Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2021, 12:35 AM   #6427

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Want to drop in and give an update on my Outlaw life. My (ex)wife took the Outlaw when she moved out of the house a year ago last July and has refused to allow my to use it. I really miss the Outlaw and the abilities it has offered to create adventures.
I picked up a 5th wheel for now but have visions of a Outlaw or Renegade hauler in the future. There is no comparison to me when it comes to the ease of backing the Class A up, grabbing food on the road or using the bathroom.
And yes I still check in this forum often.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2021, 08:36 AM   #6428

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
Want to drop in and give an update on my Outlaw life. My (ex)wife took the Outlaw when she moved out of the house a year ago last July and has refused to allow my to use it. I really miss the Outlaw and the abilities it has offered to create adventures.
I picked up a 5th wheel for now but have visions of a Outlaw or Renegade hauler in the future. There is no comparison to me when it comes to the ease of backing the Class A up, grabbing food on the road or using the bathroom.
And yes I still check in this forum often.

Augh, sorry to hear that! Not about the ex, I have no idea about that, but taking your Outlaw and not letting you use it sucks.

I also read the posts but haven't been using the Outlaw as much. My family and I FT'd in it for almost 1.5 years in Florida, then my kid started school. This limits the number of trips we can take in it now :( Looking at a long trip next summer though.
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 01:55 PM   #6429

Dang Scott, so sorry to hear that. I know how much you like your OTL, and to be denied access to it sounds very spitefull

And Tim, good to hear from you again, seems it has been awhile! I wish I knew what was up with our fearless leader Steve.
Old 11-23-2021, 02:12 PM   #6430

Let me lighten the mood a little. When I was traversing across South Dakota last summer, I found a nice boondock site where I could back right up to and drop my deck over the Missouri River. However, the day I planned to do that, heavy acrid smoke from Canadian wildfires drifted into the region. So it was not a good time to relax outside on the deck.

I was on my way to visit friends in MLPS, so I started looking for alternative things to do along the way. I remembered that there is a hiway across northern Nebraska called the "Outlaw Trail" that had always piqued my interest. I spent the evening scouring the internet about this, and on Google Earth views found a large billboard advertising the road. But the image was 8 years old, and I didn't want to drive all that way only to find out it was gone. So the next morning I called the veterinarian office next to the sign and asked the receptionist to please go outside and look to confirm that the sign was still there, and it was. (Small town Nebraskans are so friendly)

So I drove my Outlaw about 80 miles on the Outlaw Trail, and have the photo to prove it
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-24-2021, 09:50 AM   #6431

We love our Outlaw so much we bought another one!

We wanted to downsize so just got back from a quick trip to Colorado to pick up our new to us 2021 29J. Trying to decide if we try to sell our 2013MD ourselves or go the contingent route. The class A toyhauler is so unique I am not sure the contingent route makes sense just yet.
Issaquahiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:03 PM   #6432

Congrats L & B on your new mini OTL.

Do you mean consignment sale? That means leaving it on a dealer's lot and hoping they take care of it and will sell it. I know someone who tried that with their OTL and had a bad experience. It never sold, and someone on the lot was using it for a bathroom, or maybe even used it offsite long enough to almost fill the black tank by the time the owners re-took possession of it.

I guess if you can store it until it is sold, and you have the time, selling it yourself would be best. If not than try consignment. But use a dealer that is close by so you can regularly check on it.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:23 AM   #6433

Consignment

Thats exactly the type of thing we are concerned about. We also do not want a lot of people wandering in it without really being serious about it. I think we are going to try to do it ourselves and see what happens. We currently have both of them winterized and stored but its silly to own 2 outlaws!!
Issaquahiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor, damon, outlaw