Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2021, 07:51 AM   #15

It appears as though my thread title may be correct. Dug deeper into the cabinet last night and found this. It appears to run to the fridge on the right, but is attached to nothing on the left. Looks like Thor didn't bother to plumb the fridge and my good for not much dealer didn't catch it when they were prepping the coach for shipment to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water line2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	323390   Click image for larger version

Name:	water line3.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	323391  

Click image for larger version

Name:	water line.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	323392  
Pointerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2021, 09:10 AM   #16

Grand Design Owners Club
Challenger with no water to fridge

So the ice maker line is attached to the fridge but not to the blue cold water pex line? There is no stub out with a valve coming off the blue pex under the sink?

At least if it’s connected to the fridge it’s easy enough to insert a stub out with a valve off the blue pex.

Agree. The dealer should have caught that. Amazing
Kluffinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluffinator View Post
So the ice maker line is attached to the fridge but not to the blue cold water pex line? There is no stub out with a valve coming off the blue pex under the sink?

At least if it’s connected to the fridge it’s easy enough to insert a stub out with a valve off the blue pex.

Agree. The dealer should have caught that. Amazing
Exactly as you stated. Someone forgot to go over their check list.
Pointerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:57 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So I checked for my shut off valve and was happy to find one where you said it would be. My joy quickly faded when I saw no line connected to it. I found a line tucked amongst the wires, but grew disgusted upon finding neither end connected to the fridge. Chalk it up to additional lack of Thor QC and dealer incompetence. I don’t know if I will take it in, fix myself or do without fridge water. Not happy today.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:14 PM   #19

Grand Design Owners Club
Yep. The dealer should have caught them when they did their PDI. Starting to feel pretty fortunate that my dealer was so thorough but even so I’m finding a few things that were missed.
Kluffinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:25 AM   #20

Angry Same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluffinator View Post
Your post got me curious. I found my ice maker valve behind the pot and pan drawer under the cooktop.

Much more accessible than pulling the refrigerator out.

Not sure how much your floor plan varies from mine but I would have to think it’s a standard Challenger factory setup to put the valve in line between the kitchen sink and refrigerator
I have the same issue. Just made first stop after picking up our new Thor Challenger , no water to frig and can’t find the valve . That is amazing that I have to remove the frig! If so I will modify when arriving home . Also found out that the two roof too a/c’s are inadequate to cool during the day . Frustrating .
med2055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 01:58 PM   #21

I have a 2017 37YT and first year new I had the valve on the back of fridge freeze up.

Not wanting to take it in I pulled out the fridge. Honestly it was not that hard. I did it by myself. I did take a couple 2x4's and a small piece of plywood and made a little tray that the fridge pulled out onto to keep it level and not damage my floor. worked great.

I don't recall removing trip but there are some brackets to secure it and I did remove the doors which was not that hard as it made accessing brackets easier.

I did locate the shut off valve early on when realized valve on fridge cracked and it was under the sink laying on the floor so I could shut off water easily.

I have not turned it back on in 3 years as didn't want to hassle with winterizing and fear of freeze up again.

Mine was a early build on this new 37YT floor plan and I have had alot of repairs.
Bakeryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 06:08 AM   #22

Mine was never connected….try to reach the line you see and pull…after connecting a have a water leak at refrigerator connection …saving for warranty
Old 11-13-2021, 06:11 AM   #23

Same thing on my 2021 Challenger …be careful if you connect. I had a leak at frig after a few minutes
Old 11-13-2021, 06:31 AM   #24

Sorry to here lines not connected. On our first night driving home after buying rv new in 2017 in Illinois we had water come from bathroom sinks across floor. Come to find out Thor totally botched the drain plumbing. I had them send me the schematic and sent them photos of mine and totally wrong. I fixed myself but that was the first of many fixes. Disappointing to hear they still have issues on simple stuff. I like the rv and it is our second Thor challenger. First one was Damon in 2003 new and after first punch list it never had to go back to dealer for repairs in 14 years we had it. Had some minor fixes and upgrades but no major issues.

Good luck on your repairs
Bakeryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:24 AM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky1 View Post
So I checked for my shut off valve and was happy to find one where you said it would be. My joy quickly faded when I saw no line connected to it. I found a line tucked amongst the wires, but grew disgusted upon finding neither end connected to the fridge. Chalk it up to additional lack of Thor QC and dealer incompetence. I don’t know if I will take it in, fix myself or do without fridge water. Not happy today.
Following up: I had to take the coach in to fix dash AC, so had them connect the water line to fridge. I was very relieved to find they did a great job and you can’t tell the fridge was ever moved. After 8 weeks and two long trips there were no leaks. I drink a lot of water and it is nice to use a convenience feature we paid for. Oh, I also just winterized and it was very easy. Remember to remove the fridge filter or the pink stuff will just clog it before running through the lines.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:04 AM   #26

I am surprised that Thor has not instituted a function test for coaches coming off the assembly lines. I worked for a upper end mobile/modular home manufacturer. Each home was temporarily set together and utilities hooked up. The major systems were checked for proper function. Saved many problems from getting to the field and provided instant feedback to the production department. Motor homes being self contained would make it possible to check all systems quite easily. Once a check list is generated it should be able to be performed in 4 hours or so per coach. Even if every coach was not checked, at least one per day would help.

If the cost of this was offered as an option, I would pay for it when purchasing a new coach.

Mobile home manufacturers, in general, relied on their dealers to correct issues as the RV industry does now. This seldom worked out well.

At the factory I was at, 6 people were able to function test 6 double wides (12 sections) per 8 hour shift. Cost was under $400 per home. I guess you could test a motor home for around $200-400.

Tags
fridge, water