Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Factory Warranty?

Somewhat of a dumb question... I am a new owner of a 2013 USED Ace 29.2. What is the "standard" factory warranty on these units? I am having dash AC issues (sub standard cooling) and didn't know if I could use factory warranty or utilize the extended warranty card.

Thanks everyone...appreciate the help.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
First check that the heater is completely shut down. Many poor cooling issues are because the coolant is still flowing through the heater core.
Then call Thor and ask. It could be under chassis maker warranty, RV maker, or your extended warranty.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #3

I was told by Ford (when I was in having a warranty thing looked at) that they (Ford) would be responsible if it was the dash air, they would look at it. I have a similar issue, sometimes it doesn't seem to work as well as it should.. Ford looked at it while i had it in, and it worked fine when they had it. Since then, I have questioned it working properly, but it hasn't been a big enough inconveniance to worry about.
Thorchini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks guys. I will follow your recommendations. I am also calling Camping World with the same questions as they are the ones who sold the unit new. It is hitting 105+ degrees now and when I was driving it yesterday with a thermometer in the vent, it was lucky to cool at 70 degrees. If I came to a stop, it immediately jumped to 80+. I know it cools better under driving conditions, but it just doesn't seem to work efficiently. The DW came up with a curtain solution to minimize the area to cool (it's just us two with our furry friend) that we put up behind the cockpit area.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:26 PM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
A temperature drop of 35º sounds like it's working pretty good to me! The dash air won't cool the whole coach, you'll have to run the generator and rooftop air too. The curtain idea is one many have employed to reduce area cooled.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #6

Air

If you are using the A/C position you are cooling outside air. If you have the Max position it will use the interior air only and do a much better job.
Leland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Excellent point Leland....and now that I think back, I believe I had it the the AC position. I thought the two positions were just the opposite. I will try it again in the max position to check the difference.