Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2015, 09:23 AM   #757

I don't understand what is so wrong with keeping the hose in the sewage compartment.
That is where I keep mine. Nothing 'bad' gets on the outside of it. I always flush with the grey tank after black, remove, place caps on both ends, and store. No odors whatsoever.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #758

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
I don't understand what is so wrong with keeping the hose in the sewage compartment.
That is where I keep mine. Nothing 'bad' gets on the outside of it. I always flush with the grey tank after black, remove, place caps on both ends, and store. No odors whatsoever.
We do the same thing Eric; flush it well, cap the ends and store in sewage compartment.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:02 AM   #759

I don't know about you but I always end up with a wet hose after rinsing so I like it in it's own plastic container just to contain the water while it dries.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #760

How are you guys rinsing your hose, with a pressure washer? lol
Black tank dump, grey tank dump, detach the hose after working all the water out and place a cap on each end.
No spillage, no debris, no odors. I am speaking of a Camco RhinoFlex FWIW.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:59 AM   #761

Hey Skip,

What did you replace your kitchen faucet with? A pic would be nice. I'm having trouble with the rotation on our faucet and was thinking of replacing the thing with one of better quality.

Chuck..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipRD View Post
Incidentally, I just replaced the kitchen faucet
chogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:48 AM   #762

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogard View Post
Hey Skip,

What did you replace your kitchen faucet with? A pic would be nice. I'm having trouble with the rotation on our faucet and was thinking of replacing the thing with one of better quality.

Chuck..
Sorry -- I'm not going to be much help. Thor sent me another faucet that was identical to the original, so I just used that. I agree that the OEM faucet is not very good quality, so when it goes I'll replace it with a residential type. The problem is that the fittings on the supply lines are not standard, so first I have to install standard plumbing fittings in the PEX tubing, like maybe SharkBite connectors. It's still on my list of things to do someday...
SkipRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #763

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
we just replaced our water pump, it was making a terrible racket when running..and it leaked. Order a replacement pump from PPL talking to a rep to make sure it was the correct pump. Changed where the pump was located (rear wall behind black water tank...changed hoses to longer lengths using clear plastic. Move the macerator and water pump to the front of the compartment.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #764

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtseltmann View Post
Nice work. I did the same but with an amber led. I actually have a few 'indicator' lights to let me know when awning and under lights are on and what color they are. The middle Amber light is always on when the coach battery is on. I also ran some moulding to hide the lights so they fire down.

Attachment 88604

Hard to see but awesome at night.
I saw your post and the one by SkipRD so I was going to install an indicator light on the battery disconnect switch on my 29.2. I can't figure out which wires to hook it to. My switch has six wires. On top is one black (ground) and 1 purple (always hot). The middle has one blue and one yellow. The bottom of the switch has one black (ground) and 1 purple (always hot). I wanted the light on when the switch was on and off when the disconnect switch was off. Anyone have any suggestions on how to wire a simple 12-volt pilot light with just a positive and negative?
nogoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:37 PM   #765

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoats View Post
I saw your post and the one by SkipRD so I was going to install an indicator light on the battery disconnect switch on my 29.2. I can't figure out which wires to hook it to. My switch has six wires. On top is one black (ground) and 1 purple (always hot). The middle has one blue and one yellow. The bottom of the switch has one black (ground) and 1 purple (always hot). I wanted the light on when the switch was on and off when the disconnect switch was off. Anyone have any suggestions on how to wire a simple 12-volt pilot light with just a positive and negative?
Check to see if this is true, when you disconnect the house batteries via the switch, that should kill the power to the step switch, if so, you can hook to the feed for that switch and ground your pilot lamp. You should have a lamp that is on when the house batteries are connectec and off when they are not.
rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:03 AM   #766

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
That's weird that indicator lamps for the coach and chassis connect aren't factory installed in your unit. I wonder what Thor was thinking? I agree--getting that installed is a good idea.

Anyway, the wiring for my switches is obviously different, but all I did was to use one of those 12-volt test lamps with an alligator clip at the other end. I used the probe to find one of the spade connectors that had 12-volts when the chassis power was connected and no 12-volts when disconnected. It only took a couple minutes. For you, it sounds like it has to be either the blue or yellow wire.
SkipRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #767

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.nash56 View Post
Has anybody out there figured out a good storage location for the sewer hose outside of a storage compartment?
RVWithTITO.com has a way to handle the Stinky Slinky....

Check it out here -- May be overkill for you, or may be just what you desire...

How To Hide Your Sewer Hose | rvwithtito
Old 04-14-2015, 11:23 PM   #768

I have been thinking about running some wiring / cabling back to the bedroom, while I was having coffee, I looked up and saw the perfect raceway. (The AC duct!) There is even a gap in the Styrofoam sheet that will allow access from the overhead where the satellite box resides.
rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:33 AM   #769

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
I do the same thing. I go as far as keeping a can of air freshener in the bin and spray it in one side, seal it up and there is never smell. I also do a black tank rinse after each dump so the tube gets rinsed with a good amount of fresh water.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:37 AM   #770

Quote:
Just seeing this now...i used a tester to find out what wire is 'always hot' when the coach is switched on. The LED that illuminates all the switches comes on when the coach is "IN USE" and off when "STORED". It uses next to no power so there is no fear of battery run down etc. I can open up the wiring but I tapped into one of those purple ones I believe. It has been a while. The idea though is connect the pos to the hot and the ground to either a new ground wire (bolt to frame or find a ground on one of the switches. I think I just ran a new ground to a bold below the bin so I knew it was solid.