Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #295

Continuing with the issue of heater hose lengths...I was under the hood to tape up the air leaks and found that the two heater hoses there were 10 and 14 inches too long too! I guess the assemblers thought the more the merrier!

The air leak I found last week -- the entire length of the underside of the dashboard to the firewall had a 1/8th inch gap that I had to tape up. There was some caulking along the seam but it was only about 1/3rd the length with the rest just gapping (and streaming cold air on my legs)!

QC anyone??
Vicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #296

I'm new here and looking into purchasing a 2013 Outlaw. After looking at all the dealer pics posted, it seems the only down side is the loft bedroom height. I'm being told that it is only 32" from floor to ceiling which doesn't seem enough for adult size people up there ! Any thoughts on this ???

Thanks !!!
Ddono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #297

The loft bed has a few more inches than our camper did for the bed. We spend so little time sleeping and utilize the space we save by having the loft worth it...
dejongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #298
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddono View Post
I'm new here and looking into purchasing a 2013 Outlaw. After looking at all the dealer pics posted, it seems the only down side is the loft bedroom height. I'm being told that it is only 32" from floor to ceiling which doesn't seem enough for adult size people up there ! Any thoughts on this ???

Thanks !!!

We, Outlaw owners picked the Outlaw partly because of the loft. But to answer your question, yes the loft is about 32 inches tall of which some of the height is used by the mattress height.

And, I have added a tempurpedic mattress topper, so the room above the mattress is even less for me and the Mrs. This is no problem for us. We enter and exit the loft from standing on the step, just 2-3 steps on hands and knees and you are in bed - like crawling into bed at home.

I do not usually sit in bed at home, so doing so in the RV was never an issue, but that's what people seem to be scared-off by.

On the flip side, the loft is WONDERFUL for a quck nap or restful night sleep anytime without having to move anything from the garage. And the loft does not use any valuable floorspace. These are the common problems in other toyhauler set-ups.

And, because the loft is the full width of the RV and over 6' in length front to rear, it is easy to fit a full sized king mattress up there.

Finally, being a small area, it is easier to keep the loft at a perfect temperature...unlike the larger RV bedrooms or the sleeping area in a toyhauler garage. Warm air from the furnace runs right-up the ceiling to the loft in winter...and in summer cool air from the aircon blows out from the ceiling vent just a short distance from you.

We love our Outaw and it's easy to see why it's the original class A Toyhauler.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #299

I second all of Scarab0088's remarks.
Vicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:52 AM   #300

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
We looked at other manufacturers and had issue with the placement of the master bed both being in the garage and in the main living quarters via an electric lowered bed. The new Newmar Canyon Star does it best with the bedroom between the garage and the main salon. Having never been in one, I can only imagine how small they must feel inside with the loss of all that actual living space.

With the Outlaw floor plan you literally can walk straight through the 37 feet simply by leaving the garage door open, once it's unloaded, giving you the feeling of having a place much bigger than it is.

I've added a screen door and cables to hold my ramp parallel thereby making it 9 feet longer with what is now a deck rather than just a ramp. Our last trip out this past weekend it rained pretty hard during the evening so we sat out in our screen room where it was nice and dry just listening to the rain fall and no mosquitoes to bother us.

We also added a 3" mattress topper and I find it to be a very comfortable nights sleep. Once we're awake, the bedroom remains tucked neatly up and out of the way without robbing us of what little valuable floor space we already have in a motor home.

As you evaluate the other options, think of living in it with your gear loaded up for a road trip and see if you would be happy with the size of it with the bedroom door closed and that space basically unavailable. Or with the thought of having to put out a slide to open up a couch just to get a few hours rest. I've traveled with other couples and this really does extend the time during a rest stop.

Good luck with your choice, I love my Outlaw... I'd really love a brand new 2013
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #301

Excel Owners Club
Being fulltime RVers the loft bedroom, allowing for more living space, was one of the main reasons for choosing it. We call it the "tree house"...grandkids love it for their naps. Is tucked out of the way, giving us ample room in the living/kitchen area for working on the road. I have been in a Canyon Star and perhaps when my knees or joints get too sore to get into the loft, the Newmar would be my next choice but until then "I Love our Outlaw".
Lindaxtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #302

Thank you all for the replies !!! I was hoping I would hear those answers because I really like the layout from the few pics I have seen of the Outlaw and it seems to be just what I'm looking for to travel with the bikes, take the grand kids camping & sightseeing, and even tailgating to the football games I live in Newport, Rhode Island and unfortunately there are no dealerships anywhere near me to even see an Outlaw in person :( The only place I've seen online to carry them is MHSRV in Texas :( So I guess a flight there will be my only resort! Any pics or info you may have on the Outlaw I would love to see Thanks Again for all your helpful input !!!

Dano
Old 08-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #303

Woops !!! Forgot to leave my e-mail addy is : daniel@donovans.org
Old 08-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #304
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Outlaw Dealers

Quote:
Thank you all for the replies !!! I was hoping I would hear those answers because I really like the layout from the few pics I have seen of the Outlaw and it seems to be just what I'm looking for to travel with the bikes, take the grand kids camping & sightseeing, and even tailgating to the football games I live in Newport, Rhode Island and unfortunately there are no dealerships anywhere near me to even see an Outlaw in person :( The only place I've seen online to carry them is MHSRV in Texas :( So I guess a flight there will be my only resort! Any pics or info you may have on the Outlaw I would love to see Thanks Again for all your helpful input !!!

Dano
Sounds like you are thinking about purchase of a new RV(?)
See: Dealer Finder | Thor Motor Coach #1 Brand of Motorhomes | Diesel Pushers,Class A,Class B,& Class C RV s

Your nearest factory dealer is (but I don't see an Outlaw in the inventory):
WHITE HORSE LEISURE INC
980 N BLACK HORSE PIKE
WILLIAMSTOWN, NJ 08094 US
Phone: (856) 262-1717
Fax: (856) 629-8177
Email: Sales@WhiteHorseRV.com
Website: White Horse RV Center - New Jerseys leading RV Dealer offers a huge variety of motorhomes, travel trailers, fifth wheels, toy haulers, including new RVs, used RVs, and Pre-owned RVs - New Jersey RV Dealer for Jayco, Forest River, Keystone, Winnebago,

There is a 2013 in Ohio (on ebay - item#261086473062 with LOTS of pictures) at Performance RV Performance 5468 Cristland Hill Rd. Thornville, Ohio 43076
RV For Sale | Performance RV Rental | Ohio RV Rentals

If I was thinking about getting a new rig...I'd call the factory for an in-person viewing: 800-860-5658.

Then...if/when you are ready to "pull the trigger" you could call MHSRV and lots of other dealers to get them to fight for your purchase with price quotes.

Best of Luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 08-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #305

Scarab !
Thanks for that info I'll have to check out where they are manufactured and maybe set up an appt. to go see them in person before purchasing I believe most are made out in Elkhart Indiana ???

DANO
Old 08-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #306

Lindaxtwo !

Great pics on your site of travels !!! I too went to Nebraska and saw those great sculpters when I visited my sister on our ride out to Sturgis SD for bike week. We did a lot of riding out there on the bikes from Glencoe Campgrounds to MT. Rushmore, badlands, custer state park, spearfish, black hills forest, devils tower in Wyoming, etc. etc. etc. was a long haul from our Little State of Rhode Island but we had a blast !!!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #307
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Scarab !
Thanks for that info I'll have to check out where they are manufactured and maybe set up an appt. to go see them in person before purchasing I believe most are made out in Elkhart Indiana ???

DANO
I don't know where the factory is...but here's another post about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
Recently went to Elkhart and toured both of Thor's facilities. I was impressed in their quality control and desire to make the best coach. I am happy with my Damon and would buy another from Thor.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 08-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #308

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I met a guy and his wife tailgating at Friday nights NY Giants versus the Chicago Bears game here in Jersey.

It looked to be a 2012 with full body paint. It sure was a beauty. I'm hoping that he might visit this thread and chime in with some thoughts.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor, damon, outlaw