Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2021, 12:10 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Axis/Vegas 24.1 Owners

Hello everyone. Wondering who owns the Thor Axis/Vegas 24.1 with the Twin bed. Would love to hear the pros and cons of this vehicle as we are looking at it. Also considering the Leisure Vans Unity, but its considerably more expensive. Any advice would be appreciated!
mt742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2021, 12:49 PM   #2

If having a hard time choosing, consider storage capability a factor. How much can either store without effecting the vehicles mpg too much? I'm not a big Thor fan, but I'd prefer any rig that has more room than less room.
ClassCLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 02:02 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
That’s a good tip. My worry is the workmanship of the Thor. Reviews aren’t great. My ideal rig would be the Leisure Travel Unity, but they are super pricey.
mt742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 02:24 PM   #4

I agree with you totally on being iffy about Thor. If you have to go that route to save $ though, perhaps an older Entegra Odyssey would be a better investment. Entegra was known for its integrity & well-built coaches even before it was gobbled up by Thor. Some RV brands under the Thor octopus have better reputations than others & Entegra is one of those.

I guess Unity Vans are too new to have older models for sale yet?
Old 05-01-2021, 04:16 PM   #5

Here is a link to a Axis/Vegas Facebook page.
No Thor haters.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1338...323/?ref=share

I have a 2017 Axis, but not your model.

If your handy, it will be a big benefit to owning one. We bought ours 1 year used so it was in pretty good shape.

We snowbird in it, for 6 month trips, in Florida and after 3 winters, we have fixed a few things but nothing that stopped our trips.

Its been the same kind of stuff we fix on our old house the rest of the year.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Here is a link to a Axis/Vegas Facebook page.
No Thor haters.

So stay out, ClassC Lass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I have a 2017 Axis, but not your model...
We snowbird in it, for 6 month trips, in Florida and after 3 winters, we have fixed a few things but nothing that stopped our trips.
That's great that you got a model built before the dangpanic hit. So you have a more solid coach that didn't suffer from the current production frenzy. It's true that most RV manufacturers are pushing out rushed product now, not just Thor. But Thor does seem to get more than its share of flack for it.

Glad you got a good one, TwinBoat.
Old 05-11-2021, 09:32 PM   #7

We just purchased our 2018 Axis 24.1 in March. We have not had any issues with it so far. We have access to the kitchen, bathroom and all storage with the slide in. And there's still enough room to be comfortable. We use the bed as a king, but like the option to use the twins if my husband takes the RV out for fishing trips with our son. We purchased a collapsible ottoman and have been using that more than the table. The slide needs to be out in order to set the table up. The ottoman also offers more storage and can be used with the slide in. There is no storage next to the passenger seat so I am working on that, but that's minor. The shower is small, but we met with another Axis 24.1 owner at a campground and he installed a larger shower frame and that seemed to make the shower feel bigger. We are really happy with our Axis 24.1.
Old 06-29-2021, 06:31 PM   #8

We picked up a 2021 Vegas 24.1 and it does indeed show workmanship issues.
Most of the issues are annoyances rather than problems. I will resolve most of them myself, since I have heard many stories of rigs in the shop for months with things just as bad when they come out.

From what I have seen, Thor is no worse than other brands, so I feel lucky we were able to get one.

We removed the twin mattresses, I installed a single plywood sheet and a memory foam king bed. Much more comfortable.

At some point I will post a list of all my mods and fixes.
Robert H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:52 PM   #9

Check out all the Axis/Vegas threads on Thor Forums. You will get a lot of specific information. We really enjoy our 2018 Axis 25.3. Being the 2nd owners, we don't know what the 1st owner fixed. Have some design complaints like the sewer door hinging down which is in the way of connecting the hose (paid $50 to have the door turned over). But quality seems normal.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/
Old 07-29-2021, 12:06 AM   #10

Happy Thor Axis 24.1 Owner

We've had our 2015 Axis 24.1 since June 2014, purchased new and had a few problems that were easy enough to resolve. Currently showing about 38K miles and have had no chassis issues. A few issues with workmanship on the coach were easily resolved and my wife and I have used it to travel extensively in the Eastern US.

We have the twin bed set-up and replaced the stock mattresses after the first overnight trip and we are completely happy with space and performance.

Good Luck!
curbmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:37 AM   #11
PB2

The floorplan in the Thor Vegas 24.1 really caught our eye - we like the 2 twins/king bed option in a small Class A. Winnebago makes a similar floorplan called the Via 25T. It's on a Mercedes (diesel) Sprinter chassis, and that's what we ended up buying.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:19 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
We have owned our 2018 Axis 25.2 for 2 months. My wife liked the slide straight out the back, as we have access to everything at rest stops without putting the slide out. The queen bed is fine, just have to climb in from the end. Minor fixes, cabinet and drawer latches, put in a digital thermostat, installed the AirFlow AC mod, and just put in a Nautilus shower door and got rid of the lousy curtain. This model also has the 36x36 shower, instead of the corner layout. It was hard to find this discontinued floor plan, had to pick it up in Ohio and drive it back to Florida.
Puterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:02 AM   #13

We have always liked the Vegas/Axis design. We wound up with the bigger truck chassis, but have been impressed with all the innovation and just how many features are included.
Old 09-18-2021, 05:28 AM   #14

2021 thor axix engine battery winterization

hello,

I am an owner of a 2021 vegas 24.1 and wonder how you are handling oil changes and engine battery winterization? Where is the engine battery? I do like diy oil changes but on this vehicle i do not see any access the engine past the horn? what are your thoughts?

Allen
zif001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas