Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Triplewide,

Thor Battery Control Center Recall » RV Supply Center :: Hesperia, CA

It appears a series of this recall has been corrected.

Can you recall if fridge is gas & 12V or just 12V off battery?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2015, 05:35 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubtym View Post
Triplewide,

Thor Battery Control Center Recall » RV Supply Center :: Hesperia, CA

It appears a series of this recall has been corrected.

Can you recall if fridge is gas & 12V or just 12V off battery?

I recall it is dual, but not sure. Maybe gas and 12v. Can't find anything on Thor website.
triplewide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Thought for sure info would be here on this thread.

I suggest a thorough test drive on your coach before giving final payment signature. Check for front suspension noises as per some of the other Thor A.C.E posts on thes Thor Class A threads.
Noises? This is new to me.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:05 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Noises & shocks

Different series of Thor line. But sometimes assembly guys are consistent with created problem in coaches.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/ratt...nt-213339.html
Old 03-22-2015, 07:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
Noises? This is new to me.
X2- Pallazo issue, Not ACE
Ted
Old 03-22-2015, 07:48 AM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Common coach problems.

Yes, see my post #18.

Check out the series of recalls on Thor line for BCC. (post #16)

As a previous Winnebago owner, I saw common problems across their series of products.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:23 PM   #21

Ace 29.3

Guess we should start a club for everyone who bought an ACE 29.3 at the Tampa Rv show on Saturday. I also ordered one without the outside kitchen or TV, it was supposed to come off line on the 20th but have heard nothing about delivery. I hope to have as much luck with this one as I had with my Sunseeker class C, after getting the bugs worked out in the first couple of months it was a good rig, we just wanted something a little bigger. I must admit after reading some of the comments about Thor quality I wonder if I did enough research, I guess we'll see. I hope we can keep in touch to compare notes. Good luck. Ed D.
Six Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Club United Effort

I agree. If we work together, we can Identify all/any common issues...which there will be some, and work meaningful and effective solutions.

On the Winnebago forum for six years, I worked HWH jack, jack springs, battery isolation relays, and under floor A/C issues. Together there, we came up with time and dollar saving good solutions.

I did research and I still believe it is a good choice. However as you say, there will be a few bugs to swat in the next few months.

So, as issues arise with our 29.3s, lets all post them here for common solutions. It's better than going to bat for warranty fixes together than fist fighting alone like the Lone Ranger.

That'll work for all.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
we have the 2013 29.2...nothing but headaches with the slide....we had issues the first week with the slide and then twice in the first year.....all repaired by CW. The second year (July 2014) the slide went out on a 45 degree angle....we were in Cody Wyoming not close to a CW so we had a local repair shop do the fix with Thor's good will gesture which ended up costing us $800...we purchase the five year warranty from CW....the first year runs consecutively with the first year of Thor's warranty so the first year is a joke....beware and use the unit the first year because you are basically on your own after that!!!
Old 03-22-2015, 01:40 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
before the end of the first year we had the macerator replaced twice...the front curtains replaced (curtain hooks rusted because of the condensation under the over cab....doesn't happen when the curtains are open....we also had the element inside the refrig replaced because it rusted....and the wonderful radio... JENSEN simply died...along with the water pump...got to be it was easier for us to just fix/replace this items than go through the hassle with CW and Thor...I really do not think Thor gives a care about customer issues.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Hopefully Thor has improved some of those 2013 EVO 29.2 items on this new series model 2015 EVO 29.3.

I hear you about customer care. To find a Winnebago authorized repair shop on the road was a nightmare too. Then it was wait, wait, wait, wait for the parts to be shipped from Winnebago. I was lucky. I lived within 80 miles of the factory. So I made numerous trips to factory for the repairs. The quality of the low wage inexperienced Winnebago authorized repair shop techs was brutal on getting the correct fix.

As per my post #6, and on the Winnebago forum for six years, I worked HWH jack, jack springs, battery isolation relays, and under floor A/C issues. Together there, we came up with time and dollar saving good solutions.

Let's face it, it is a motor home that moves, twists, vibrates, and bounces. All of that action is brutal on all coach components.

I flew various military helicopters for 22 years. The #1 cancer to maintaining an operational machine was to constantly work on minimizing vibrations.

On the coach, buy the best shocks available early...don't wait for 4-5 years. Buy top of the line tires. Use nitrogen at the correct tire pressure.
Buy dynamic wheel balancers. Tire Balance and Wheel Balancing from Centramatic before 5000 miles and install on all wheels and wheeled axles. Stay off very rough roads as much as possible.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:05 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Pack View Post
Guess we should start a club for everyone who bought an ACE 29.3 at the Tampa Rv show on Saturday. I also ordered one without the outside kitchen or TV, it was supposed to come off line on the 20th but have heard nothing about delivery. I hope to have as much luck with this one as I had with my Sunseeker class C, after getting the bugs worked out in the first couple of months it was a good rig, we just wanted something a little bigger. I must admit after reading some of the comments about Thor quality I wonder if I did enough research, I guess we'll see. I hope we can keep in touch to compare notes. Good luck. Ed D.

Staying connected via irv2 sounds like a good idea.

I assume you purchased through CW also. I too have not heard a word from CW. Only info I have received on mine is from Thor.

I spent the last 20 years in single family modular housing. We learned that customer confidence and satisfaction was based on good communication. No matter what problems were encountered during the process, most customers were happy if they new we would keep them informed and stand behind our product. I suspect CW has not come to this realization yet.

On the other hand, I did buy the motor home based on it having the most features at the lowest price. CW sold to me at a great price. So I can deal with a little mystery.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:44 AM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Thumbs up

Letter writing to Corporate level always helps. Here's a link to Corporate Camping World. I suggest mail a hard copy letter to the selected individuals and give your complaints about Tampa CW customer service on your purchase. Stick to the complaint issue of poor customer service.
Marcus Lemonis | Camping World, Inc. | Email CEO @campingworld.com CFO

I'll research corporate HQ CEO staff at Thor and provide a link if available. That link will be the target for any 29.3 defects warranty issues we discover.

Today I hope to provide my opinion of the #2 cancer for Motor Homes. And, I do have #3 cancer too. That'll be later in week.

Onward together in the fist fights!
Old 03-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Letter writing to Corporate level always helps. Here's a link to Corporate Camping World. I suggest mail a hard copy letter to the selected individuals and give your complaints about Tampa CW customer service on your purchase. Stick to the complaint issue of poor customer service.
Marcus Lemonis | Camping World, Inc. | Email CEO @campingworld.com CFO

I'll research corporate HQ CEO staff at Thor and provide a link if available. That link will be the target for any 29.3 defects warranty issues we discover.

Today I hope to provide my opinion of the #2 cancer for Motor Homes. And, I do have #3 cancer too. That'll be later in week.

Onward together in the fist fights!

CW Tampa must have ESP or they read your post.
Got a call from Tampa today, we will pick up our unit in Tampa April 1st.
April Fools Day, I wonder if that is significant?