Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2017, 03:30 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bedroom Heat Vent

Our 2017 Thor Hurricane 29M has a vent that blows the heat to the bedroom. The problem I have is that it REALLY blows the heat back there and it gets way too warm vice the rest of the coach. Since we were on a short shakedown before putting it up I didn't notice any way to close or modify the amount of heat sent to the bedroom. Anybody else have that problem or a fix!
mihiggie62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihiggie62 View Post
Our 2017 Thor Hurricane 29M has a vent that blows the heat to the bedroom. The problem I have is that it REALLY blows the heat back there and it gets way too warm vice the rest of the coach. Since we were on a short shakedown before putting it up I didn't notice any way to close or modify the amount of heat sent to the bedroom. Anybody else have that problem or a fix!
Not sure if this well help, but I have the same issue with my center half bath and this does help.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CXBEWT4...98ZGHDQC&psc=1
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:16 PM   #3

I found this out too on a trip. I took the bezel off and cut the bottom out of a cottage cheese tub to the right size it would slide inside of the wall fitting
I cut a moon shape 1/2 out of the bottom of the tub to restrict it to half of the flow. Snap the bezel back on and you cant see the tub
Worked great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
mxtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:50 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
You can replace the vent with a dampered vent for about $8 bucks. I just replaced mine. There are previous post re this.
Sanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:54 AM   #5

many times the factory can accidentally leave wood cutouts and/or sawdust from the floor within the heat/ac ducting that can stop air flow... check all your mid and front ducts - if you remove the cover you can put your hand in there and see if anything is blocking them. Once all clear, the registers should all be more even in there distribution... although the register nearest the blower will probably always have more air flow - which is like ours in the bathroom, I cover it with a magnetic register cover you can find at Wmt or hardware stores.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 11:45 AM   #6

My similar issue was at the other end of the duct, at the front.

I installed a vent cover with a damper found on the shelf at Camping World, similar to the one linked above.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_20170114_184933.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	150116  
wredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:29 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the input. Will look into getting one of the dampers mentioned and also make sure the other vents are free and clear.
mihiggie62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, vent