Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #1

I talked to the four winds factory today about the never ending whistle coming from the front grill. Service rep. Pat Hurley did admit the problem does exist but at this time they do NOT have a factory fix. He suggested caulking shut the smaller squares in the grill, the ones that are partially covered by the grill opening in the front cap. Or by attaching a wire screen behind the existing grill, there by defusing the air as it passes through the grill. I think both of these ideas may work but, I seem to remember reading somewhere someone had their dealer install an all new factory grill that solved the problem. I'm not sure what to think, is Four winds blowing wind up our tailpipes or does a new improved grill really exist? Help!!!!

2005 Chrysler Crossfire
Hurricane driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #2

Someone here did post they got a repair with the factory supplied grill, but I cant find it.I had it then it went away for awhile.Try the sceen behind the grill.I will do some more looking. By the way, welcome to our great site.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #3

Just to add, the grill itself is just run of the mill stock plastic.It isnt even cut to fit.It sits behind fiberglass nose.I have seen the same material at customizing website for custom carbuilding.If mine bugs me this year,I will tackle it.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #4

Yes, is a known problem and I had the shop replaced with a newly desiged grill. The old one is .5" thick and the new one is 1" thick. Didn't help at all. I ended up buying a mess at Home Depot and put it on the back of both grills(top and bottom). It helps about 70% of the time.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #5

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
that is why I when with the custom made front bra and it has the thick mesh on both middle and botton opening for air. got rid of the whistle. after I had the plastic grill replaced when the manufactur sent me another different grille. It thelp some but not all the whistle was gone. very pleased with the bra and it also protects the front cap from rocks and bugs.
NO MORE WHISTLE :
look under member gallery and look up my name for pictures.
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #6

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Hurricane driver , Welcome to iRv2.com. I notice your first post. There are lots of great info on this site iRv2.com
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by LA88:
Yes, is a known problem and I had the shop replaced with a newly desiged grill. The old one is .5" thick and the new one is 1" thick. Didn't help at all. I ended up buying a mess at Home Depot and put it on the back of both grills(top and bottom). It helps about 70% of the time.
Was it a Four Winds supplied grille?

2005 Chrysler Crossfire
Old 03-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #8

Some fixes were posted in this thread.

2004 Hurricane 32R w/Demco bar and Cavalier toad
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:16 PM   #9

Had my 07 Hurricane 34B in for service today and happen to see an 08 on the lot. I took a look at the 08's grille and was surprised to see its been redesigned. The new one is made of thicker material and the square openings are much deeper. The service manager was not aware of the redesign. I had them order the new grille for me, I hope this is the fix.

2005 Chrysler Crossfire
Old 04-04-2008, 11:40 PM   #10

Anyone out there with a 07 Hurricane 34b built on a Ford chassis that sways like the wind? I tried to have a Roadmaster swaybar installed at Camping World a few months ago but it wouldn't work. The additional framing at the rear hangs down to low. I emailed Roadmaster and their reply was, my motorhome falls into the one percent their swaybar will not fit. I did however find a company called E-Z Ride Corp. that has a system they claim reduces road bounce/vibration and side to side chassis sway up to 74 percent. Has anyone tried this product?

2005 Chrysler Crossfire
Old 04-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #11

What chassis you riding on? I had tail end sway on my Ford and installed a rear trac bar and it made the differance. Before adding anything you need to make sure your within your weight specs,tire pressure also plays a part.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankie:
What chassis you riding on? I had tail end sway on my Ford and installed a rear trac bar and it made the differance. Before adding anything you need to make sure your within your weight specs,tire pressure also plays a part.
The Hurricane 34B is a 2007 riding on a 2006 Ford F-53 chassis. What brand of trac bar did you install?

2005 Chrysler Crossfire
Old 04-05-2008, 11:47 PM   #13

I put a supersteer /henderson lineup.If you do decide to install one shop around the prices vary. There are a few companies that adverties here on this site and a company out of Newburg NY that I have been dealing with.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Anyone out there with a 07 Hurricane 34b built on a Ford chassis that sways like the wind? ......will not fit. I did however find a company called E-Z Ride Corp. that has a system they claim reduces road bounce/vibration and side to side chassis sway up to 74 percent. Has anyone tried this product?
Driver - I have not used this product you ask about but had the same swaying, "white knuckle" experience driving my '07 34b ('06 Ford chassis) when I bought it a year ago. I installed the SteerSafe steering stabilizer and could not believe the difference! I am still looking into a rear trac bar to make the ride even better.

07 Four Winds Hurricane 34B
ocfd_179 is offline   Reply With Quote