Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2017, 05:11 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Best Cell coverage for Montana/Wyoming

For those who reside or travel through Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska area... Who has the best cell phone coverage. Around Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Park areas?

With that said, I know there are areas with no coverage due to the terrain but who is the best?

I currently have AT&T service but prior to it I had Verizon and in Florida Verizon is better in my opinion but I'm stuck in a contract and can't go back.

I want to buy a jetpack from one of the two providers once I get opinions for those on the forums who have firsthand experience in these areas.

Thanks in advance.

Adam1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Verizon by a long shot...
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:54 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have AT&T. Once I leave any distance off of I-25 once entering Wyoming I'm in trouble. Verizon is far better
Old 03-22-2017, 02:58 AM   #4

Took a trip last summer through that area and had significant reception problems with our AT&T phones. Resolved by buying a Verizon hotspot and working the phones via the hotspot. Used Skype for calling until we had AT&T service back. I now have Verizon phones
Old 03-22-2017, 05:27 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I live in Montana and had friends visiting and they had problems with AT&T. We prefer Verizon by far.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Thanks for all of the responses.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:33 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
AT&T vs Verizon in Wyoming, Montana, Idaho

I just got around to reviewing my options to change from AT&T to Verizon.

After reviewing the coverage map for AT&T is indicates coverage via third party.

Verizon map shows no coverage.

I am looking specifically at Grand Tetons/Yellowstone areas.

In order for me to switch I will have to pay out my phone contract of $900.00 (two I-phones 6) and early contract termination fee of $200 for the account. With a total of $1100.00 and Verizon promotion of buyback up to $400.00 per phone. If it worked out perfectly (nothing ever goes perfectly but lets think positive) I would have to pay out a net of $300.00 to switch.

Opinions or anyone who has been in this same situation? If so, what did you decide?

I am half way through my contract terms. I also have Directv and get a discount for bundling but I'm not too concerned about that as I plan on cancelling Directv next year. they are getting way too expensive.

Thanks.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:42 PM   #8

I did something similar 2 years ago when I switched from AT&T to T mobile. They paid my early termination fees and phone charges. I had to pay AT&T and then 8 weeks later I got reimbursed by T mobile. Sounds similar. I like T mobile for its no contract and for its wi/fi calling. I am going to the same area the first part of June and all I need is public wi/fi for my calling if cell coverage is a problem. That is my plan anyways. I let you know how it works out.
rdd001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:00 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I have Verizon and I have wifi calling on my iPhone. As for coverage, they all have strong spots and dead spots, but it is generally agreed that Verizon has the superior coverage in the majority of places.

Do not be swayed by the coverage maps that the carriers publish as they are very inaccurate and misleading in many instances. If a particular place is important to you (such as your home or business) the only way to be sure is to walk the premises with that provider's phone in your hand.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana