Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #1121

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbenny View Post
Denver have a Windsport 27K with some of same issues front wheel alignment was the best cure for driving. Working on a lotofmods but very interested on the rear screen let me know what you come up with. Looking for those rounded screen corners myself
I finished fabricating the screen using parts I got from Pelland. Initially I only ordered the round corners, and then later ordered the frame sections and square corners too as the local big box places had frame sections in aluminum or brown..no black. Round corners fit perfectly

Pictures are attached. The cross piece was intended to be temporary as I was finding the screen tension was bowing the top section of the frame. After installing the screen, its in there pretty tight and I will probably leave it there. I used ordinary plastic screen material with 0.125" spline.

I haven't installed it yet, but I put strip magnets on the frame (1/2" wide - comes in 10ft lengths). The window frame is aluminum so I have back to back magnets. One set of strips stuck to the screen and one set on the window frame.Had to be careful to get them oriented so they attract rather than repel.

The magnetic pull per inch is pretty weak, but I think around the entire frame will provide enough of a connection without being too strong. And it doesn't have any gaps for the bugs to get in. I was considering a few Velcro sections with weatherstripping between, but Velcro back adhesive is usually not as strong as the Velcro itself and pulling the frame off to open the window would probably pull the Velcro off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3765.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	632.5 KB
ID:	156603   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3766.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	634.4 KB
ID:	156604  

DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2017, 04:55 PM   #1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTP View Post
I finished fabricating the screen using parts I got from Pelland. Initially I only ordered the round corners, and then later ordered the frame sections and square corners too as the local big box places had frame sections in aluminum or brown..no black. Round corners fit perfectly

Pictures are attached. The cross piece was intended to be temporary as I was finding the screen tension was bowing the top section of the frame. After installing the screen, its in there pretty tight and I will probably leave it there. I used ordinary plastic screen material with 0.125" spline.

I haven't installed it yet, but I put strip magnets on the frame (1/2" wide - comes in 10ft lengths). The window frame is aluminum so I have back to back magnets. One set of strips stuck to the screen and one set on the window frame.Had to be careful to get them oriented so they attract rather than repel.

The magnetic pull per inch is pretty weak, but I think around the entire frame will provide enough of a connection without being too strong. And it doesn't have any gaps for the bugs to get in. I was considering a few Velcro sections with weatherstripping between, but Velcro back adhesive is usually not as strong as the Velcro itself and pulling the frame off to open the window would probably pull the Velcro off.
DenverTP, What did you use for a latch?
Straatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:38 AM   #1123

Quote:

thanks for the update will order material this week this will be great to be able to open up that window and not have to worry about bugs. I saw on Amazon a bar that you can install to open and close the window my Brother has it on his Miramar

Products-013-242-Exit-Window-Latch/dp/B00B2ASZ18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491223152&sr=8-1&keywords=rv+emergency+window+latch
Dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:09 PM   #1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcbenny View Post
thanks for the update will order material this week this will be great to be able to open up that window and not have to worry about bugs. I saw on Amazon a bar that you can install to open and close the window my Brother has it on his Miramar

Products-013-242-Exit-Window-Latch/dp/B00B2ASZ18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491223152&sr=8-1&keywords=rv+emergency+window+latch
https://www.amazon.com/Products-013-...t+window+latch

rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:14 PM   #1125

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Fact that your window did not come with a screen indicates that it is probably an emergency exit window. Be VERY careful how far you open it. Our Thor exit window is a break-away ie if opened far enough window disconnects from hinge and falls to the ground! I was lucky to catch mine. Reconnecting to hinge was VERY difficult and ended up being a two man job. One outside and one inside.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:41 PM   #1126

What size ACE do you have. How did you change shocks and how hard was it. I do not have any jacks for my 27 ft and what Konis did you use. I like the rest of our set up on the raio etc. What did you mean by the track bar, was it the safety plus steering bar or what and about how much was the allignment. Thks for any help you can give me
divingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:45 AM   #1127

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingdoc View Post
What size ACE do you have. How did you change shocks and how hard was it. I do not have any jacks for my 27 ft and what Konis did you use. I like the rest of our set up on the raio etc. What did you mean by the track bar, was it the safety plus steering bar or what and about how much was the allignment. Thks for any help you can give me

Had alignment checked for first time last month. No adjustment required. Coach has about 10 K miles on it. Ford Truck in Greensboro, NC charged $130.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:05 AM   #1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingdoc View Post

Track bar came installed from factory on mine at front axle. I added one to rear, big improvement in handling. Expensive though. Used Blue Ox brand.

Installed safety steer also, reduced "sawing" of steering wheel which reduced driving fatigue. The Roadmaster I used is a spring damper attached to front axle and steering tie rod.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:38 AM   #1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Be VERY careful how far you open it. Our Thor exit window is a break-away ie if opened far enough window disconnects from hinge and falls to the ground! I was lucky to catch mine.
Wow, I did not know this!
I too have wondered how I can turn that rear window into something useful. The bedroom gets a tad warm requiring me to run the a/c often times.
It's a shame being as how large that window opening is and would definitely allow the fan to move a lot of air if opened.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:48 AM   #1130

Not really a mod, but a fix for my broken Jensen JRV212T. I went with a dedicated screen for my cameras. The video system in the old radio is just the Voyager system from Jensen so all of the wires match up and it only took me maybe an hour to install. When I am ready for a new radio I can just pick out whatever I want without having to worry about compatability with the camera system. Also, I don't have to take my eyes too far off the road to see what's happening on the cameras.

I'm going to change the mount from the X mount since the screen is a little too deep for it. RAM makes an AMPS compatible mount. It's actually the same as the base I screwed into the dash.

BigInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:08 PM   #1131
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigInSeattle View Post
RAM makes an AMPS compatible mount. It's actually the same as the base I screwed into the dash.
I use a RAM mount for my 8" Tablet I use for the CoPilot GPS, and I am really happy with it. It is a really solid mount and eliminates almost all unwanted vibrations.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:04 AM   #1132

Nice! Easier to see while driving.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:26 AM   #1133

Thor Owners Club
ok...This will be one of two questions. wonder if anyone has a solution (ok.. SOMEone does... please share?)
Question 1. 2013 ACE 30.1. New to us. Has anyone relocated the electric panel from under the FOOT of the bed (where no one can get to it) to a more accessible location, even if its on the side of the bed? Fuse Blows? Slide is in. how in the world can you ever get to the panel if the bed is tight against the cabinets, and the panel is located as-is from the factory. Someone DEFINATELY brain-farted that placement decision!

The example JUST came tomind, but what i really wanted was a way to flip the convertor breaker while underway, so I can run the Invertor (just getting it, and want to 'hard-wire' to the AC side...)
dmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #1134

Thor Owners Club
Question 2 of 2 (for now) does anyone know how the front dropdown bunk magnets are attached? they are woefully inadequate. I've purchase a couple honkin neodynium magnets (450#) to swap out the little magnets, and just want to 'pop' them off, but don't want to damage the plastic 'mounts' they are attached to. They seem to be free-swiveling, but I don't see any screws.

The problem is the front bed always seems to release from the magnets while underway. Freaks out the DW. the new magnets WILL hold it up. but I need to popthe old ones off first.

Help? thoughts?
dmurray is offline   Reply With Quote