Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #295

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Meet with our Tech this morning and Thor had not sent the transcooler with the other waranty repair items and we decided not to call and ask for it based on mt Tech's advise and based on results from other members. Now Moonshine94 validates our decision with his response from Onan. Waiting to hear from LisaW and the Onan rep sent to Tucson Lasydays.
Home base Phoenix Az
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #296

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sent you a PM Moon.

I also spoke with Thor legal department today. Have kind of crossed the point where I am tired of getting the run around. The person whom I spoke with was very nice and fairly accommodating, however, just don't think Thor is going to take this issue seriously until the have to deal with a law suit.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
however, just don't think Thor is going to take this issue seriously until the have to deal with a law suit.
Unfortunately, I think you're correct. Responded to your PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #298

Moonshine94 - sent you a PM. Thanks.

Well, we had scheduled a big trip from Sierra Vista (SE of Tucson) to Dallas this summer, and another trip from Sierra Vista to San Francisco this summer. Now I'll be doing the first one alone, and the DP will be doing the second alone. Thor needs to own up to this problem and get it fixed.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #299

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Did the rep from Onan show up in Tucson?
Home base Phoenix Az
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #300

Judy, not that we have heard. Will post when we hear something. I did email our service rep with the info from Onan that Moonshine posted today.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #301

Ran the generator for 18 hours straight without any issues!

Started at the house in 95 degree heat. Ran there for 2 hours to cool the cabin down. Then we headed out for Ohio. It was in the afternoon before the rain came. Got about an hour down the road without any issues.

Then the rain came and cooled everything off. Temps dropped into the 80's.

So far, no problems.

I will hope for extreme heat on the way home and report back.
sanfordturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #302

Fleetwood Owners Club
Did a conference call today with Jim Crosley of Thor. I do not remember his title, but he gave me the impression he has the authority and stroke to get stuff done.

I expressed our collective groups frustration with this issue, lack of support, and lack of a plan for a solution. His exact words to me, were, this is our problem, we (Thor) will own it and make it right for everyone.

The person whom really got things going today at Thor is Jennifer Paczkowski.

According to Scott Harris, my email and phone call today got the attention of Thor, and they are very focused on getting this issue solved now. Jim Crosley did say this is an issue that Thor dropped the ball on and did not get in front of, which now they are trying to play catch up, admittedly not as well as they should have previously.

The key for everyone going forward, is to make sure you speak to Scott Harris if you call. He is the only front line guy who has seen this issue start to present, anyone else won't have the history and you will just get the run around. Scott was on the conference call today, so he understands the importance of making this right.

Do not hesitate to contact Jennifer Paczkowski, from what I have gathered through the others I have spoken to at Thor, she has some stroke at Thor as well. Her email is: jpaczkowski@tmcrv.com

One of the issues that we discussed was the warranty on these generators. Jim Crosley assured me that our warranty would not be voided, and that Thor would stand behind these generators themselves if they had to.

Hope this helps, will update more as things evolve.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:45 AM   #303

Thanks for the update. Didn't hear from my service rep today, hopefully tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:23 AM   #304

I picked mine up from CW yesterday and looked to see what they did and it was just the heat shield. I asked what Thor told them and they said just to put that on. I was going to get more involved in talking to my service rep about this but got side track when I saw the huge gouge in my paint from where they were fixing my slide. Got to love CW.
Murphsfromaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #305

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just curious, I noticed several reports that mentioned running the house air/ generator while traveling. Is the dash air inadequate also? I'm curious because when I decide to upgrade (model years) the ACE would be one of interest. I currently use dash air only during travel, with good results, although I am aware many need to use Gen/House air . I have commented with thoughts on solutions for the current ACE problem in this thread and I am sure there is a reasonable fix, someone will hit on it. Hang in there!!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #306

Fleetwood Owners Club
Brock, the dash air is pretty much worthless for anyone not sitting in the driver or passenger seat, and even for those two its barley adequate. The passengers behind front two seats would sweat their little tails off. Also, without generator, kids get grouchy real quickly with no TV/Movies & XBox.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #307

Well, Onan never made it to Lazydays in Tucson on Friday. We are just waiting to hear what happened.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #308

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
I currently use dash air only during travel, with good results, although I am aware many need to use Gen/House air .
How big is your current coach? Lots of Class-As require house AC when driving if it's hot out... It's not just a THOR thing.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator