Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
ACE Recall on Ford V10 Cable

I don't know how many other V10s this will affect, mine is 8-months old. The cabling between the D, N ,R, ect Transmission Indicator on the Steering Column needs some replacement parts. The kits are being sent to Ford dealerships starting at the end of this month. I made my appointment already. Check your VIN at the Ford owners site.
ShadowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #2

My local Ford dealer doesn't have a lift for motorhomes. They can however, preform that recall service there. Which saves me a 60 mile trip to a ford dealer that can lift a motorhome. Now I just have to wait for spring to arive....
Tv Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
We stopped at a Ford dealer yesterday and they said parts haven't gone out yet and to wait at least another week before contacting a shop. If you have the VIN for the recall, it is a replacement of the cable, etc.....not just a look see. He said it only affects what you see in the P R N D , etc area.....not transmission cable. Just can't "see" the gear you are in but you can still shift between the gears.
Lindaxtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Community Administrator

This recall is for late models as per http://www.enewspf.com/latest-news/r...-vehicles.html

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Got my recall letter from ford today. Will get it fixed when parts arrive. No biggie.
Bdhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Got my recall today also,
So 2011 32' Thor Windsport is included in the recall. The bad part about this is should i go to CW
Dave Leeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Dave L. that's a good question. I'm sure it depends on which CW. I would like to know about the CW in Hillsboro Oregon and if anyone likes/dislike their work.
Bdhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't you have to go to a Ford dealership to have this done?
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Don't you have to go to a Ford dealership to have this done?
Not only do you have to go to a Ford Dealership to have the work done, it has to be to a Ford Dealer that is authorized to work on the F-53 chassis. Not all dealers can work on the larger vehicles.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
THe best thing to do is to call a Ford Commercial Truck Dealer if you have one in your area. They should be capable and authorized to do the recall.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Recall performed today in 1.5 hours at a Ford Commercial Truck dealer in Auburn, WA.
ShadowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Ford Recall

I called the local Ford Commercial Truck Dealer also after receiving the recall. They said they could do the work but wanted me to bring it in to let them "look at it" to see what parts they needed to order. This would have caused me to make two trips to them which I did not want to do if it was not necessary. Seems like since, Ford built this chassis, they should know exactly what it needs. So instead of taking it in, I emailed Ford customer service. Within a few days the local dealer called back and told me that they had ordered the parts. I'm scheduled to take the RV in next Friday to have the work done. We will see how it goes.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Took the motorhome in to the local Ford Commercial Truck dealer. It only took them about two hours to take care of the recall. No problem.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #14

I work at an RV dealership and our chassis tech does them. We get the parts from Ford and it takes 1 to 2 hrs to complete. No lift required. Our dealership is certified Ford and Workhorse.
camper33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, recall, v10