Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #519

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3OHIO View Post
My front curtain doesn't stay up on the top, it kind of looks stupid. Anyone else have this problem? I also had one of the strings break, they are like a piece of yarn, very cheap. I'm thinking of putting a small grommet about 1/2" from the top at every spot there is a string, then cut off the string and slip the grommet on the existing hooks on the curtain rail.

Did you buy your ACE new? I don't think mine has twine holding the curtain. I'll have to look tomorrow.
chogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2014, 07:44 PM   #520

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogard View Post
Did you buy your ACE new? I don't think mine has twine holding the curtain. I'll have to look tomorrow.
Yes, new

If yours is different could you post a pic? Maybe mines not installed right?
Old 06-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #521

I remember as a kid, my mom had curtains on every freaking window in the house. I remember the hooks she used, they offered some kind of support, they were a really strange shape and sharp on the end that was pushed in the top part of the curtain. Something like that would be perfect.
Thorchini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #522

I found it:

Pin-On Drapery Hooks - 2-5/8" - $7.45 | onlinefabricstore.net|
Old 06-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorchini View Post
Thanks! I also came across these when I just did a search. I'll have to figure out what I want to try. You don't have this problem with your curtain?

Old 06-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #524

No problems with mine. I wonder if humidity plays a part in this?
Old 06-04-2014, 06:53 AM   #525

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
My front curtain doesn't stay up on the top, it kind of looks stupid. Anyone else have this problem? I also had one of the strings break, they are like a piece of yarn, very cheap. I'm thinking of putting a small grommet about 1/2" from the top at every spot there is a string, then cut off the string and slip the grommet on the existing hooks on the curtain rail.

Bought mine new and it looks exactly like this. Although it doesn't droop quite as much. I just end up pushing the top up when then are closed so that it "catches" on the lip of the track. Surely there is a better design. For those who's are different, any pics available?
Trvl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:28 AM   #526

Quote:
Yes, new

If yours is different could you post a pic? Maybe mines not installed right?

Here is what mine looks like!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1401888365.075531.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	930.1 KB
ID:	64563Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1401888387.145689.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	505.7 KB
ID:	64564
It does look similar to yours but as you can see, no drooping. Might be because we keep them open and tied back except at night when we're sleeping. They stay nice and pleated since they aren't exposed to the sun all the time.
chogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #527

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogard View Post
Here is what mine looks like!
Attachment 64563Attachment 64564
It does look similar to yours but as you can see, no drooping. Might be because we keep them open and tied back except at night when we're sleeping. They stay nice and pleated since they aren't exposed to the sun all the time.
Thanks for posting the pic, I still don't know why mine is so bad. I'll have to figure something out.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #528

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
our curtain hooks rusted in a couple of months so it was still under warrently...Thor replaced the rusted hooks and the curtain.....the new curtains hang about two feet longer than the original so now I can pulled them away from the windows and not have the condensation issues and water streaked curtains... the new one also seem to have a stiffer pleat at the top so they don't bend. When I pull them open, I carefully pleat them...
Old 06-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #529

Quote:

I have the exact same problem. The white liner that faces outside the coach has also deteriorated. It is so bad, that large chunks of the liner have dropped off onto the dashboard. It is a huge mess.

I will have to remove the entire thing and replace. Time to break out the sewing machine. I'll be replacing those yarn strings that hold the curtain to the rail. Several of them have snapped off.
sanfordturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfordturbo View Post
I have the exact same problem. The white liner that faces outside the coach has also deteriorated. It is so bad, that large chunks of the liner have dropped off onto the dashboard. It is a huge mess.

I will have to remove the entire thing and replace. Time to break out the sewing machine. I'll be replacing those yarn strings that hold the curtain to the rail. Several of them have snapped off.
Now I know why they only give us a 1 year warranty, after a year it starts falling apart!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #531

Got my rear AC unit installed. Works sweet, really nice supliment to the original unit. Wasn't hard to do, hardest thing was getting the rooftop unit on top of the RV. Heavy with sharp parts! It has it's own power supply, so when I get to a site, I plug int he 30A plug for the RV and the single 20A cord for the rear air. I like it, came in handy thins past weekend in Moab, it was hot!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20140609_194301_resized.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	65040  
Old 06-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #532

More ACE 30.1 mods - Dinette drawers

This was my latest project for the ACE...drawers to access storage under the benches. They work great...and allow easy access to the bench without messing with the cushions and seat cover.

Basically the drawers are a box that rides on roller ball bearings on the ground. The two rollers at the front are mounted upside-down on the floor and the back ones are mounted to the bottom of the drawer facing down. The drawer is built to have extensions on the side that ride along the channel made out of 1x2 and the top piece overhands to hold from tipping out. The right one is much easier..no mods required. The left one required that I move the electrical box to mount it on the back of the bench. Also had to use a few washers and shims to balance out the rollers and guides because of how they roll on the floor and slide access cover. Because of the access hatch...i only used screws and numbered the boards so to take it out...just unscrew all the supports and lift out drawer. Just make sure nothing catches any wires. Secure everything out of the way. I even made one drawer cut off so that odd shaped things fit. The opening for the drawer is much wider than the drawer itself.

Name:	ace_dinette_drawers1.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	301.6 KB
ID:	65046

Name:	ace_dinette_drawers2.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	65047

Name:	ace_dinette_drawers3.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	65048

Name:	ace_dinette_drawers4.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	300.5 KB
ID:	65050

Same project, added an outlet under the bench...so that I could mount and power the Dyson Digital Slim vac on the slide by bench. Now completely out of sight and always plugged in.

Name:	New_Outlet.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	65051

Name:	Dyson_mount.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	374.5 KB
ID:	65052