Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #1

Axis-Vegas dumping made easy

I had some foam left over from foaming the engine cover, so used it to close up the opening where the sewer dumps. The foam is stiff and seems to have a tight hold on the ell and threads where the plug screwed into the bottom of the compartment. This makes the dumping process a little easier by not having to remove the compartment plug and rotate the elbow.

To install the foam, I used a manila file folder and fabricated a donut cone which served as a floor to keep the foam above the bayonet fittings and provide clearance to hook up the sewer hose. This permits the foam to lock into a few of the plug threads and should make for a long lasting fix. The foam is easy to trim and cut and would be easy to remove and replace if necessary for valve maint. etc.

Below is a picture of the foam around the dump ell. I went a little overboard with the foam as the stuff expands quite a bit, sometimes more than expected. I wish I had a picture of the bottom where the hose hooks up, but did not think of it in time. I can get a shot of it next time I am over at the parking lot if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0444.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	78428  
mcr1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #2

Thanks so much for sharing this! Input from other owners is so valuable, and there doesn't seem to be many of us out here yet.
axiscamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I see it, but I don't understand it. What problem were you trying to solve? I don't find dumping difficult in ours. Twist out the plug, swivel the elbow down a bit and connect the hose. Pretty simple! I use a clear 45 degree elbow to make the connection a bit easier.

Randy
groswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:30 AM   #4

As shown it eliminates having to remove the compartment plug and twist the elbow. The dump outlet stays in the correct position so you just remove the dump cap and hook the hose up. I just don't like fiddling with the extra steps to dump. Still looking for exterior hose storage idea.

BTW, have you come up with a exterior sewer hose storage plan?
Marshall
mcr1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It seems like it would eliminate a mouse entry point as well.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:08 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Marshall,

Thanks. Makes sense. I haven't done anything about storing the hose yet. I'm thinking probably a vinyl fence post under the rear bumper - if I can find paint to match the bumper.

Marshall's change won't stop mice. The whole back of the bay is open.

Randy
groswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yup it's really open but they have to jump up to get in them holes versus just walking up the hose and in.

Now for the rest of the story I did not see or think about the higher holes
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas