RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2014, 02:14 AM   #1

ACE window regulators

We just discovered that both of the window regulators behind the dinette are bent, the forward one (shown) is the worst, but they both are inoperable without a struggle:

Has anyone else encountered this?
Also the grille (for some reason referred to on the Thor website as the hood?) is mounted so low in the opening that the lower corners bind badly.
I guess I could jump on the Thor bashing bandwagon, but it is not just Thor, I looked at Forest Rivers (I traded in a Forest River product, and was intimately familiar with their lack of quality) and Fleetwoods as well when shopping, they had more glaring faults than the Thor, at least I had to look to find the flaws in my A.C.E.. It just seems no one has any pride anymore, I couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I did such shoddy work.
End of Rant…

rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivraton View Post
We just discovered that both of the window regulators behind the dinette are bent, the forward one (shown) is the worst, but they both are inoperable without a struggle:

Window regulator???
Maybe not looking a pic right.
Our 27.1 has a slider behind dinette.

End of Rant…

...you're sure about that now

millwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Window regulator???
Maybe not looking a pic right.
Our 27.1 has a slider behind dinette.
The 2015 has tilt-outs there, by the kitchen sink and one on the forward side of the bed.(New but not improved ) I don't think the ones in the kitchen or bedroom will bend as the arms are much shorter.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:43 PM   #4

Quote:
The 2015 has tilt-outs there, by the kitchen sink and one on the forward side of the bed.(New but not improved ) I don't think the ones in the kitchen or bedroom will bend as the arms are much shorter.
Well then, sorry, as we're certainly no help on this one.
Quite a change from the simple sliders in our 2014.
I could think of many other areas to 'improve' upon (pantry, shower, motor/hood access, outside bin hardware, sealing of battery/leveler bin, dash radio set-up, the std. A/C, wtr.htr. by-pass access), but then maybe they did.
Hope all works out & a few 2015 owners pipe-in for you.
Either way it looks to be a warranty item.
Good luck!
millwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #5

Anyone happen to know where the coax splitter that feeds the bedroom TV is on the 27.1? Maybe in the cavity behind the antenna amp switch?
Old 07-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Anyone happen to know where the coax splitter that feeds the bedroom TV is on the 27.1? Maybe in the cavity behind the antenna amp switch?
That's where it is on my 29.2
Old 07-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #7

Thanks Harlee, Now that I have found that, I can hook up a switch box and have a few more viewing options for the bedroom. Actually, if I can figure out where the routed the coax across to the main TV, I'd like to run another RG6 cable across so I could put the satellite box on that side. I expected the cables to go up from the splitter and across over the ceiling, instead the go down and toward the rear?
Old 07-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #8

Update on the Window, The Thor rep, informed me today, that the window supplier will replace the entire window assembly. I'm hoping that it will be an improved design, hence not just replacing the regulators. Anyhow pretty good service so far.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #9

One of my windows (behind the sofa) had the arms actually pop out of the window track. The arms aren't bent, but it appears someone turned the regulator handle real hard and pulled it out.
These things are really brittle. I had to drill the two rivets out removing the regulator in order to place the arms back into the window track. Reattached the regulator...good to go.

I know one thing, I am going to warn anybody and everybody the opens a window to do it with ease. I like the tilt out windows better than sliders personally.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window