RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2020, 04:27 PM   #1

2020 Thor Challenger questions

Hello all:

Question 1:

I have a 2020 Thor Challenger. There is a Wineguard mounted on the roof. Does anyone know where the switch is mounted to turn it on? I haven't found it yet.

Question 2:

I bought the new Rhino Flex sewer hoses for my bathrooms. I have a horrible time taking off the black cap inside the basements. Once I get those off I am able to connect the RhinoFlex to the black pvc pipe. After dumping the tanks and flushing it is impossible for me to get the RhinoFlex off! It is very difficult to grip the tabs on the end of the Flex hose and the black and gray handles are extremely close to the pvc black tank opening. Does anyone know of a tool that can help me remove the RhinoFlex? I'm really not the sissy type and I hate having to be the damsel in distress. So I need to great minds and experience.

Thank you all!

JoAnn
Etowah, NC

PokeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2020, 07:26 AM   #2

What model Challenger do you have?

My switch is located in the same overhead cabinet as the HDMI switcher and blueray DVD player. On the left side wall of the cabinet there is a brown wallplate with a screw in connector on it. Just on the other side of that connector and on that wallplate there is a push type switch. It controls your cable connection or your roof top antenna.

I have the same problem with the location of the black tank connector. No solution yet.

Old 06-01-2020, 07:48 AM   #3

We have the 37FH model,when you find that button and push it a red light should come on and if you connect to cable push that button again so red light goes off. Several options, you can add a clear 45degree elbow then 8inch extension that puts it below the compartment floor then connect rhino hose. Also I use the 45 elbow then connect my therefore titan hose which has a much longer fitting easier to twist. Also put 45 on then connect the rhino to the 8inch extension before you connect it to the 45,and remember the black pipe the your connecting to does swivel up and down for perfect alignment with hole in bottom of compartment. And finally don't worry about the black cap, the valve shouldn't leak so I put the cap on and twist on semi tight don't stress it'll stay on until next stop.
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:38 PM   #4

2020 challenger fh

Thank you very much for the help!!
Old 06-03-2020, 05:59 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Maybe this would help.

Camco Rhinoflex RV Sewer Fitting Wrench Set- Helps You Grip and Loosen or Tighten Swivel Fittings with Ease!| Lightweight and Durable Design |Includes Two Wrenches - (39758) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OJHPQSQ..._UKd2EbJ1P2DVR
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:17 AM   #6

Thank you. I just found those. They should help a lot!

Tags
thor