial delivery.

We are very happy with ours, especially with the upper cabinet and lower bay storage space as well as the 60" TV, location of fireplace and desk it offers.

If you do end up purchasing I would be happy to provide some specific maintenance tips or share feedback as I can if you encounter issues.
sthibaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 12:23 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our shakedown trip from Elkhart, where we took delivery of the Coach, back to UT we faced the engine smells, in addition to the transfer switch repeatedly tripping and huge leaks from the shower.

Our UT dealer DP Pusher tech sealed the engine access panel in the rear bath, replaced the transfer switch, it failed again last summer in VT, and discovered the shower drain wasn't connected to the plumbing system to properly drain to the gray tank.

The transfer switch was a supplier issue, but the other two were assembly and QC issues in the plant.

Still, that big picture window in the lounge was/is worth it! This is a good coach.

Tags
thor, tuscany