Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #1

Can levelers be installed on an Axis?

We are looking at a new Axis. No levelers seem to come on either the Vegas or the Axis. Can they be installed on these motorhomes? I would like to hear from any Axis or Vegas owners who have had them installed. Tom MO
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I looked at the Axis/Vegas units just out of curiosity...found they are very innovative and look to be a new segment that fits inbetween Class A's and the B+...and much better than the narrow Sprinter based C's.

What I discovered is that these models are NOT riding on the F53 RV chassis from Ford (like every other modern gas powered Class A). The chassis is a E-series stripped chassis, so it would share more in common with a Class C on a E-Series cab/chassis...

So to locate a leveling system for these RV's I would look a system that fits that chassis, like:
http://www.hwh.com/ml44100m5f5_mh_bc.html

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:06 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cool

tomarn49,
Here is some info on the leveling system I am interested on installing on our Axis 24.1.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BigFoot_Auto_Leveling(Quadra).pdf (299.1 KB, 344 views)
File Type: pdf Quadra_E-450_INSTALL_LOCATIONS.pdf (243.4 KB, 200 views)
File Type: pdf Quadra_E1-12.pdf (102.4 KB, 123 views)
File Type: pdf Quadra_E1-14.pdf (37.4 KB, 111 views)
sikorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:16 PM   #4

We had HWH levelers installed on our new Vegas 25.2, and after 5 weeks on the road are very pleased. They clatter some when they unfold to use and fold to store, but they will raise the wheels off the ground before they reach the limit. We had Bigfoot on our previous coach and it would also lift the coach off the wheels.
HWH doesn't require the sacrifice of a storage bay for the apparatus. That to me was a big plus.
We've been in plenty of campgrounds that were far from level, and dry camp in parking lots and friend's driveways quite often. My spouse and I have different sleep patterns, so it is nice to reduce the bouncing when one is sleeping and one is moving around. We were spoiled by having levelers on our class A coach.
Mr Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:43 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mr. Sunshine,

Great post and thanks for contributing.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
We had HWH levelers installed on our new Vegas 25.2, and after 5 weeks on the road are very pleased. They clatter some when they unfold to use and fold to store, but they will raise the wheels off the ground before they reach the limit. We had Bigfoot on our previous coach and it would also lift the coach off the wheels.
HWH doesn't require the sacrifice of a storage bay for the apparatus. That to me was a big plus.
We've been in plenty of campgrounds that were far from level, and dry camp in parking lots and friend's driveways quite often. My spouse and I have different sleep patterns, so it is nice to reduce the bouncing when one is sleeping and one is moving around. We were spoiled by having levelers on our class A coach.
Do you mind if I ask what the total cost installation and all for your leveler package totaled up to? I'm considering the same option.
Oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:38 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would think it is possible considering the coach is build on a modified E series chassis just like a class C. Plenty of class C's rolling down the road with them.

I did a driveway install of a manual single pump Quadra system three years ago on my Hurricane 31D. All up cost me right around $3000 for material and to hire a mobile welder to install the mounts the jacks and pump bolt too. Just call Quadra and tell them what you have and they will give the options to work your budget into.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, levelers