Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2015, 07:34 AM   #85

Thor Owners Club
Advertising malware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
I think that if the site was set up to distribute a virus or trojan we would all be fighting it. Yoiu seem to be the only one with a problem. When I looked at a web search it indicates KNCTR is part of a tool bar. That would tell me you downloaded it as part of something else not just reading the site or advertising.

FWIW I think the way to avoid the advertising is to join the site and make a donation. That would be like several others I am aware of. Somebody has to pay the bills so they give folks a choice of donating or seeing the advertising. At least there is a choice. ;-)
I suggest a reread of Dregol :

"The Dregol belongs to the browser hijacker family. Generally, most of the search engines are genuine and not harmful, but browser hijackers are mostly aimed at generating advertising revenues. The objective of the malicious code is to make users click on displayed ads so its owner earns a fee for every click. On the web you can find various reports that the Dregol changes browser configurations, installs a toolbar without user’s permission and prevents easy removal from the system. It’s all part of the plan to secure the advertising earnings for the search engine."

Advertisers do contribute/earn funds from ads and IRV2 earns from approved advertisers. That's evident by link on website here to request advertising on IRV2.

I joined this website May 2006 and it's forums many years ago. I have directly contributed to many issues on the Winnebago forum. I contribute to RV solutions for members so members will revisit this site and contribute monetarily. 764 posts to date.

I have blocked all advertising on this site with an ad blocker.

I no longer have malware issues on my CPU.

Enough said.

End of subject.

On to working solutions on this thread rather than debating Advertising malware.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2015, 07:56 AM   #86

Forest River Owners Club
You can try ComboFix, but I usually only recommend it to people who know a lot about PCs. It's probably what the PC shop will use.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:13 AM   #87

I am quite aware of what browser hijackers are. I routinely remove them for friends. I already said the rest.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:00 PM   #88

Thor Owners Club
Thumbs up Tire and wheel balancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubtym View Post
Hopefully Thor has improved some of those 2013 EVO 29.2 items on this new series model 2015 EVO 29.3.

I hear you about customer care. To find a Winnebago authorized repair shop on the road was a nightmare too. Then it was wait, wait, wait, wait for the parts to be shipped from Winnebago. I was lucky. I lived within 80 miles of the factory. So I made numerous trips to factory for the repairs. The quality of the low wage inexperienced Winnebago authorized repair shop techs was brutal on getting the correct fix.

As per my post #6, and on the Winnebago forum for six years, I worked HWH jack, jack springs, battery isolation relays, and under floor A/C issues. Together there, we came up with time and dollar saving good solutions.

Let's face it, it is a motor home that moves, twists, vibrates, and bounces. All of that action is brutal on all coach components.

I flew various military helicopters for 22 years. The #1 cancer to maintaining an operational machine was to constantly work on minimizing vibrations.

On the coach, buy the best shocks available early...don't wait for 4-5 years. Buy top of the line tires. Use nitrogen at the correct tire pressure.
Buy dynamic wheel balancers. Tire Balance and Wheel Balancing from Centramatic before 5000 miles and install on all wheels and wheeled axles. Stay off very rough roads as much as possible.
In this post I gave my opinion of the #1 cancer to maintaining an operational machine was to constantly work on minimizing vibrations.
I added Buy dynamic wheel balancers. Tire Balance and Wheel Balancing from Centramatic before 5000 miles and install on all wheels and wheeled axles.

I have used these on my Winnebago for about 50,000 miles. I purchased some new ones for my new Thor 29.3. Below is an excellent video on how they work.

http://www.centramatic.com/videos.rhtml

Here are the steer and drive sets I purchased. I referenced the Ford Motorhome Chassis Manual to confirm the size and wheel holes.

http://www.centramatic.com/wheel-balancer.rhtml?modelNumber=600-619

http://www.centramatic.com/wheel-balancer.rhtml?modelNumber=600-620
Old 04-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #89

Thor Owners Club
Pubtym, does it take one per wheel in the back or one per pair of tires?
Old 04-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #90

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightab View Post
Pubtym, does it take one per wheel in the back or one per pair of tires?
One balancer ring per each dual wheel set on the rear axle. Their is one balancer ring for each side. Each balancer ring mounts between each dual tire and wheel. Installer only has to pull the outside tire-wheel on each side. Then ring is slipped on the middle of each rim along the inside wheel rim.

The drive (rear) wheel set above is two balancer rings.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #91

Took delivery yesterday

Picked up our 29.3 in Tampa yesterday.

Started process at 9:00 AM and were finished about 1:30 PM.

Coach was ready to go when we arrived and the PDI went with out a hitch.
Camping World staff was excellent to work with.

I checked all the items I had listed from comments made in this forum. Looks like Thor or CW read them also. I did not find any of these items. Shocks included. One screen was loose on a window.
Gas tank and water tank showed full, everything worked.

We could not have been more pleased.

We headed home for Greensboro, spent the night at a Walmart near Jacksonville, FL.

Traffic was murder, and it was white knuckles all the way for me, getting used to the handling of the unit.

We finished up today and are in Greensboro now. Today the drive was much more relaxed for me. I will probably look into some handling upgrades in hopes of my wife being comfortable at the wheel.

Definitely going to install the wheel balancers Pubtym suggested. Wheels start bouncing between 67 and 72 MPH. Smooth out about 75-80.

"Push"from big rigs and wind is similar but a little stronger than the Journey DP I used to have.

Bedroom slide door did jump the track on a rough sharp "s" curve in a construction zone. Re set it easily, but needs a clamp as mentioned by Knightab. Pantry did well, seems to have strong latch on it now.

Some data you might find usefull:

Refer is a/c and propane, no 12 volt DC

Weights at CAT Certified scales:
Steer axle: 5,780 lbs
Drive axle: 9,740 lbs
Gross weight: 15,520 lbs

Propane full
Fresh water full
Holding empty
Gasoline full
100 lbs baggage
1 skinny wife (she reads this forum)

Gas mileage:

First leg of trip: 266 miles, 2 hrs of stop and go traffic, dash a/c on, remainder 65-75mph, 11.5 hours of generator, 6.0 miles per gallon. remove 6 gallons for gen consumption = 7.0 MPG. Assumes completely full tank from dealer.

Outside temp 88 degrees, dash a/c kept us comfortable with out being on "max"

Second leg of trip: 290 miles, medium traffic, interstate, some rolling hills no dash a/c, no generator. 60-80 MPH, 11.1 MPG !!

My thoughts so far...Great buy!!... with some upgrades to handling we will be very happy.
triplewide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #92

Thor Owners Club
Sounds like an awesome couple of days for you triple wide! Glad things went well. I love the coach, camping world not so much for us. I was just at odds with them today as my 30 day tag ran out and I still don't have my title :-/ they finally admitted they have it there and would overnight it to me. Tomorrow will tell
Old 04-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #93

Thor Owners Club
Great news Triple Wide. Glad all went so well!

I took delivery today. Walked in CW and knew immediately I was going have a interesting experience. I saw my picture on the lounge dartboard with a few well placed darts. The cat's out of the bag on Pubtym. Hmmmmmm. More about my PDI in another post.

Just got home and pretty tired. Long day with all.

Tomorrow, I'll start my PPDI (go figure).

First item will be to continue my treasure hunt for coach things I can't remember I was told.

One item is the ladder for the over cab bunk.
Someone please give me a hint.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2015, 02:03 AM   #94

bunk ladder

Quote:
Great news Triple Wide. Glad all went so well!

I took delivery today. Walked in CW and knew immediately I was going have a interesting experience. I saw my picture on the lounge dartboard with a few well placed darts. The cat's out of the bag on Pubtym. Hmmmmmm. More about my PDI in another post.

Just got home and pretty tired. Long day with all.

Tomorrow, I'll start my PPDI (go figure).

First item will be to continue my treasure hunt for coach things I can't remember I was told.

Thanks
We are starting the learning process also. I have not found a ladder yet and did not ask at the PDI.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:08 AM   #95

Tags and Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightab View Post
Sounds like an awesome couple of days for you triple wide! Glad things went well. I love the coach, camping world not so much for us. I was just at odds with them today as my 30 day tag ran out and I still don't have my title :-/ they finally admitted they have it there and would overnight it to me. Tomorrow will tell
Maybe when we are out of sight we are also out of mind with Camping World.

We were issued a temp plate from Florida, I have to register and tag in North Carolina. Bet that will be fun, love working with the DMV!
Old 04-03-2015, 03:24 AM   #96

Thor Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks
lol, yeah about that :-/. There is no ladder. Lol. You have to climb up on that little ledge behind the drivers seat. Probably cause it is most likely designed for kids.

Glad things went well and you got you baby home! Exciting day for you guys!
Old 04-03-2015, 04:07 AM   #97

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplewide View Post
Maybe when we are out of sight we are also out of mind with Camping World.

We were issued a temp plate from Florida, I have to register and tag in North Carolina. Bet that will be fun, love working with the DMV!
I am in Ohio and bought in Indiana. New titles are suppose to be issued to the state you reside in so I don't think we will have a problem with the titles (you and I) what concerns me right now is if the sales tax is credited correctly and they don't try to hit me up for it when it has been paid.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:53 AM   #98

Thor Owners Club
Thumbs down Tail Wag/Roll

First required upgrade for me. After a 90 mile drive home on interstate with slight winds and uneven lanes from construction, the tail wag/roll is considerable and steering can be a challenge to stay in lane and off the right road apron. I had this item on my 35 foot Winnebago. It correctly solved this issue. I'll buy this again and have installed before extended trip. The needed kit is for a 18K chassis.
Blue Ox TT2400 TigerTrak Ford F-53 Chassis 14K/16K/18K Rear Axle