Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2019, 06:33 PM   #1

How to find the light switch on the Firefly wireless panels

I have read a couple different threads complaining about the flat firefly panels that turn on the lights. The issue is they aren't backlit so its very difficult to turn on the lights in the dark or for that matter, anytime.

Here is what I did with all the unlit light panels. I bought a small piece of thin black foam with sticky back tape on it. I cut it into about 1/2" by 1/4" pieces. I then peeled off the backer and stuck one on each panel over where that rooms light switch is. That way you just feel for the panel and then the raised foam. Bam, you found the light switch. Push on the foam and you have light!

This has made it so easy to turn on the lights in the dark or even in the daylight without having to look. Took our 9 year old grandson with us just recently and he asked where the light switch was. I had him close his eyes and I ran his hand over the switch. He felt the foam and pushed it. He never had any problems turning on the lights for the rest of our trip.

Hope this helps. Maybe others have come up with fixes.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2019, 06:26 AM   #2

Totally agree it would have been much nicer if they were backlit or even put little brail bumps on the plastic. I went to Lowes and bought the little clear round bumpers and just stuck one on each panel. I even put one on the awning light and cab light in the front panel by the door. I also use them to protect the doors that when open will hit something as in the bathroom door when the slides are in will hit the opposite cabinet.

The Debster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:50 PM   #3

I bought from Amazon, little round silicone dots that glow in the dark.
DUOFIRE 3D Domed Glow in the dark stickon

Tags
fire, light, panel, switch