RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2017, 03:30 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Anyone own a Vegas class Class A RV?

Looking at Class A RV and was shown the smaller Vegas Class A RV. Are they pretty good. Anyone own one or the sister ships. I was also looking at the full size A.C.E. that looks good. Both are in my size range of less than 30 feet.

The Vegas does look like it is closer to the ground is that a problem?

Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2017, 03:32 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
More question

Whill the smaller tires be a problem?

Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #3

I would suggest going over to the Thor Forums there is a wealth of info over there on the Vegas.

Kev7
Kev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:13 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We own a Vegas 24.1 and love it . We have put 4000 miles on it since october.
Closer to the ground was only an issue once at a campground in Cape Cod that had raised sewer hook ups.
Poop does not flow up hill !
other than that no issues.
petewolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:10 AM   #5

We strongly considered the Vegas before purchasing an ACE 29.3. For us the deciding factors for the 29.3 were:

Heavier chassis
Leveling jacks
A little more room

What we gave up for the Ace:

Smaller footprint, easier to maneuver.
Some more money

Happy with the 29.3, but would probably have been happy with the Vegas as well. How you plan to use the RV may be the most important factor in deciding which would be best for you.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:52 AM   #6

Vegas

We love ours. Had some minor fit and finish issues but are happy overall.
Added a front end alignment, steering stabilizer, and Sumo springs which made a huge difference in handling. IMHO well worth the investment.
Kev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:09 AM   #7

I camped out next door to one back in November and visited with the owner a bit, she and her sister were traveling across the country in it, and were very happy with it. It was the 24.1 floorplan and I was impressed about how well the space was utilized, the low step in height was nice too. I have a 2002 Safari Trek model 2830 (29.5 ft actual length) and while mine is much more roomy inside thanks to the electro majic queen size bed that lift up into the living area ceiling there is certainly something to be said about optimized space on the Vegas. The show stopper for me on the Vegas / Axis line would be the short beds though. I think the longest main bed offered in any of the floor plans is 74 inches with end walls top and bottom.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:45 AM   #8

We looked at the Vegas / Axis when we were shopping, the bathroom / shower was too small. We bought an ACE 27.1 and it has worked out well for us, the only thing we don't like on the ACE is the toilet height but I remedied that bu making a slide-out step to replace the dog bowl thing. (our dogs wouldn't use it anyway)

rivraton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, class c, gas