Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #1

AGS Auto Generator Start

2013 Thor Tuscany FX: My AGS settings on the EMS panel is set to off, but still started on it's own. Could that mean a short somewhere? For these types does the generator itself have a auto switch I can manaully switch off?
Jagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagraves
2013 Thor Tuscany FX: My AGS settings on the EMS panel is set to off, but still started on it's own. Could that mean a short somewhere? For these types does the generator itself have a auto switch I can manaully switch off?
Not sure about any shorts, but in my coach, my a/c thermostat/controller has an AGS setting, which is separate from the AGS in my Xantrex system.
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #3

I've noticed my microwave will start mine instead of using the inverter. But not during the preset quiet time.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomp4801

Not sure about any shorts, but in my coach, my a/c thermostat/controller has an AGS setting, which is separate from the AGS in my Xantrex system.
Do you simply set the A/C "off"?
Old 10-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

NO, you toggle the zone button from zone 1 to zone 2 to AGS and then set the AGS to OFF by hitting the MODE button. At least that's how it's done with a Duotherm Comfort Control thermostat.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

NO . I have a Duotherm Comfort Control thermostat and you switch from zone 1 to zone 2 to AGS by hitting the ZONE button. The ZONE button toggles between those 3 settings. Then you hit the MODE button to turn AGS to OFF.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #7

Quote:

NO . I have a Duotherm Comfort Control thermostat and you switch from zone 1 to zone 2 to AGS by hitting the ZONE button. The ZONE button toggles between those 3 settings. Then you hit the MODE button to turn AGS to OFF.
I will check. Looked at it yesterday and it had a separate control on the EMS and it was set to "on".
Old 10-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #8

I set the temps high as they will go then turn AC to OFF with mode button. I do all like this and then set the master button to off. This keeps the auto gen from needing to poweranything.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

I will check. Looked at it yesterday and it had a separate control on the EMS and it was set to "on".
Yes, there is a separate control on the EMS, however, like many things in my motorhome, there is redundancy built in. The DuoTherm control also has an AGS capability. It's worth checking to see if you have the same thing, and to see if it is turned on.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Yes, there is a separate control on the EMS, however, like many things in my motorhome, there is redundancy built in. The DuoTherm control also has an AGS capability. It's worth checking to see if you have the same thing, and to see if it is turned on.
P.S. The Xantrex control should be set to OFF if you don't want the generator to be started automatically when the house batteries run too low.

Tags
generator