Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Factory service

Have some wty problems that we would prefer be handled by Thor. If you had work done recently how did you go about setting it up? Scream or just asking was good enough? Email or phone request? Did they get it done right and are you happy? All pointers appreciated. We have been there before but got handed off to a local shop and it didn't go well, ie problem was not fixed.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2015, 10:28 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You have a 2015 Challenger 37KT. Is there a reason your local Thor Dealer can not or is unable to do the job?.
You will need to make an appointment. Contact Us - Thor Industries, Inc.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:46 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
You have a 2015 Challenger 37KT. Is there a reason your local Thor Dealer can not or is unable to do the job?.
You will need to make an appointment. Contact Us - Thor Industries, Inc.
OK you asked. We are on a ten month US borders trip and really don't want to sit at any dealer for a month waiting for parts, plus wty runs out while we are on the road so short of driving a couple thousand miles out of our way returning to selling dealer/CW is way to expensive.. Two problems IMO are beyond most any dealers capability. Worst one is floor is buckled down the centerline from doghouse to kitchen. It's like 4x8 panels used with seam in middle vs full width sheet. Due to gap at sidewall transition to roof on both sides - it looks like wall dropped down. Also some chassis floor support pillars in the rear do not touch the floor. Shower needs complete remove and reinstall. After shower lots of water standing along top edge of basin. Panel pulling away from wall. Shower door crooked and won't close properly. Shower leaks. Shower drain backs up once in a while when kitchen sink drains. Floor flexes around drain pipe bending stressing pipe and joints. Plus a number of more minor issues we discovered on the road that any dealer probably can fix.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Try Steve Reed, Service Coordinator, at sreed@tmcrv.com or 574-584-2120. Though theoretically, you should start with TMC Customer Care at (877) 855-2867; then once you are authorized, you'll probably end up with Steve setting you up. Last I heard, they have set up a second factory service center at the Wakarusa plant, so they should have much more availability than before.

We've been to the Elkhart service center four times, for warranty work on two different coaches, and always left more than satisfied. Good luck!
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
I just filled out the contact us form and listed all the major problems. Now I wait.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
I just filled out the contact us form and listed all the major problems. Now I wait.
I agree with everything Crabby Mike had to say, I have been to Thor Customer Service several times with my last two Thor diesel coaches including a total front cap change out due to hitting a deer with my Palazzo. I am scheduled for a warranty visit on the 20th of April for my new Tuscany. If you do not hear anything from the contact form please send an email to; Nesa Wilson <nwilson@tmcrv.com> who monitors the contact forms. Nesa is a really nice lady and she will get you set up with an appointment. Steve Reed actually manages the appointment schedule but Nesa will coordinate with Steve.

I spoke to Steve a couple of weeks ago and he told me that the new service facility is spooling up and they are sending selected coaches to the new facility but it will be a month or two before they are at 100%.

In my experience Thor Customer Service is great and your issues will be resolved with in a couple of days. Most people are in and out in less than 3-5 days.

Good luck and let us know how things go?
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:07 AM   #7

I was at the service facility a couple of weeks ago to get a myriad of issues fixed. The work was great and everything has been great since (been living in the RV on an extended trip which started with a trip to the factory service center). If you're having an issue that you don't think can be solved by a local place, the service center is the place to go!
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:28 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
OK you asked. We are on a ten month US borders trip and really don't want to sit at any dealer for a month waiting for parts, plus wty runs out while we are on the road so short of driving a couple thousand miles out of our way returning to selling dealer/CW is way to expensive.. Two problems IMO are beyond most any dealers capability. Worst one is floor is buckled down the centerline from doghouse to kitchen. It's like 4x8 panels used with seam in middle vs full width sheet. Due to gap at sidewall transition to roof on both sides - it looks like wall dropped down. Also some chassis floor support pillars in the rear do not touch the floor. Shower needs complete remove and reinstall. After shower lots of water standing along top edge of basin. Panel pulling away from wall. Shower door crooked and won't close properly. Shower leaks. Shower drain backs up once in a while when kitchen sink drains. Floor flexes around drain pipe bending stressing pipe and joints. Plus a number of more minor issues we discovered on the road that any dealer probably can fix.

Ugh, another Thor mess. Seems like they just throw these things together to make a sale? Pretty on the outside, ugly underneath.

Sorry to hear your problems.

Hope you can get some resolution.
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:27 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
OP here: apt set 5/18. Now to see some of NE USA between now and then.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:23 AM   #10

Quote:
OP here: apt set 5/18. Now to see some of NE USA between now and then.
Super! Let us know how your visit to Thor turns out? Safe travels!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:10 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Ugh, another Thor mess. Seems like they just throw these things together to make a sale? Pretty on the outside, ugly underneath..
My Fleetwood and Winnebago were arguably just as pretty, and had MUCH uglier issues, (a transmission, R&R the entire rear fiberglass endcap), than my new Thor.
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service