Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2015, 09:25 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Blown fuse?

I'm about to blow 1. I put the engine battery in. Engine starts. Put the coach batteries in, nothing works besides the radio. no slide, no awning. What should I be looking at?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2015, 10:54 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am not familiar with your coach,
Do you have a House Disconnect switch? Make sure it is in the "ON" position.
Then check that you have 12V on both sides of the switch.
There is usually a 300 or 400 amp fuse in the battery compartment.
Check the fuse....12V on both sides.
Hopefully you have a DVM or a 12V test light.

Dan
Old 05-26-2015, 03:56 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
The radio only works when the House Switch is "ON". The radio works, nothing else.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:46 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What have you checked?
Do you have a volt meter?
Hopefully you confirmed if you have a 12V Inside switch which turns off the 12V lights in the coach...
What does your test panel show for house battery voltage?

To solve this you need to go through a process of elimination.
Do you have the ability to check voltages in your 12v system?

Dan
Old 05-26-2015, 07:54 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Thank you dpinvidic for the reply. I don't know why but it all works today. Checked panel, full charge, tried the lights, they worked, the slide works, what happened I'm not sure. Now I just have to do is figure out why the genset won't start, not even crank.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:11 PM   #6

Was the engine running or the key turned while you tried these? Neither the slide or awning will work when the engine is running.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #7

There is a battery control center on the firewall. Big black box on the right. There is a manual reset in it, remove the cover on lower left. This will kick if house batteries are low. Don't know if it can automatically reset. There is also a reset switch on the generator. Lower right side, also can trip due to low battery. Manual reset required.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:47 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Yes, my BAD. Engine running.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:59 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMEKiki View Post
Thank you dpinvidic for the reply. I don't know why but it all works today. Checked panel, full charge, tried the lights, they worked, the slide works, what happened I'm not sure. Now I just have to do is figure out why the genset won't start, not even crank.
On my 2012 Daybreak, sometimes the Schwintek slide system and also the awning would occasionally quit working and then for some unknown reason would start working again. The last time this happened I checked the power at the awning switch and had none. The slide control box lights indicated I had a low battery even though they were fully charged. I used a test light on the 12 volt power input to the control box and test light was really dim. Long story short, I finally tracked the problem down to the 12 circuit breakers located on a plate attached to the battery control center (under the hood on the driver's side firewall).. The circuit breaker for the awning was bad and wasn't letting any power through. The breaker next to it was the one for the rear slide. Apparently it was losing power through it. (They are supposed to automatically reset, but didn't ). Got some new breakers at Napa for a few dollars each and all is good now.
gman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:21 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Love a good ending to a story. Yours is a good ending to love!

Rick Y

Tags
fuse