Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2016, 07:37 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
2017 Thor Challanger YT owners out there ?

Anyone have one, there are a bunch of question i would like to ask.
Chief Alen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2016, 03:14 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The YT is an amazing floor plan. I just took a long walk through of one at an RV show on Friday.

The way the slide opens the bath is really awesome.

What questions did you have?
Could take a stab at it.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you for your reply, maybe one day you may have a boat mechanical question, i can repay your kindness.

Bathroom uniqueness, one of the reasons my wife fell in love with it online, but there is not one near us to view.

We have been to the show in Hershy pa what a zoo.

Could not view it, however we did view other Challenger models.

The awning, is it adjustable, meaning can we lower it after it is deployed completely out.

The shower did you happen to step into it, i am a rather portly fellow, need room.

Moving around in the MH front to back with the slides in ... easy to do ?

Any other impressions you have would be appreciated.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:49 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Alen View Post
Thank you for your reply, maybe one day you may have a boat mechanical question, i can repay your kindness...

The awning, is it adjustable, meaning can we lower it after it is deployed completely out.
-ANSWER : Yes, the awning is huge, 21.5' and it can be adjusted with hand knobs on each arm after it is deployed. It is not as adjustable as older manual styles, but better than no adjustment and is powered.

The shower did you happen to step into it, i am a rather portly fellow, need room.
-ANSWER: Yes, after seeing that the shower is blocked by the slide (washer/dryer cabinet) when retracted, stepped-in. It seemed to be rather generous (36"x30") and is TMC's standard seamless shower surround...easy to keep clean.

Moving around in the MH front to back with the slides in ... easy to do ?
-ANSWER: The living area (space between dinette and sofa) and kitchen area is a 1 person aisle. The toilet and sinks are accessable but the rear bath door, washer/dryer cabinet, and shower are blocked. The bed is accessible from the front, but walk-around is lost. Bedroom door is 2 piece slider, so can be closed fully with or without slide deployment.

Any other impressions you have would be appreciated.
-With the slides out, it was HUGE inside. Really like a Diesel coach for interior space and has massive bin space.
-Rotating the front seats to face the rear is less likely because the J sofa is so close on the left, and the passenger seat would face the entry stairwell drop...so most would probably just set-up the front coffee table to use the front seats like a bistro table.
-Has the best 252" wheelbase, so rear overhang is not bad.

-I did not see the optional theater seating...would prefer the J sofa, but that a personal thing.
Chief

Yes...can comment some...inserted above.

Thanks for the boat advice offer. It's my baby (Wellcraft Excel 260). 30' LOA is just basically a small camper that floats.

Hope this helps.
Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:39 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you once again for your very thoughtful reply.

We travel with mostly ourselves and 2 dogs. Sonya the hot dog, dog we have close to 10 years, bought bye my good friends daughter on a trip to Poland; brought over without her parents consent, they already had 2 small dogs.

She was hard to house train, was given away a few times and returned, one day he calls me and says " that little ( can't use the words here ) is on the way to the pound, she likes you has not bitten you, and comes to you when you call her ... want her ? " ten years latter, she has a few teeth left but still going strong and loves the RV lifestyle as myself and my darling do.

Big blue named after the Giants football team, whoem DW the season ticket owner and fanatic named him. I am a baseball guy. Yea i go to a game or 2 but mostly our 2 sons take turns going with her to home games.

Blue for short was also a rescue dog, came up from South Carolina, we were searching for a larger dog for quite a while, when we adopted him it was on DW and younger daughter birthday, Sept. was a year, he was in very bad shape, a bag of bones, shy beyond belief.

He came a long way loves the RV lifestyle, countless brands of dog food till i found the one for him, expensive but worth it he is finally healthy.

That was the reason for the pass thru with the slides in question. The mongrels are moving back and forth.

The placement of the dinette on the curb side opposite the couch is a big plus. We wanted a dinette in that position, because we want to look out ether window, above the couch, and yes the L-shaped couch is what also did it for DW.

If we do purchase the YT a small tv will be mounted above the dinette facing the kitchen mirroring whatever channel is on the big tv. Can't allow DW to miss a game, while she is whipping me up one of her specials, yea !

Tags
thor