Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2015, 07:14 PM   #1

2016 Thor Tuscany XTE

We just bought out 2016 thor tuscany 40bx and cannot find the display for the outside temperature . This is a definite must have when traveling over the mountain passes. Does anybody know how to display it?
Kushtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2015, 07:38 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with your search.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to the site!

Our '14 doesn't have an exterior thermometer and I doubt if the '15 or '16 year models have one either. I bought a indoor/outdoor thermometer and placed the outdoor sensor in one of the bays to get the temperature for outside the RV.

Be sure and check out Home.

Gary
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Welcome to the site!

Our '14 doesn't have an exterior thermometer and I doubt if the '15 or '16 year models have one either. I bought a indoor/outdoor thermometer and placed the outdoor sensor in one of the bays to get the temperature for outside the RV.

Be sure and check out Home.

Gary
Wow that's crazy! Seems like a simple necessity. Thanks, we will have to figure out an alternative way to do it as well.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #5

How about a compass?
Old 12-20-2015, 08:36 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No compass either. Unless you have a GPS and it may display your direction of travel.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #7

Carolina Campers
2016 Thor Tuscany XTE

Home Depot or Lowe's has outside thermometer's with remote sensors for about $20 to $30.

I have three of them. One for inside the coach, one for the water bay where you hook up the city water, one for the bay on the passenger side where the other end of the fresh water tank is.

I put in a pad beside my house for parking the RV, with a 50 amp shore power connection. When at home I can monitor the temperature for all the critical areas in my coach from inside the house. When on the road, I take the monitoring stations inside the RV and can track the temperature outside and/or in the bay's.

I keep small ceramic heaters in the water bay's that I keeps them at ~75 degrees on the lowest settings.

It has been a great set up for me to prevent any freezing issues while in use or in storage at the home base.

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:49 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushtraveler View Post
We just bought out 2016 thor tuscany 40bx and cannot find the display for the outside temperature . This is a definite must have when traveling over the mountain passes. Does anybody know how to display it?
Assuming it's on a Freightliner chassis (which I assume it is), I recall that at Camp Freightliner I heard that an outside temperature sensor can be added, and will read on your LBCU (LCD display on dash). I don't know where you would order from, but a call to FL should get you started.
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:28 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Is it possible outside temp is in your radio display like ours is
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor