Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2021, 07:50 AM   #1

Four Winds 28z 2021

Any feedback on this unit or brand ?
Rving21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2021, 08:38 AM   #2

I have a thor 28h. Exact unit as 28z. It is CW freedom elite version of this motorhome. I bought it used, it is a 2015. The only unit to fit my budget and floorplan I could find during covid. I have not put it to a lot of use but I am happy with it. On the 2015 unit one complaint i have is the black water drain valve is on the other side of the rig. It did not have fantastic fan except in bath. Not a bad unit so far. I hope to start putting it to the test more.
frank1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:34 PM   #3

We have a 2017 Four Winds 31L. Absolutely love the brand. No issues so far on quality. Bought it last July with 1,500 miles on it. Don't think it had ever been slept in. Mattress still had the plastic on it. We've taken 4 trips, just passed 5,000 miles, and couldn't be happier with it.
kmetz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:51 AM   #4

28z

We purchased a 2021 28z this year and have about 3,000 miles on it

It's a pretty good unit so far. Typical fit and finish issues with a new unit, especially with it being manufactured during the Covid RV boom.

We miss the extra floor space from our towable Tracer 267, but definitely pleased with the purchase.

We have the theater seating as opposed to folding sofa. I would prefer the sofa for another sleeping option for kids and storage underneath.

Rear storage is cavernous and you'll love the access doors on 3 sides. It has the plastic catches for the storage doors, as opposed to magnetic catches :(

It's the F53 strip chassis platform. Plenty of power with the new V8. Same old cabin interior. Passenger seat does not recline much with the theater seat directly behind it

Immediately after purchase
- rekeyed all exterior locks
- bought a spare tire (there's a recessed well in rear storage)
- installed good wiper blades
- added vent covers
- installed TPMS
- wired a marine-style cigar lighter outlet to rear storage for a electric cooler
- added LED strip lighting to rear storage

Hope that's helpful for you.
Wilhuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
four winds, wind