Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormleys View Post
We ended up making a custom one from parts sold at the Container Store.
We did the same. It's really an odd size drawer width and all the trays were too wide.
chogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #380

Great Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine94 View Post
I purchased 48 SMD (Surface Mount Diode) LED's off ebay. Search SMD LED and you'll get pages of them. They come from China via China post and take about two weeks for delivery. They are CHEAP, like $5 for a two pack shipped. ... tint. Overall, I've been very happy with them.
I tried a pilot project by just ordering 9 of these and giving them a trial. They work great! The best thing I believe is the energy consumption. Just a quick hint ... Be sure the Edison/Tesla style bulb has been off a few before you grab it, it will fry your skin. The LEDs can easily be held in your hand with no burns... And we've all seen older RVs with the lens 'cooked' on them. This should never happen with these lights/lenses.

Great Idea, My wife told me to change the rest of them she liked it so well

-Greg
Old 11-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock17 View Post
I tried a pilot project by just ordering 9 of these and giving them a trial. They work great! The best thing I believe is the energy consumption. Just a quick hint ... Be sure the Edison/Tesla style bulb has been off a few before you grab it, it will fry your skin. The LEDs can easily be held in your hand with no burns... And we've all seen older RVs with the lens 'cooked' on them. This should never happen with these lights/lenses.

Great Idea, My wife told me to change the rest of them she liked it so well

-Greg
Post the part number and the price if you can, sounds like a decent upgrade especially if you boondock a lot.
Thorchini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorchini View Post
Post the part number and the price if you can, sounds like a decent upgrade especially if you boondock a lot.
I got mine off of amazon. There are several choices, but they in the end seem to even out... There are some for 1 cent with $5 shipping or $5 and free shipping etc....

Use this keyword search on amazon and you'll get tons o' hits...

48 SMD White LED Light Panel T10 Festoon BA9S Dome 12V

Some of them have 3 different ends depending on your receptacle for the light, one should work.

One left on in the basement can eat your battery in a few days, but these are in all likelihood more forgiving.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #383

Thanks Glock, appreciated.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #384

Floor Mats for the ACE

I'm looking to get some floor mats to put in my 2012 A.C.E 29.2. I'd prefer some clear ones but will take what I can find. I've done several searches on the internet and can't find any that I'm sure will fit.

Has anyone installed any? If so, can you recommend a particular one and source for them?
Old 12-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogard View Post
I'm looking to get some floor mats to put in my 2012 A.C.E 29.2. I'd prefer some clear ones but will take what I can find. I've done several searches on the internet and can't find any that I'm sure will fit.

Has anyone installed any? If so, can you recommend a particular one and source for them?
I went to Lowe's and looked at their doormat selections, I found that a 20" x 36" door mat works really well. I found one a style that has a rubberized back, and the front is a cloth / material that is actually really attractive and matches the interior well. They fit really well, and you can remove them to clean them.

I had cut patterns and was going to have some custom mats made by my auto interior guy, but I like these Lowe's mats so well, I will continue to use them. Check them out, they have a bunch of different styles, and you would never think they are door mats. Mine are very thin also, that's nice, and they stay in place.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorchini View Post
I went to Lowe's and looked at their doormat selections, I found that a 20" x 36" door mat works really well.
Hadn't thought of that. Will have to check it out. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #387

Here is the door mats we bought:

Apache Mills Manhattan Soho 20 in. x 36 in. Recycled Rubber Door Mat-60-721-5503-02000036 at The Home Depot

We liked them so much, I bought some for inside our house. They match the wood floors perfect, look a little more upscale than a carpet rug and they are heavy but thin, and the doors open over them without binding.

Chogard, I see you are from DFW area. I have an office there at 6011 Connection Drive in Irving, I'm there every few months. I have enjoyed my Texas trips.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #388

Front tv mount

Has anyone change the fixed mount to something that tilts in the Thor ACE 29.2?
If so what did you use?

Thanks
Nick
Newbie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #389

MOR/ryde TV1021H Double Arm Swivel TV Wall Mount
nogoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoats View Post
MOR/ryde TV1021H Double Arm Swivel TV Wall Mount
Got any pictures?
Old 12-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #391

Fleetwood Owners Club
Changed our out with this:Amazon.com: Cheetah Mounts ALAMLB Ballhead LCD LED TV Wall Mount Bracket for 23-55" TVs up to 55 LBS with Full Motion Swing Out Tilt and Swivel Articulating Arm for Flat Screen Displays using VESA 100 200 300 and 400 Mount Patterns: Electronics
The key is to tighten up the joints so that it is very tight, if you leave them too lose, the TV will move around on you as you drive. Once tight, the TV does not move at all. It just takes a little more effort to actually move the TV when you want to move it.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #392

I looked at a new 30.1 today with a friend who is interested, and I really liked the table between the front seats. I am thinking about adding this to my 29.2 this winter. It removes easily, I can see the value in having it.

This isn't the unit we looked at, this is a picture I found on line. The new 30.1 we looked at was nice looking, really nice paint work and colors. It had electric mirrors, mine does not... my next coach will. A simple ask.

Walking my wife through a mirror adjustment, well... let's just say it's easier to land a 747 with a man having a seizure behind the controls.