Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2022, 04:33 AM   #15
Lkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Is it true that the Tilt-a-View bed has to be folded up before slides can be brought in? Seems like a PIA extra step to me. Keeps me from buying another Challenger.
Yes it is true but it is no big deal. It gives you a warning each time to do it before moving slides
Lkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2022, 04:39 AM   #16
Lkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdb View Post
I have a deal in play but I don't think I am going with it. $199,999 out the door, that's with TAX, warranties, and everything for a 2022 37FH I think that is a lot for me, what do you think about the price? is this high?
We paid way less than that for our 2020 37FH but times and pricing have changed. I would avoid any Thor product! They talk a big customer service game but do not deliver. With less than 8,000 miles our seat material has all deteriorated and we have had to replace it. After a bunch of hassle and I mean a lot Thor agreed to replace the driver and front passenger seats only, they would not replace the love seat or dinette seating. We took out the LS and put in an all leather electric and are taking out the dinette seating next. The 37FH is a great floor plan but Thor does not build quality.
Lkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 03:12 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkh View Post
We paid way less than that for our 2020 37FH but times and pricing have changed. I would avoid any Thor product! They talk a big customer service game but do not deliver. With less than 8,000 miles our seat material has all deteriorated and we have had to replace it. After a bunch of hassle and I mean a lot Thor agreed to replace the driver and front passenger seats only, they would not replace the love seat or dinette seating. We took out the LS and put in an all leather electric and are taking out the dinette seating next. The 37FH is a great floor plan but Thor does not build quality.
Sorry to hear you had this problem on your 2020 Thor. I thought this was corrected somewhere around 2018, evidently not. Our 2016 Thor started peeling earlier this year. Just completed reupholster of two captains chairs and dinette last month, labor and material was $1,600. We had previously replaced the couch with power recliners for comfort reasons not peeling.Tires are our next opportunity as they are approaching 7 years.
Old 08-30-2022, 03:55 AM   #18

Seats peeling isn't just a Thor thing, it's common on alot of brands of coaches in those 20-teen years.
Mkayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkayers View Post
Seats peeling isn't just a Thor thing, it's common on alot of brands of coaches in those 20-teen years.

True, I have seen it in several brands when shopping used coaches. Surprised that it still persists in 2020 coaches. Took 5 years to appear in my 2015, had 23K miles on it at the time. Took 5 years to appear in my 2016 also at 19k miles. My coaches are stored inside, maybe ones in sunlight go bad sooner?
Old 09-02-2022, 07:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkman View Post
We are considering a Challenger 37 FH class A. Are there any owners out there that can provide some feedback on their rigs or any other Challenger model?

Thanks
We purchased a new 2022 35 MQ last June. Had some quality issues with interior finish that we had to get fixed.
1. Leaking shower bed missing silicone
2. vinyl floor lifting when heater was on, caused by unfilled holes in plywood underlay.
3. Front engine hood opening while driving. Very dangerous needed lock adjustment.
4. Bed above front seats needed some screws replaced around frame.
5. Some drawer latches needed adjustment.
6. Basement doors were poorly adjusted which caused paint chipping when opening and closing. Required body work to repair

All these items were taken care of by our local RV repair shop and the dealer paid for the repairs however I still had to pay for some upgrades to the F 53 handling situation which was better than my previous Coachmen but still required improvement due to side sway. I added SaftyPlus bar on front end and tracking bar on rear as well as 4 Sumo shocks to replace the Ford brand. These ade a big difference no white knuckled driving.

One year later we have just encountered an issue with passenger slide not working and I have had to reset the sincronization twice in the last weeks use. Also the waste water tank level guages have never been accurate.

Finally there was a call back on rear end for all F 53 Ford RV which was taken care of by the Ford dealer the first month we owned it but in doing so they screwed up the Tone rings which caused loss of ABS and Cruise control. Fixed now. but lots of down time last summer because of it.

From what I have read about buying a new RV these issues or similar ones are common and it is up to the buyer to be aware and ask questions and inspect before signing on the dotted line. Lesson learned the hard way. Hope this helps.
Island Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 08:32 AM   #21

Tilt the bed up is a must before putting in the rears slides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
is it true that the tilt-a-view bed has to be folded up before slides can be brought in? Seems like a pia extra step to me. Keeps me from buying another challenger.
bed must be tilted up to fit>
bobalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 09:34 AM   #22

Any updates, did you purchase the 37FH or something else.?
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 05:44 AM   #23

We have a 2022 35MQ We like the layout and comfort. V8 is very good compared to the V10 from our older rig. But we went through some Call back and quality issues upon receiving the motorhome that took some time to iron out. Lots of little things that their quality team missed. Not sure they have a quality team and I think they rely on the dealers too much for final inspection. Don't let anyone tell you a Ford F53 chassis drives nice on these big rigs. Get the upgrades "Rear track bars" Sumo bumper shocks" and Safe T Plus. Or buy A Diesel because most Gas rigs are Ford F 53 Chassis. All that to say that when all is done we enjoy this vehicle.
Island Time is offline   Reply With Quote