Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #1

An even more recent Thor disappointment

I hate these posts but it's my duty to warn folks and learn from others. It's not bad enough that the slide was leaking and CW had no idea what was wrong...we finally used the shower again that was leaking from day one. CW said they fixed it. Right.

I'll let you be the judge. Ya think this will leak?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1430832752.493589.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	93440

What a colossal mess. More water on floor coming from under the wall than in shower. Kudos to both CW and Thor. Not sure who takes the gold on this one. Moral? Check your fittings.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2015, 08:59 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Not sure what we're looking at there -- looks like something broke off?

Our Tuscany also had a leak (or two, actually) around the shower -- part of our list for our first factory service visit. One part was the fittings behind the shower faucet, which just hadn't been tightened enough, as I recall. The other was that the rubber sweep on the bottom of the shower door wasn't wide enough, so water ran out from under the door. We actually temporarily installed a shower curtain (inside the door!) to control that problem. They solved that problem too, I think by installing a wider sweep under the door.

Little stuff really, but annoying, especially since it's just sloppy work and poor QC.
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:15 PM   #3

At pick up for my brand new Outlaw, the sink in the bathroom was completely disconnected. Water went from the sink directly into the vanity, drained out the cabinet and onto the floor. They didn't notice it at the factory or when doing the prep for me. Luckily I stayed for several days in their 'delivery lot' to do a thorough inspection.

Then after two showers, I realized that I wasn't being sloppy with the shower head - they didn't hook up the drain for the shower either!

They claim to do a 210 point inspection or something like that. I'd really like to see this list because there must be a few things missing!
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #4

looks like one has a rubber washer and one doesnt?
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
At pick up for my brand new Outlaw, the sink in the bathroom was completely disconnected. Water went from the sink directly into the vanity, drained out the cabinet and onto the floor. They didn't notice it at the factory or when doing the prep for me. Luckily I stayed for several days in their 'delivery lot' to do a thorough inspection.

Then after two showers, I realized that I wasn't being sloppy with the shower head - they didn't hook up the drain for the shower either!

They claim to do a 210 point inspection or something like that. I'd really like to see this list because there must be a few things missing!

Man that sucks. How sad. Good you found it there. I found mine over the course of a year. I laid into them today via email and got a call back and claims they'll make good if I bring it in. I told them I don't trust CW.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
looks like one has a rubber washer and one doesnt?

Exactly. Not water tight!
Old 05-05-2015, 06:12 PM   #7

yeah that does suck... that extra 10sec to put a washer in there could've saved you a lot of grief. Thor need to turn down the machine a notch, its only so much that the QC can catch.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:37 AM   #8

Sorry i wasn't clear in my sarcasm...this is the shower supply lines disconnected from the controls. When hot turned on, no rubber seal means water shoots down the back into wall and out the bottom into the bedroom. It wasn't pretty since wife was showering and I came in yelling!

Such a small part and Thor missed it and CW couldn't find it. Took me five seconds. That crap blows my mind, and apparently I'm not alone from these replies. That's for letting me vent.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:32 AM   #9

How do you get to these for inspection?
My ACE is over in the pole building.
They are inside the wall, right?

Mine likewise leaked but it was due to poor caulking around the tub basin. I recaulked and it now seems water tight.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
How do you get to these for inspection?
My ACE is over in the pole building.
They are inside the wall, right?

Mine likewise leaked but it was due to poor caulking around the tub basin. I recaulked and it now seems water tight.
You have to cut the seam of silicon around the base of the white shower controls piece and the wall. Then peel off. Take out the 4 screws and then you'll see where these two water lines are connected to the back of of the shower controls. Its tight but you can pull them up a bit to unscrew and check for gaskets/seals.

After this I'm going to pull out all messy caulk from shower basin etc and redo it myself. No chances being taken.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:34 AM   #11

jtseltmann

Thank you for the pic.
Is there any gasket on the rear of the shower faucet to seal against the shower wall or is the only waterstop the caulk?
If no gasket then I will make sure to reseal mine due to gapes I noticed in my caulk.
Mousemate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemate1 View Post
jtseltmann

Thank you for the pic.
Is there any gasket on the rear of the shower faucet to seal against the shower wall or is the only waterstop the caulk?
If no gasket then I will make sure to reseal mine due to gapes I noticed in my caulk.
There is no gasket or plastic seal that goes between shower wall and controls. The shower wall is too uneven anyway. Screw it in and then caulk the seam.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtseltmann View Post
There is no gasket or plastic seal that goes between shower wall and controls. The shower wall is too uneven anyway. Screw it in and then caulk the seam.
Ok,will add that to my list, it keeps growing.
Mousemate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:32 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to ksrow
Just for grins pull the access panel off of the front of the shower pan if you have one on your model. My siesta 24 sr does and I found my leak there. It has a hand tightened P trap connection and it was just barely screwed on so the water from the shower would run out from under the wall and into the living room. Simple fix worth the time and save a lot of mess and future damage.
ksrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor