Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2022, 03:48 PM   #1

Green "LED" Chassis Light at the Door

I have tried to "search" for an answer, but come up short.
My brother has a 2007 Thor Windsport with the v10 engine.
He was having some battery issues and replaced one coach battery and the chassis battery.
There is the disconnect switches at the left side of the entrance door, one for the coach batteries and one for the chassis battery.
The coach battery disconnect light will light red.
The chassis battery green LED light doesn't seem to light in either position.
Am I missing something as to how it operates? I can hear the solinoid clicking when energised or turned off. Should it be on with the batteries switched "on" or what?
Thanks for some insight.
winnbrave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2022, 04:42 PM   #2

Does the switch panel say “IntelliTec” on it.

If so, it may be either the BD2 or BD3 depending on if it has a battery voltage meter on it or not.

Here’s the manual - http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.co...ice-Manual.pdf

The one or two that I’ve seen both had red LED’s. It’s possible your brothers has a red and green. Nothing is said of different colored LED’s in the manual that I could find quickly.
But even if his has a green one instead of red, I would think the control functions pretty much the same way.
If the Chassis LED isn’t staying lit then either the Chassis Disconnect Relay (it really looks like a solenoid) isn’t latching, or the signal wire back to the control panel is disconnected, or the LED has failed (unlikely).

Those disconnect solenoids are tricky to understand. They are electrically energized or de-energized and mechanically held closed when the control panel switch is switched to on.
Old 10-01-2022, 07:54 AM   #3

Thank you Sir for the info.
The coach battery has a red LED, while the chassis has a green LED. I could hear the chassis disconnect clicking at the solenoid.
I do not remember seeing the word Intellitect.
I will go over the link and see what it says.
Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2022, 08:36 AM   #4

I just read someone else whose having issues that said they had a green LED also.

With a battery bank, never a good idea to replace one battery - always replace them all.

If your hearing the solenoid “click” then batteries may not still be fully charged and/or the chassis disconnect solenoid may have an internal problem (mechanical latch isn’t working or internal “disc” is not making contact to the two current carrying terminals). You might look on that relay for a fuses mounted to the heavy battery terminals and make sure they’re good.

I copy/pasted troubleshooting information from the link above here -

Relay won't engage -
Possible Cause/Solution
Check fuses on relay
Check battery voltage, must be greater than 10.5 volts.
While switch is engaged, check for voltage across the coil terminals (+ on the ""I"
terminal and ground on the "S" terminal), If 0 volts, replace panel, if + voltage,
replace relay.
Check wiring
Old 10-06-2022, 04:08 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have an 2006 Hurricane. The cousin to the Windsport. The switches control two latching solenoids that are in a black box mounted to the firewall above the engine oil fill tube. The solenoids, mounted behind the circuit board, are mechanically latched closed rather then held closed electrically.

What I have to do most times is to hold the the switch in the connect position and count to three to get the solenoid to latch on.

Check the PDF for additional info and troubleshoot guidance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150819_181343.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	378090   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150819_181540.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	378091  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Intellitec BCC.pdf (634.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-07-2022, 10:41 AM   #6

Thanks for the PDF. Will print it and save.
Will definitely try the "hold for three seconds" trick.

Tags
chassis, door, led, light