Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #1

Citation SPRINTER / Siesta SPRINTER

Looking at these two coach models on Thor website there doesn't seem to be much difference, if any, other than the three floor plans offered.

Anybody have any ownership experiences to report on either model?
Thanks,
Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #2

We had a sprinter based unit . Great unit, drove well, easy to get around in. Problem was fuel tank size. 26 gallons will have you looking for fuel well before 200 miles.

I have no info on your actual question! Just wanted to point out that your range will likely be less than you have now.

We have had many rv's , class a, b,c and all towables. Now in class a dp. Again, liked sprinter for what it was, but range was big problem for us. ( also, did not have enough power to get up most hills without slowing too much )

Just
tvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvolk View Post
We had a sprinter based unit . Great unit, drove well, easy to get around in. Problem was fuel tank size. 26 gallons will have you looking for fuel well before 200 miles.

I have no info on your actual question! Just wanted to point out that your range will likely be less than you have now.

We have had many rv's , class a, b,c and all towables. Now in class a dp. Again, liked sprinter for what it was, but range was big problem for us. ( also, did not have enough power to get up most hills without slowing too much )
THANKS for your reply! I'm aware of the limited fuel capacity, but was assuming at 12MPG to go almost 300 miles before filling was necessary. I don't like to run my 75 gallon tank below 1/2 full, so I'm used to stopping every 250 miles or so with the current gas hog. I need to stretch my legs more often as I get older, anyway.

I'm hoping to hear from more Sprinter owners, especially some with the newer BlueTEC 3.0L V-6 / 3500 chassis. I'm already worried we won't be able to downsize this much, but looking for some way to afford the fuel to continue traveling like we have in the past (10Kmiles+ / yr.)
Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I'm hoping to hear from more Sprinter owners, especially some with the newer BlueTEC 3.0L V-6 / 3500 chassis. I'm already worried we won't be able to downsize this much, but looking for some way to afford the fuel to continue traveling like we have in the past (10Kmiles+ / yr.)
Ed
Ed:
We currently have a Forest River Solera Sprinter with the V-6 BlueTec engine. Ours has a full overhead bunk, and probably sacrifices some MPG due to greater wind loading. That being said, I am now regularly getting 15+ MPG without a toad. Engine needs breaking in and you won't get best mileage until 4-5000 miles are on the clock. I regularly drive 275 miles between fills. There are several good smartphone apps you can use to find fuel stops. Our in the plains states I usually start looking to fill at around 225 miles (fewer and further between!!). Like an earlier post, I don't like to drive non-stop much more than 300 mile anyway!

Picking up our new Thor Palazzo tomorrow!!!
taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #5

We have a winnebago via on the sprinter 3500 chassis. We downsized from a winnebago tour 40 footer. Love the sprinter chassis and am getting 16 mpg consistently. Power to weight ratio is much better than our Tour even though it had a Isl 400.
gmanatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ed,

We had a 2006 Winnebago View from 8/2005 to 02/2012, it was the 5-cylinder diesel. Now we have a 2012 Navion iQ, it has the V6 diesel. We have alway had a toad. Range for both is easily over 200 miles even with a toad. We have gone up a few hills that have slowed us down a bit, but some had us passing larger rigs, even DP's, as we did it. Not a problem from our perspective. The extra power with the V6 is nice, mpg isn't much different.

Like they used to say, "ask a man who owns one." I think that was a Packard thing, before my time
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote