Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2022, 05:05 AM   #1

Headlight on Thor Ace

I have a 2916 Thor ace 27-2 and I hit a rock and need to change a head light. I can not figure how to remove the old one. Hope someone can tell me what the trick of removing the old one. Thanks in advance.
Triner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2022, 09:02 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Usually, they are held in place from the rear, with a clamp or bracket.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:23 PM   #3

Replace of Headlight

If you dont have any LED headlights this would be the time to change them. You may need the housing if damaged and that is going to be tough to find but at the same time look into LED bulbs. Makes a huge difference. I have a 2022 Thor and the lights were crap. Typical manufacture and they failed to align them first off. Then the quality of the light was junk. Could hardly see at night let alone just plain dangerous. Switched to LED and align them myself which I should not need to do as it was brand new. Frustrating with dealerships now a days as I did it in a two hour session and it would of taken them six weeks........
Slingoslingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 05:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner1 View Post
I have a 2916 Thor ace 27-2 and I hit a rock and need to change a head light. I can not figure how to remove the old one. Hope someone can tell me what the trick of removing the old one. Thanks in advance.
Do you need to change the bulb or the lens? The bulb is a standard F-7 mount and a 9007 bulb in my coach and has a clip holding it in place. Lots of YouTube videos on the subject, admittedly not on your coach.
If it the lens, then usually the whole unit headlight must be replaced. Thor MC customer service can give you the parts number and the dealer can order it. usually. The <headlightsdepot.com> may carry a replacement assembly.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlight, light