RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #1

2019 Thor Tuscany

We are looking at a 2019 Thor Tuscany, but I am concerned about the reputation (quality) of Thor. Any owners of a 2018 Thor or newer out there that can share there experience?

Thanks

jgperegrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2020, 06:05 PM   #2

I didnít have a 18 Thor Tuscany but a 13 Thor Tuscany...

I could write a book about the piece of junk that was..

Buy a entegra.. save yourself a lot of headache

lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:26 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I bought a 2018 Thor Hurricane brand new from CW in the panhandle of FL and was very unhappy with the unit. First we were rushed out the door the day of purchase and didn't test the hot water - we were assured that it all works. This was my first Class A. The next morning, my water heater blew, the wiring harness melted and had to order the part - took 4 weeks to get it. Our punch list was 30 items deep, and the 6 months we owned the unit it was in the shop 5 months. I traded it while it was in the shop being repaired by CW. I won't drag out the CW aspect, but combined with Thor it was a disaster for us.
Chief55m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:44 PM   #4

I have a 2019 Thor Miramar which I assume would be similar construction quality to yours. I bought mine new for 40% off MSRP which was an excellent price point for similar coaches I looked at. This is my first class A so there may be higher quality coaches out there. I am very happy with my purchase. I do have one lingering item that the dealer has been unable to fix after 6 trips to the dealer, the black tank sensor system is broken.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperegrine View Post
We are looking at a 2019 Thor Tuscany, but I am concerned about the reputation (quality) of Thor. Any owners of a 2018 Thor or newer out there that can share there experience?

Thanks
I have a 2016 Tuscany and like all the different brands there are some things that needed fixed.

for the money the coach is as nice as the 500-750 range retail out there if not nicer than many and fully loaded as you already know

Thor manufactures a lot of coaches and like all the other makers some things slide through, it is just the nature of the RV industry and likely to stay that way

Dig a little deeper and you will find that all the coaches go back for repairs the owners just dont go public with it as much

I have had mine in for after market work in large shops and more SOB's in there getting fixed than Thors
Milford 47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:51 AM   #6

I have a 2017 Venetian close relative to a Tuscany. If I was looking for a new coach and it met my needs the word Thor on the side would not stop me from buying it. BTW we have been full timing in the coach since July while we wait for our new brick and mortar home to be built and the coach is more than comfortable and has been pretty much trouble free.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:43 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2018 Thor Tuscany 45AT

Keenly aware that you are specifically looking for responses relative to the Thor Tuscany Iíd like to give you a little more information regarding our experiences with motorhomes in general.
We retired in 2000 and since that time we have purchased 5 motorhomes. Our first was a Fleetwood Flair, 30 ft, no slides, gas chassis. Decided, yes we do enjoy the travels in a motorhome. Not one problem with the Flair but remembering that there was not much to break and need repair. Next came a Winnebago Suncruiser, still gas and 2 slides. The additional room being 5í longer and 2 slides was amazing butÖ First trip plugging into 50 amp service resulted in multiple fires at every GFCI outlet as everything was being fed by 220 volts. After replacing multiple outlets, pieces of equipment, TVs, Microwave, etc then just to find out they didnít resolve the problem the same thing happened again when plugged in 50 AMP. Turns out there was a wiring error that fed 220 to everything. Once resolved we had no more problems with the coach. We decided to go back to Fleetwood and subsequently purchased a Providence, no problems, and our first diesel coach by the way. We fell in love with an American Coach Revolution in 2011 and enjoyed many years with it until DEF problems reared its ugly head and after breaking down 3 times in as many years and being towed up to 130 miles we decided the Revolution had to go! Finally on the the ThorÖ I was cursing thru dealers and happened on a 2018 Thour Tuscany 45AT. We were able to go take a look at it and with only 6,000 miles and the window stickers on the windows since new we decided to make the purchase. Now the comparisonÖ The AT is a very nice layout, and well appointed. We did our usual traveling to Fl for the winter, only to curtail the trip due to Covid but we really enjoyed the 2 months we had with the coach. Now to the problems and observations. Just prior to leaving I noticed the lack of pickup and called our local Cummins repair who knew me well what with the multiple problems with the Revolution. Turned out to be the turbo, as I stated with only ~6000 miles on the chassis. It, along with other components were replaced under warranty and has been running fine since. Next problem was with the High Pointe induction cooktop. One of the burners went out with a fan problem. Since I couldnít purchase the replacement part I needed to repair it we just replaced it with another brand. I would just like to note that the 2 problems we have had in no way reflect to Thor as a manufacturer of poor products. Now when it comes to a direct comparison to our American Coach the jury is still out as to the quality comparisons. There are features in the Thor that still are not in the American Coach line but from a sheer manufacturing standpoint I would rate the quality of the Thor slightly under the AC Rev. Of course were are also talking a sizable increase in cost! So, is the cost worth the difference, we donít think so, and are we wondering if we made a wrong choice with Thor, once again donít think so but check back with me in a couple years.
I know my rambling has been a long winded response but but if nothing else it should point out that ALL manufacturers and everyone runs into problems no matter the cost level. And so far we are pleased with the Thor Tuscany.

Ron K.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperegrine View Post

Thanks
We will be looking at the Thor Tuscany as the standard to compare features and value with in about 5 years when it is time to upgrade our 2016 42GX

The Tuscany 42GX was the absolute perfect floor plan for us and would have paid more but luckily paid less

5 years later would do it again in a heart beat
Hopefully someone with a newer unit can give you a good report as well
Milford 47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:38 AM   #9

Our T42 has the same floorplan as the 42GX mentioned earlier. The only issue with this floorplan is that Thor stopped making it. I'm attaching a link to a thread I started when we first bought the Venetian. It should provide an insight into anyone considering a Thor Diesel.
Yes I would but another one.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/201...ce-362546.html

z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor, tuscany