Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just purchased a 2007 Windsport model 31H. My wife and I have almost 40 years of RVing experience. This is our first class A, so we're pretty excited about our coach. We fell in love with the floor plan of our motorhome.

It seems that I am having problems with my two slides. The front slide (dinette & refrigerator) moves very slowly and makes alot of "rubberish" squeaking noises. The inside rubber seal,on top of the slide, has a twist in it. Every time I straighten the seal, it re-twists.

The rear slide (queen bed) is not completely sealing on the outside against the side of the motorhome. The slide retracts completely, yet there is a half inch gap along the outside upper horizontal seal. Their is also a gap down the outside top one foot of the vertical seals along the sides of the slide.

I adjusted the "stops" under the bed, but this did not solve the problem.

I'm scheduled to take my Windsport in to the dealer where I bought it to resolve these problems. After reading about Mike Thompson's RV Center's (Sante Fe SPrings) department on other forums, I am very worried. I do not know of another Four Winds Windsport warranty service center that is close to my home. I live in Santa Clarita, CA (near Magic Mountain).

Any suggestions for my slide problem and upcoming service and warranty repair are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just purchased a 2007 Windsport model 31H. My wife and I have almost 40 years of RVing experience. This is our first class A, so we're pretty excited about our coach. We fell in love with the floor plan of our motorhome.

It seems that I am having problems with my two slides. The front slide (dinette & refrigerator) moves very slowly and makes alot of "rubberish" squeaking noises. The inside rubber seal,on top of the slide, has a twist in it. Every time I straighten the seal, it re-twists.

The rear slide (queen bed) is not completely sealing on the outside against the side of the motorhome. The slide retracts completely, yet there is a half inch gap along the outside upper horizontal seal. Their is also a gap down the outside top one foot of the vertical seals along the sides of the slide.

I adjusted the "stops" under the bed, but this did not solve the problem.

I'm scheduled to take my Windsport in to the dealer where I bought it to resolve these problems. After reading about Mike Thompson's RV Center's (Sante Fe SPrings) department on other forums, I am very worried. I do not know of another Four Winds Windsport warranty service center that is close to my home. I live in Santa Clarita, CA (near Magic Mountain).

Any suggestions for my slide problem and upcoming service and warranty repair are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:01 AM   #3

I had a problem with my slides; if I close or open one slide, another will open or close a little. The service team knew what was wrong due to other Hurricane that came in with the same problem. The hydraulic cables were not in the proper space. It's work well now. After I noticed that the service did not fill the reservoir back up with Hydraulic fluid. So my recommendation is after the work is done on you rig check the slides open and close, but also check the level of hydraulic fluid yourself. Run the slides several times.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:51 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mylife,
Thanks for the information. I will check the hydalic fluid level. Do you know if this hydalic resevoir also supplies the Equalizer self leveling system?

I'm not sure if my front slide is electric or hydralic.

I know that my rear (bed) slide is electric. There's a motor that turns two shafts with gears. This is the slide that doesn't seal along the outside top edges of the motorhome. I fear that rain and moisture will get behind the "seal" and invade the walls of the motorhome.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:38 AM   #5

Hrudey- My leveling jacks and slides operate with hydralic. according to the service team no electri.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #6

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Hrudy, best take it back to the dealer and get the rear bed slide fix. Last thing you want is water damage
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:22 AM   #7

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Sorry , mean to say Hrudey
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george henry:
Sorry , mean to say Hrudey </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's OK ... If you look off to the right on the bottom of the pane you will see 3 icons. a folder with a " (quote), a folder and eraser and a tringle with a !. If you select your post and click on the "middle icon" you will enter into an edit mode. You can then make changes to your post and save the changes! Tada!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #9

Dont know if it helps but my bedroom slide(pretty sure its the same as yours)came off the track.It didnt make a horrorfying noise like you would think.My dealer pointed it out to me.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hrudey:
Mylife,
Thanks for the information. I will check the hydalic fluid level. Do you know if this hydalic resevoir also supplies the Equalizer self leveling system?

I'm not sure if my front slide is electric or hydralic.

I know that my rear (bed) slide is electric. There's a motor that turns two shafts with gears. This is the slide that doesn't seal along the outside top edges of the motorhome. I fear that rain and moisture will get behind the "seal" and invade the walls of the motorhome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
All of your slides/levelers should be hydraulic...After a terrible first service experience at McMahon's, I found a gem in J&L RV. They are an independent (family owned) service provider and will treat you like a valued customer. Might be somewhat of a drive for you, but the job will be done right. I have found that a good service dept. is invaluable and hard to find.

2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
socal114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:21 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the information, I sent them an email to see if they are a warranty service center for my Four Winds motorhome.

I believe that this is the JandL RV service provider that you mentioned.

JandL RV Service 909-429-2117 l 534 S. Glendora Ave l Glendora, CA 91741

http://www.jandlrvrepair.com/index.php
Old 03-31-2007, 07:33 AM   #12

They have moved to Fontana. Their new phone # is (909)429-2194. They are in fact a factory recommended service provider and specialize in slide fabrications. I would give Joe (owner) a call and explain your situation. He has ordered parts for me based on my explanation of a problem and doesn't have me bring my coach in until the parts are on hand. None of this "coach sits for a week not being worked on" crap. They can do all of your warranty work/punch list fixes. I have a feeling it would be worth the drive...

2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
socal114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:06 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They sound like a good RV service center. I'll give them a call and see what Joe has to say.

Thanks for your help/
Hrudey