Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #547

I like to listen to music when I drive the ACE, but the speakers are behind the captain's chair. In order to hear my music, I have to crank up the volume so loud, that the people sitting on the sofa or dinette get blown away!

I decided to install some cut off switches on the speakers in the ceiling and also install some speakers up front. I may need to install an amplifier, but so far, they seem to work great. Passengers can disable the ceiling speakers and I can crank up the volume up front.

sanfordturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfordturbo View Post
After reading this thread, I was inspired to install the LED light in the grab handle. Cheap install and turned out fantastic!

Love it...how hard? Was going to do that as a final LED upgrade in my 30.1 I have put enough LEDs in this thing to make it a disco. Why not one more.

Any gotchas with that?

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:26 PM   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtseltmann View Post

Love it...how hard? Was going to do that as a final LED upgrade in my 30.1 I have put enough LEDs in this thing to make it a disco. Why not one more.

Any gotchas with that?

Thanks!
I tried to conceal the wire by drilling at an angle to reach the cabinets on the left hand side of the entry well. That didn't work out too well. I broke some drill bits! Gave up and drilled straight into the coach and have a 2 inch 90degree bend wire that is hardly noticeable.
sanfordturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #550

30.1 Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtseltmann View Post
Well the first of many of my ACE mods has been done. RGB LED light strip under awning as well as above main step. Added indoor LED step lights (amber) that are controlled by the outside light switch (bulb removed because i have the LED's now). Also added an amber LED light to illuminate the switch area.

Attachment 59160

Attachment 59159

Added a 12V DVD player behind main TV for driving viewing without gen. Currently working on installing 5 1/4" component speakers up front in the cab area as well as a amp/sub for the whole system.

More on the way...
We just purchased the same model and I'm looking to do the exact same mods...seeing the switches at the entry door at night is impossible. What light or light kit did you use for the switches. Any detailed instructions on your intstall?

Also, did you happen to install the speakers in the cab. We don't care for the rear audio while driving.

Thanks,
Robert
cptxguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:44 AM   #551

ACE mods / upgrades

Hi everyone. Hoping someone can help. I was changing out a rear running lamp unit ( wife hit a pole) and accidentally touched the positive and negative. Before anyone scolds me, I know I shouldn't have been lazy and disconnected the battery first. Now none of the running lights or dash lights will work. We cant safely drive at night. I checked all of the fuses and relays with my meter, even the high output under the hood. All of them were fine. Does anyone have another suggestion before I take it to a repair shop. I would hate to be without it for an extended period of time mid season.
chefjay7101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:41 PM   #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjay7101 View Post
Hi everyone. Hoping someone can help. I was changing out a rear running lamp unit ( wife hit a pole) and accidentally touched the positive and negative. Before anyone scolds me, I know I shouldn't have been lazy and disconnected the battery first. Now none of the running lights or dash lights will work. We cant safely drive at night. I checked all of the fuses and relays with my meter, even the high output under the hood. All of them were fine. Does anyone have another suggestion before I take it to a repair shop. I would hate to be without it for an extended period of time mid season.
Double check #4:
rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #553

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
chefjay7101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #554

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptxguys View Post
We just purchased the same model and I'm looking to do the exact same mods...seeing the switches at the entry door at night is impossible. What light or light kit did you use for the switches. Any detailed instructions on your intstall?

Also, did you happen to install the speakers in the cab. We don't care for the rear audio while driving.

Thanks,
Robert
This is really just a very easy mod. LED dot light purchased from this link:
Little Dot SMD LED Accent Light | Pre Wired LEDs and LED Bolts | LED Accent Lighting | Super Bright LEDs | Super Bright LEDs

I drilled a hole at the top center (1/8" should allow the wire to pass through) and then place a piece of stained corner moulding to hide the light. The LED has 3m tape on the back and it can stick and point straight down. You can tap into power in the from one of the switches. Then the other side is grounded somewhere in the bin below (someplace i found a metal on metal connection). The LED is not switched...comes on with power to the rig and goes off with disconnect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4958a.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	67970

As far as the speakers in the dash..yes I did the install...as well as a amp/sub. I disconnected the rear bedroom speakers as I found them completely useless. So the dash speakers replaced those...no changes required. Just cut and wire. Cutting the holes in the dash was the hardest part...knowing there is little room for error.

Any other info you need?
Old 07-16-2014, 08:36 AM   #555

Thanks. That helps!

Any photos of where you placed the speakers in the dash?
cptxguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:07 AM   #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptxguys View Post
Thanks. That helps!

Any photos of where you placed the speakers in the dash?
Here you go...for some reason I posted this by itself and not in the 'ace mods' thread here. Oh well...

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/late...-a-199950.html
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivraton View Post
Double check #4:
Hello Rivraton,
Question please:
Is this a Thor or Ford F-53 (2013) under hood chassis fuse box for (Thor Ace 27.1)? I ask because I cannot find anything like it in either our Thor or Ford documentation - I do find diagrams quite different.
Thank you!
millwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:27 PM   #558

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwind View Post
Hello Rivraton,
Question please:
Is this a Thor or Ford F-53 (2013) under hood chassis fuse box for (Thor Ace 27.1)? I ask because I cannot find anything like it in either our Thor or Ford documentation - I do find diagrams quite different.
Thank you!
Definitely not a Thor fuse box. Looks like the F53 box, but the under dash rather than under hood. It's to the left of the steering wheel up under the dash. You'll have to do the upside down contortionist thing to get to it.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:08 AM   #559

I may have lead you astray, Ford has used that fuse box for quite a while, but I just looked at the documentation for my new ACE 27.1 and it dose not show there. I sincerely apologize.
rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #560

Today's mod done...privacy curtain. Wife did the curtains...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1405805205.766273.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	771.9 KB
ID:	68422