Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2018, 06:58 AM   #1

2018 Thor Vegas 24.1

Hello Thor owners.. After 3 years of research and dealing with a very deceptive dealer for another brand, we ended up by purchasing the Vegas as our stater Motorhome. If it turns out we love it, in a few years before we retire we will purchase a bigger one. For now it’s going to be used on weekends and 10 days in January to escape the cold weather.

I would love to hear from other Vegas owners and share your experience with the coach. Most importantly how would we level it since it does not have leveling jacks.

Also, we are considering adding the sumo shocks and safe-t plus.

What modifications if any have you done? Any regrets with the purchase?

Thanks

Sylvia
ohau8622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #2

I wish you had received some replies as we are looking at this same model in a 2019 for our first RV.
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #3

Just picked up a 2017 Axis 25.2 ( Same thing as a Vegas )

I bought it used, but it seems to have replacement anti sway bars, fount and rear. They have gray metalic paint on them. I believe Ford would use black paint. They kept it tracking straight down the road, even with big rigs flying by. We had one day of high winds and it kept me busy but handled it well.

It also has what look like sumo springs in the front but I may take them out. The front seems a bit over-reactive and stiff on dips and bumps. My old class C, on the same E450 chassis rode better.
Once I get somewhere for more then a few days, I'll pick up the stock bump stops and swap out the sumos on the front axle. If it rides better, I'll leave them out.

Everything works as it should inside. The dump valve setup is pretty low to the ground, needing to kneel down to connect the hose. I have fake knees and kneeling isn't comfortable so I installed a masserator pump and now dump with a 3/4" hose.

After 5 years with my old 245 HP, V10 and 4 speed, I find this 305 HP V10 with the 6 speed transmission a great setup.

I've got 700 miles, so far, heading down the east coast. I run it in Tow/Haul in anything but bumper to bumper traffic and it is great.

We are loaded for 6 months of travel and tow 4000 lbs of car and dolly. It hasn't lacked power coming from Central NY, thru PA to Long Island, and down to DC.

I set the cruise control at 62 or 63 MPH and it just maintains it. It downshifts gears on the way up, with out searching for the right one and then downshift automaticly, going down, to keep from getting too fast.

The only other change I may make is to get it checked and add some caster to the front. Going down the straight highway it seems a little loose. Not bad at all but like a rut in the lane type of movement.

The Axis/Vegas E450 seems to have a better ride then the F53 class A chassis, with more room then the class C motorhome.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #4

Thank you, Twinboat! Happy and Safe Travels!!
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, thor