Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2017, 07:47 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Aria 3601

We took delivery of a new 2017 Aria 3601 on March 28th and the first 8 weeks of ownership it was in the shop 5 weeks for things that should of been fixed under quality control check at the factory. We found 28 items like rubber seals torn, bed room tv not wired, drawers falling off tracks, cabinet doors wrapped to the point that they wouldn't close, holes in window screens, panel under bed not fastened, ends missing off night shades. Then on our first trip out it rained and all the storage bays leaked and everything we had in there got wet. Took it back to dealer and they said they fixed the leaks, but this time out it rained again and every Bay leaked again. Thor customer service is no help. Waste of time to contact them. Is anyone else experiencing leaking bays in the Aria 3601 or any other problems. I'd like to hear from you
dpavlosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2017, 02:03 AM   #2

I would setup an appointment at the factory to get these problems resolved. This is what I did My list was much longer and everything was resolved in a week. I have found Thor factory service very helpful unlike the dealer.
I do agree with you that coaches should not get out of the factory like this
Old 07-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #3

Does your overhead bunk sag down about an inch on the left side, and does it move sideways or is it tight in the tracks?

When running on batteries the gfi trips and will not reset, but when on 120 it works fine, what could be going on?

When hooked up to 120 the multiplex panel says charging, when on the road or running on batteries it says no charge, but the solar charger shows it is charging. Is this normal?
Teblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:36 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you pm me your phone number I'll give you a call to discuss leaking bays as I've had my share. It would be easier to describe on the phone than a lengthy post.
Dan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:42 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Friend of mine took delivery of a 2018 Aria 3601 last Thursday. Hit two rain storms and his storage bays leaked also. Could you post a solution or where the leaks were mostly found?

Otherwise just two cabinet door had to be adjusted, no other problems found during delivery.

Thanks

Don
Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:53 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan17 View Post
If you pm me your phone number I'll give you a call to discuss leaking bays as I've had my share. It would be easier to describe on the phone than a lengthy post.
Dan. My cell number is 410 212-1787. I'd be interested in how you solved the leaking bays issue that I'm having.

Thanks
Old 07-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teblues View Post
Does your overhead bunk sag down about an inch on the left side, and does it move sideways or is it tight in the tracks?

When running on batteries the gfi trips and will not reset, but when on 120 it works fine, what could be going on?

When hooked up to 120 the multiplex panel says charging, when on the road or running on batteries it says no charge, but the solar charger shows it is charging. Is this normal?
Teblues. I haven't had any of the issues you are describing with my Aria 3601
Old 07-04-2017, 06:00 PM   #8

I am glad you have not had any of these problems. I think I will have to make a trip to the factory to get things worked out. When I got mine, one bay leaked, and the u shaped latch on the frame had a spacer behind it. I took it out and no more water.
Teblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:10 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teblues View Post
I am glad you have not had any of these problems. I think I will have to make a trip to the factory to get things worked out. When I got mine, one bay leaked, and the u shaped latch on the frame had a spacer behind it. I took it out and no more water.
Teblues. I don't know why we should have to go to the factory to get these issues fixed. Why can't the dealers where we buy these things fix them. I sent a letter to Thor's CEO and of course he's not going to reply because as the saying goes, crap flows down hill, so he had a person in customer service contact me. Working with her to get these issues fixed but she doesn't have the authority to give me what I think is a resolution to my problems. It's just a way to pass the buck. I told her I should be compensated for all the time it's been in the shop and not being used and of course she said she couldn't do that. I have an appointment at the dealer for the third time to address these leaking bays on July 11th. I told her I wanted a factory rep to meet me there and of course her answer way, I doubt that will happen. This is the kind of service everyone who buys a Thor is looking forward to. They could care less about us once you take delivery and they get your money. I live in Maryland so why should I have to go to the expense of time and money to drive to Indiana? You know they are not going to compensate me for fuel and a place to stay while they are working on it. Sorry I ever bought their product. My last 3 class A's were Winnebago's and never had a problem. Should of stayed with them but I liked the inside layout of the Aria. Good luck with your issues.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:22 AM   #10

You dont have to go to the factory service center.

I think people do go there because they, feel it will be fixed better (dont trust the dealer), and/or feel it will be fixed in less time (another dealer issue).
wredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
You dont have to go to the factory service center.

I think people do go there because they, feel it will be fixed better (dont trust the dealer), and/or feel it will be fixed in less time (another dealer issue).

Wredman. When you go back to the dealer you're at their mercy. You make an appointment then it's a waiting game to get your unit back. I started giving them a date I wanted it back because we would be leaving for our next trip. I did not buy this unit to sit in the carport or at their yard. The Aria is a new model this year and I bet all the dealers technicians never went to school to learn how to deal with any of the issues that are associated with this new model. Very flustering when you pay the kind of money we pay for these units and we end up with these kind of issues.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Aria 3601

We took delivery of our unit mid May and have only put about 300 miles on it so far with no real issues.
We are heading out of our seasonal site next week for a 500 mile trip. We have not hit any rain, so I don't know if the storage bays leak, but will keep an eye out for it.
Only issue so far was the fireplace was plugged into the wrong (double receptacle) instead of the correct one (single). Because of this when the electric water heater started the TV would turn off instead of the fireplace. The TV and sound bar are to be plugged into the double receptacle and fireplace into the single. These are located behind the access door under the fireplace.
The design is to shut off the fireplace when the water heater starts up. One way around this is to plug all three into the double plug using a splitter. It is doubtful that all tv's and sound bars would be running at one time on this tv circuit. The fireplace draws around 12 amps on high. Other solution is to run propane water heater when you also want to run the fireplace.
Polishilldav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:45 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishilldav View Post
We took delivery of our unit mid May and have only put about 300 miles on it so far with no real issues.

We are heading out of our seasonal site next week for a 500 mile trip. We have not hit any rain, so I don't know if the storage bays leak, but will keep an eye out for it.

Only issue so far was the fireplace was plugged into the wrong (double receptacle) instead of the correct one (single). Because of this when the electric water heater started the TV would turn off instead of the fireplace. The TV and sound bar are to be plugged into the double receptacle and fireplace into the single. These are located behind the access door under the fireplace.

The design is to shut off the fireplace when the water heater starts up. One way around this is to plug all three into the double plug using a splitter. It is doubtful that all tv's and sound bars would be running at one time on this tv circuit. The fireplace draws around 12 amps on high. Other solution is to run propane water heater when you also want to run the fireplace.

Polishilldav. Thanks for the info on plugging the fireplace in. I found out about the electric hot water and fireplace being on the same circuit from the factory. I also found out the the induction stove top is on the same circuit as the washer. If you're using the washer and decide to cook something on the stove the washing machine will shut down. Now tell me how stupid is that and what moron designed that wiring diagram. And another issue is the tv over the fireplace. When we are sitting on the sofa watching it and turn it off or switch channels the tv in the cock pit comes on. If anyone else with a Aria 3601 has had this tv issue I'd like to hear about it.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:51 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Update on my friend's Aria 3601 he took delivery last week with leaking bays.
It was found on the drivers side in the propane compartment on right side of bay wall their was a gap in joint. The addition of silicone caulk from inside and a spray of undercoating in a can to area hopefully solved this one problem.

My friend paid to have two more solar panels installed to the factory one of same brand and type. They crossed the wire hook-up to controller resulting in a negative reading!!!!! We swapped the wires and all works well. So even with a simple solar panel install their are all types of mechanics.

From my experience with Thor service center over dealer, I will have Thor fix it. They know the coaches top to bottom and do their best to solve the problem.

Dealers only sell the units and their mechanics are general not specialized.

Good luck and safe travels
Don
Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote