Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2015, 02:31 PM   #57

Here is the feature matrix for 2015:

Features ACE Motorhomes: Class A & Class C Hybrid RV by Thor Motor Coach

Do not see anything about a DVD. We are looking at the 30.1.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2015, 03:40 PM   #58

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Here is the feature matrix for 2015:

Features ACE Motorhomes: Class A & Class C Hybrid RV by Thor Motor Coach

Do not see anything about a DVD. We are looking at the 30.1.
The DVD was listed on the option list that the dealer had. I didn't really care but a lot of people would.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #59

Thank you

Thanks everyone for your input and info.

triplewide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:48 PM   #60

Thor Owners Club
RV Power Regulators/Autoformers

Something for all to consider.

I have been using a Powermaster VC-30 (30amp) for 6 years. I'll use it in my new Thor 29.3. It has worked flawless in all campgrounds with high voltage demand from other campers. This happens when all coaches are using A/Cs and portable electric heaters or heat pump units. Without an interior voltmeter, your knowledge of a damaging low voltage can exist. Severe damage can occur to all your coach (non chassis)electronics. Basically, as volts decrease from the AC current 115 volt standard, the amp draw to the components increases and the circuit boards begin to heat up. Excessive heat on the motherboards of the coach electrical components can be fatal to the component and a costly replacement is evident.

It appears the Powermaster VC-30 and VC-50 are no longer available. The links below provide two of the autoformers available.

30 Amp RV Voltage Regulator - TRC 10176 - Surge Protectors - Camping World

https://hughesautoformers.com/
Old 03-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #61

Thor Owners Club
I have used the same EMS in all my coaches since 2002, the exact same one. I move it from coach to coach it is so important. Mine is a progressive industries. It has saved me many a time and I would not plug my coach in till it is installed. It prevents all the normal stuff like reverse polarity open ground high/low voltage and more. It actually **** the power off to a fifth wheel we had that flooded. It sacrificed itself and when I called Progressive they said send it in and they rebuilt it for free! They have always done that and it is in their guarantee. Can't go wrong with that. The RV compaines could learn a lesson!

http://www.progressiveindustries.net
Old 03-26-2015, 07:01 PM   #62

Thor Owners Club
By the way Pubtym, thank you a millions times sir for you service to our country!
Old 03-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #63

Thor Owners Club
EMS an Autoformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightab View Post
I have used the same EMS in all my coaches since 2002, the exact same one. I move it from coach to coach it is so important. Mine is a progressive industries. It has saved me many a time and I would not plug my coach in till it is installed. It prevents all the normal stuff like reverse polarity open ground high/low voltage and more. It actually **** the power off to a fifth wheel we had that flooded. It sacrificed itself and when I called Progressive they said send it in and they rebuilt it for free! They have always done that and it is in their guarantee. Can't go wrong with that. The RV compaines could learn a lesson!

http://www.progressiveindustries.net
I have the same Progressive EMS and have used it for 7 years. Again, I'll use it in my new Thor. It caught bad power stations in campgrounds several times."Normal stuff like reverse polarity open ground high/low voltage and more." I use it inline(series) before my Powermaster VC-30. The EMS screens the inbound current for nasties and the autoformer boosts and controls voltage shortfalls.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:31 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightab View Post
The DVD was listed on the option list that the dealer had. I didn't really care but a lot of people would.
My 29.2 did come with a bedroom T.V. built in DVD player (combo) on a swing arm with 2 adjustable elbows to clear the door. Works great.
Ted
Old 03-27-2015, 09:36 AM   #65

Thor Owners Club
Found a good place to put pvc pipe for hose.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:26 PM   #66

Thor Owners Club
OK. I give up. Where is this place? Do you cap it too?
Old 03-27-2015, 05:32 PM   #67

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubtym View Post
OK. I give up. Where is this place? Do you cap it too?
Lol, I just noticed that there is a clear space from side to side over the rear wheels begging for a job. I won't cap that end I will put a pin through it to keep from coming out.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:14 PM   #68

Thor Owners Club
Hose Tube

Thanks. Good idea.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:04 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubtym View Post
It appears the Powermaster VC-30 and VC-50 are no longer available. The links below provide two of the autoformers available.

30 Amp RV Voltage Regulator - TRC 10176 - Surge Protectors - Camping World
Excuse my naivety, but how does this plug in?
I assume one would not leave it outside= stolen.

It states it needs to be in a well ventilated compartment though. All my compartments except for the propane and battery are sealed when closed.
I'd assume one wouldn't place it inside the house like under the bed.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #70

Thor Owners Club
Good Qestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
Excuse my naivety, but how does this plug in?
I assume one would not leave it outside= stolen.

It states it needs to be in a well ventilated compartment though. All my compartments except for the propane and battery are sealed when closed.
I'd assume one wouldn't place it inside the house like under the bed.
Placing it on the inside is an option.

However,it plugs directly into the 30 amp outlet on the outside campground power docking station. For security, I use a short chain with personal lock, or bicycle combination lock cable. Then secure it to the power docking station in a way that sticky fingers don't steal it. Either of the two legs or handles on the surge protector look OK for a security device.. It's "rain tight". So that would not be a concern. If you are parked in a spot that might accumulate a large 2-3 inch deep puddle during a heavy rain, I would place it on a portable plastic jack pad or two that raises it up above the potential worse case rain puddle scenario.

On another theft subject, gasoline theft from coach. I place a biohazard
waste decal labeled "Sewer" on the inside/backside of my gas cap swinging door. Don't think a thief would want to try a siphon on it. Have not found one in Spanish yet.