Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #1

Anyone converted ACE tail lights to LED?

As others have I've replaced interior and bay lighting with LED's, and now I'd like to do the stop and tail lights. If anyone has done this what LED's did you use, did you have to add a resistor to prevent hyperflash on the turn signals, and are you happy with the results? Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine94 View Post
As others have I've replaced interior and bay lighting with LED's, and now I'd like to do the stop and tail lights. If anyone has done this what LED's did you use, did you have to add a resistor to prevent hyperflash on the turn signals, and are you happy with the results? Thanks in advance.
Most people convert the living area lights to LED to save on battery use, just curious why you need LED in the tail lights? I think the ones it came with are bright enough and if people can't see the big huge motorhome in front of them they have a problem!
Old 04-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #3

Kind of on the same subject... My wife just got a new car that has LED headlights, WOW they are amazing!!
Old 04-28-2014, 04:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3OHIO View Post
I think the ones it came with are bright enough
I don't.

I did find a solution. Command Electronics, the manufacturer of the OEM tail lights, makes an LED upgrade kit. Easy install and I'm very pleased with the results.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #5

"MOONSHINE94"
If you are only upgrading bulbs to LED, then go to this website; superbrightleds.com. They pretty much have every LED bulb you can think of, including automotive industry replacements and all you have to do is replace the bulb. Just have your bulb number handy.
Moskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #6

I added a LED light bar on the front and LED emergency flashers up high on the back for safety reasons. Put separate switches in for both. * Can You See Me Now ??? *LOL*
Ddono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskie View Post
"MOONSHINE94"
If you are only upgrading bulbs to LED, then go to this website; superbrightleds.com. They pretty much have every LED bulb you can think of, including automotive industry replacements and all you have to do is replace the bulb. Just have your bulb number handy.
I had looked at superbrightleds.com and that was where I learned that with their replacements I'd need to add a resistor to prevent hyperflash. Their solution would have been more expensive, and based on the design of their bulbs and our OEM tail lights, would not have worked as well. Their solution (LED's in a 360 degree cicle) is somewhat dependant on a reflector built in to the original lamp housing, and our OEM tail light housings do not have a reflector

Tags
lights