Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #645

I was going to do the same but in the republic of California you have to give Thor the right to repair it first before you can go up small claims. Of course you need to document the notice that you sent to Thor asking for the repair. Just send a ceritifide letter asking them to pay or go to small claims, they will pay...
Randog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #646

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We traded in the Ace for a Monaco Diplomat DP.
Hope everyone gets the generator issue solved.
Happy Travels.
Home base Phoenix Az
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine94 View Post
Mine is working fine in the new location, but truly, it hasn't been hot enough for a real test.
Same with me. Working but have not been in the 90 degree temps since it was relocated
sscarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #648

I've been following this thread in preparation for purchasing our 30.1.

Just took delivery of our new 30.1 today.

It looks like they are moving the generator one bay back and then putting the batteries and hydraulics where the generator used to be.

BigInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #649

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks like they also changed the door hinge location to open to the side vs lifting up. I hate that the doors now open up and rest on your head when you are trying to use the compartments where the slide is located.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #650

Side hinges were one of the things we wanted, wished they had them on the 2013s.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #651

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigInSeattle View Post
I've been following this thread in preparation for purchasing our 30.1.

Just took delivery of our new 30.1 today.

It looks like they are moving the generator one bay back and then putting the batteries and hydraulics where the generator used to be.

Hope the new generator location works for you!! Love those side hinges too!! Wish I had them on my 2013!!
Trvl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #652

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa W View Post
Side hinges were one of the things we wanted, wished they had them on the 2013s.
On my ACE 29.1 I installed gas props on the doors under the slide so they would stay up by themselves. However there was a danger of closing the slide and mangling an open door so I installed micro switches and wired them to an LED beside the slide control switch. A lot of work which could have been avoided with side mounted hinges. Oh well. Our new Challenger has all side hinged doors which are much more convenient.

I happened to look at a 2014 29.2 in Camping World the other day. The generator installation under the rear mega compartment really takes away a lot of space.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #653

I bought a 29.2 this past June, and the generator did shut down while driving several times. I was advised by my Camping World techs that they have had several reports of this happening. They also told me that it was a overheating issue. Granted, when it did shut down, the outside temp was probably high 80's-90+ degrees out. That combined with the heat from the main engine probably did cause it to overheat. I'll have to ask them about ordering me those repair parts.
Moskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #654

Happy to report we have the push pump installed, Thor was really good to work with and took care of most of the work through our local Camping World dealer. They did the push pump heat shields and vented door. No issues so far, but it hasn't been that warm in NC to give it a true test. I don't anticipate any further problems based on reports I have heard from others. I know there have been some others that have expressed frustration, but I have to admit, my experience with Thor was very positive. They warrantied the gen issue obviously but also took care of a few other minor issues under a goodwill warranty since we were just outside the manufacturer's warranty time frame. Camping world has been awesome to work with as well...
Luciano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:25 AM   #655

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
Test her out!

Bring her down here to Fl and go camping! It is hot here pretty much year round so you can see if the generator is happy and maybe even pay a visit to the Mouse! Hope you have smooth sailing from here on!
Davinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa W View Post
Randog,

Glad to hear your pump worked. According to Lazydays it is an Airtex brand and the part number is: E8012S.
Hope it is quieter than yours.

Lisa
Hi Lisa...just sent you a PM since I am heading to Lazy Days in Tampa and wanted to get some further information to help me prepare for the visit to get our generator issue addressed.
FredKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #657

Fred and Kate, Pm'd back. Hope it helps. Good luck in Tampa, let me know how it goes.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #658

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
Amazon.com: Carter P60504 Electric Fuel Pump: Automotive
Looks like this is the goto pump for a lot of people, quiet and great ratings.

Did you order this one and install it yet? I am considering installing one just as overkill to my modifications that seem to work for me. I am happy with my vented door and heat wrap around the generator, but i have not done the desert with it.

We are planning a Grand Canyon trip next year and I don't want to even think about my solution failing in 100+ heat.

I have considered purchasing a small Honda generator to run my small spot cooler I bring with me all the time.
sanfordturbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator