Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #43

May be worth it to take it back to the factory for repair.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batten54 View Post
Same old crap. My 36.1 is in the shop again...big slide...again...
This time front opens...back does not. Last time bottom comes in...top did not! This is in addition to other stuff, leaks water on table, lights already burnt out, etc. etc. Oh...and this morning when I went to take it in...the radio went out! No cameras!!! I'm starting to think different make.
I know how you feel!! We just got our coach back. We put it into the repair shop on 9/24/13 and we just picked it up on 11/9/13! We missed the entire month of October!!
The repair shop did exactly what others have posted about: they blamed all delays on Thor! Once I called Thor and complained, things started to move along a little quicker!! They replaced the 2 adjustable rollers with larger ones, they changed the aluminum shafts to steel ones, they added metal support plates under the slide and they put in new 500:1 motors. We are keeping fingers crossed that this fixes our slide issues.
Now we are just waiting for the paint repair man to come to the house to fix the 6 areas where the service center scratched the paint on the slide.
The repair facility did replace our keys that they lost, so we have 2 sets again.
We have a trip planned for Thanksgiving weekend, will be crossing fingers that Slide is truly fixed for good!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #45

Does your state have the lemon law? I think I would talk to an atty a this point.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #46

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i had a new unit from coachmen and it was a lemon, only to find out later after spending a ton of money for a lawyer and stuff that the lemon law does not cover a recreational vehicle. these vehicles are classified by that law as a luxury. i needed up suing coachmen and the dealer i bought it from and getting my money back and bought the palazzo.
jimbooth25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25 View Post
i had a new unit from coachmen and it was a lemon, only to find out later after spending a ton of money for a lawyer and stuff that the lemon law does not cover a recreational vehicle. these vehicles are classified by that law as a luxury. i needed up suing coachmen and the dealer i bought it from and getting my money back and bought the palazzo.
I read the law and it does not cover the "home" of the motorhome. In Florida anyway. What was a lemon on your coach? Motor chassis?
My coach has pulled to the right ever since the test drive. We love the 36.1 layout and the price. That is why we bought it. I did not buy a top end Newmar or Winnie... I get that. I just want what I did buy to work.
CW told me the pull was fixed at delivery. It was not. I took it to Freightliner Jax. Still pulled. I took it to Freightliner Lake City FL. Still pulled. Took it back to CW where I bought it. They told me don't take it to Freightliner. Said they "screwed it up." CW undid what Freightliner did. Still pulled.
I'm going to talk to thor and the GM of camping world and see about getting another 36.1. This is just chassis issue. I didn't mention any coach issues like the broken Schwintek bunk bed or the warped big slide. (See picture of hand in slide while it is closed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1345221067.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	365.4 KB
ID:	50591

Slide is closed. CW said coach has to go back to Thor.
:(
Old 11-23-2013, 05:46 AM   #48

iRV2 No Limits Club
From first hand experience Indiana RV manufacturers have rigged the law, If you have a Lemon law in your state use it. Our custom made teardrop was a year overdue from a small start up company that folded and I had to threaten a law suit using an Elkhart law firm to get the unfinished trailer. I finished it my self so I know it very well. My suggestion would be to contact a law firm in Indiana that deals with this sort of issue. I worked in quality control before I retired everything from the space shuttle to antique cars, and there is NO reason for anything less than perfection.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcsurf1 View Post
I read the law and it does not cover the "home" of the motorhome. In Florida anyway. What was a lemon on your coach? Motor chassis?
My coach has pulled to the right ever since the test drive. We love the 36.1 layout and the price. That is why we bought it. I did not buy a top end Newmar or Winnie... I get that. I just want what I did buy to work.
CW told me the pull was fixed at delivery. It was not. I took it to Freightliner Jax. Still pulled. I took it to Freightliner Lake City FL. Still pulled. Took it back to CW where I bought it. They told me don't take it to Freightliner. Said they "screwed it up." CW undid what Freightliner did. Still pulled.
I'm going to talk to thor and the GM of camping world and see about getting another 36.1. This is just chassis issue. I didn't mention any coach issues like the broken Schwintek bunk bed or the warped big slide. (See picture of hand in slide while it is closed.

Attachment 50591

Slide is closed. CW said coach has to go back to Thor.
:(
Are you sure the entire slide is warped? I had a similar looking issue but on closer examination with the slide out it turned out that the lower trim piece that you have your slide under was the culprit. When the slide was in, it got pushed out by the seal. If you look underneather you will see that trip piece is attached with a very long strip of metal. What I found was that whoever installed it had their electric screwdriver set at too high torque so the screws were all the way in and appeared ok but were broken. Some had fallen out and some were hanging by a thread (sorry, could not resist the oppotunity for a pun). If the screws turn without much resistance, they are broken and will eventually fall out with the action of the slide seal pushing.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:14 AM   #50

The slide is bowed and the wall is not straight. Looks like Thor tried to push the slide in to fit and then used a bunch of caulk to get it to fit. CW says the slide has to come off and wall and slide straightened. CW says a rep from Thor has to fly down from Indiana to authorize the coach to be sent back to Thor. Not happy.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #51

TO RKNOLA, I couldnt agree more, as a new owner, im waiting for a recall,
maybe we should all band together to get results
J.Kuralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #52

I'm in
Old 11-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #53

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Don't just band together...jump in the war wagon and go for blood.
Good luck and don't give up. That is what they expect.
Rusty1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:22 AM   #54

Did you see my 33.2 slide out issues? We have a growing community of horrible issues with these Palazzos.
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #55
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
It seems the factory has recognized their slide issue and is correcting the problem at the factory.
The following three post a test to that.
The problem is that not every one can get to the factory so a responsible dealer is your only choice.
Not all dealers maybe able unless trained at factory be able to do the change for slide operation.
Those that have the problem should contact the factory and ask what dealers can do the switch and how to proceed with your problem.
Some of the structural damage may need to be done at factory also but same question should be ask from factory rep's also.
Any mfg can have design problems and as long as they recognize that, its good for the consumer, if not than they are no longer in business.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:00 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";1821484]It seems the factory has recognized their slide issue and is correcting the problem at the factory.
The following [URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/more-palazzo-slide-issues-175404-6.html#post1814528
three post a test to that[/URL].
The problem is that not every one can get to the factory so a responsible dealer is your only choice.
Not all dealers maybe able unless trained at factory be able to do the change for slide operation.
Those that have the problem should contact the factory and ask what dealers can do the switch and how to proceed with your problem.
Some of the structural damage may need to be done at factory also but same question should be ask from factory rep's also.
Any mfg can have design problems and as long as they recognize that, its good for the consumer, if not than they are no longer in business.
Thanks for the reply! In most cases those that were able to get to the factory were able to get their problem corrected in a few days. What I have observed is a level of frustration when dealing through the dealership and not taking an active part in the problem by not contacting Thor directly to verify dealer stories about waiting for parts and warranty authorization. I feel that some shops tend to blame their slow and poorly managed operation on the manufacturer.
The next thing that I have observed is the lack of or poorly conducted Per-Delivery Inspection (PDI) PRIOR to sale. Once you sign the papers the dealership has less incentive to work quickly. Again this frustrates the buyer when they must return to the shop, wait days/weeks, to correct some issue(s) that should of been found during the PDI.

As for the slides, Thor instructs you to level prior to deploying the slides. I have observed at dealerships that they have the slides out, because it makes the interior look larger, and they are not on the jacks. Again a lazy or untrained dealership staff. You have no idea how many times the slides have been operated incorrectly at the dealership. If you see this at a dealership I would move along and shop someplace else. I mentioned this to Mark Stanley, Thor Marketing Director and he assured me that all dealerships know the correct procedure but he also knows that they will do what ever...

Thanks again for your comments!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote