Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #113

4X Macerator Warning Sign Stickers for Uniflo Saniflo Warning Signs Sticker | eBay

Does anyone know where I can get one of these, this seller won't ship to USA, I think it would be a good idea to stick one of these by the toilet. We have a lot of friends who don't know how RV toilets work and especially ones with a macerator like our 29.2, even though I remind them I'd hate for someone to forget and put something down there they shouldn't.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2013, 04:36 AM   #114

Thor Owners Club
Re: Pre-Wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogard View Post
I'm considering getting a tow dolly to pull our Nissan Ultima behind our MH. I've pretty much decided I need to buy a dolly with electric brakes so that we don't have problems with laws in some states.

This will require a brake controller. Does anyone know if the 2012 ACE is pre-wired for this? Any surprises I should watch for?
Chuck -- I was crawling around under the rear end of my ACE 30.1 this past weekend and I noticed there was a label on an unattached black wire. The label said "Elec Brake." Unfortunately I don't have a wiring diagram, but I get if you call Thor they'll send you one.

Skip
SkipRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #115

Thor Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3OHIO View Post
4X Macerator Warning Sign Stickers for Uniflo Saniflo Warning Signs Sticker | eBay

Does anyone know where I can get one of these, this seller won't ship to USA, I think it would be a good idea to stick one of these by the toilet. We have a lot of friends who don't know how RV toilets work and especially ones with a macerator like our 29.2, even though I remind them I'd hate for someone to forget and put something down there they shouldn't.
Make your own. I remember seeing one in a boat that said "Don't put anything into the toilet unless you've eaten it first".
Harry
Old 03-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #116

I think my next mod will be to replace the interior bulbs with LED. There seems to be a lot of different styles available on ebay, any guidance here?

thanks!
Hermosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosa View Post
I think my next mod will be to replace the interior bulbs with LED. There seems to be a lot of different styles available on ebay, any guidance here?

thanks!
Post #23.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosa View Post

thanks!
I ordered the surface mounted LEDS for about 3 bucks each as shown in post #23,but also ordered some of these for $5. BA15S 1156 1141 24 SMD 5050 LED Warm White Car Internal light bulb 12V

Both are working fine.
FredKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredKate View Post
I ordered the surface mounted LEDS for about 3 bucks each as shown in post #23,but also ordered some of these for $5. BA15S 1156 1141 24 SMD 5050 LED Warm White Car Internal light bulb 12V

Both are working fine.
Since the surface mounted ones had twice the number of LEDs, did it make a huge difference in how bright they were? I would assume they use twice the power also. Which of these is the closest to the brightness of the original bulb? Since you've got both, which would you recommend? Are the 24 LED ones bright enough?
chogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogard View Post
Since the surface mounted ones had twice the number of LEDs, did it make a huge difference in how bright they were? I would assume they use twice the power also. Which of these is the closest to the brightness of the original bulb? Since you've got both, which would you recommend? Are the 24 LED ones bright enough?
I only used the 24 LED bulbs in every one of the storage compartments and for the porch light, and under the cabinet over the bed. They are plenty bright enough in those places. I used the SMDs to light up the living areas. The SMDs are MUCH brighter than the originals in my opinion, and I would have put them everywhere if I had bought enough of them the first time around.

I bought ten of the 24 LED version bulbs for the storage areas partly just to see how they compared, even though they cost more, and I wasn't that concerned about the brightness. I was also thinking that the bulb type might be better in the storage ares vs the SMDs since they project light 360 degrees instead of just downward, but I am not sure if I can really see the difference in that regard.

Bottom line, if I were redoing another coach I would go with the SMDs for the cost savings.
FredKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #121

It seems our ACE 29.2 came with every option except the TV in the bedroom. I want to add one but I can't seem to find how they would have mounted to the wall, I can't find a solid are to mount the bracket. Is there any way one of you who has a tv in the bedroom could post a pic of where they placed the bracket? Or give me a measurement of where its screwed in?
Old 03-28-2013, 05:28 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3OHIO View Post
It seems our ACE 29.2 came with every option except the TV in the bedroom. I want to add one but I can't seem to find how they would have mounted to the wall, I can't find a solid are to mount the bracket. Is there any way one of you who has a tv in the bedroom could post a pic of where they placed the bracket? Or give me a measurement of where its screwed in?
I had the dealer put it in and I had to have them show me three mounting brackets until they got it right. The one that comes from Thor is a fixed triangle bracket that fits in the corner but was to small for my tv. The first two they purchased would not let the slide door open all the way when the tv was mounted. The best option for us was a bracket that was a 360 degree swing that had a quick release for the tv to come off while we traveled. I don't have a pic right now do to it is at CW getting the annual service.
Murphsfromaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:54 AM   #123

Fleetwood Owners Club
Will post up a picture later today for you, but I just used a standard wall mount in the corner, so far it has worked fine.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #124

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here are the pictures, hope they help.

DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
Here are the pictures, hope they help.

THANKS!!! Yes, I'm probably going to do that and get a bracket that extends like that.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post

On the rear, things are a little tougher. The wires from the front stop somewhere around the rear axel. So you will have to extend the wires to the rear bumper.
Thought I'd report that we found the brake light wire near the back bumper. It was up inside a wiring bundle and we had to fish it out. When we did it was lableled and everything. No extension was needed. We changed out the 4-pin with a 6-pin plug, installed the controller and it's ready to go.

What settings do you use on your Prodigy P3 when pulling a vehicle? We'll be pulling an Ultima on our tow dolly w/brakes. Haven't taken it out yet and was wondering if you have a recommendation on initial setting.
chogard is offline   Reply With Quote